Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:40:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  At least Henne's not Sanchez....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: At least Henne's not Sanchez....  (Read 5344 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 12:20:57 pm »

That's a player poll by the way, not a fan poll, but to be completely forthcoming that poll was taken a year ago, not recently.
If you took that poll today, Sanchez could snatch the overall crown, though Romo is giving him some stiff competition.  T.O. certainly wouldn't be on the list.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 01:17:24 pm »

And for the record, Sanchez was only voted the SECOND most overrated QB in football (and tied for third as most overrated player).  In a twist of irony (given week 1), Romo was the #1 overrated QB; T.O. was the #1 overrated player overall.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/10/mark-sanchez-ranked-third-most.html

Thanks for catching that. Mike appears to be oddly silent now. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 07:08:56 pm »

not silent, at work all day  Roll Eyes  Just got on the CPU for the first time since this morning

Bottom line, Sanchez is light years better than Henne. if you want to fool yourself into thinking Henne is decent, go for it. Nothing I say will change your mind. Nothing you say will change mine.

But the numbers and facts back me up. . Henne loses week in and week out and has been a turnover machine and doesn't do anything to lead his team to wins. Sanchez is in the playoffs every year and fighting for a super bowl throwing 3 TD's in one game in late January in meaningful playoff games. I don't know what to tell you. Every Dolphins loss is NOT Henne's fault in your mind. Every Jets win Sanchez had nothing to do with it in your mind. You live in your bubble....god bless ya. Believe what ya want. But Im not gonna beat you over the head with it anymore.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2011, 09:02:10 am »

Amazing! This just in folks- since the numbers back Mike up, let's look at them:

Turnover maching Henne: 7114 career yards, 44 turnovers
Walks on Water Sanchez: 6740 career yards, and guess what? 47 turnovers.

Hmmm.....more fumbles and INTs for Sanchez...interesting....

Sanchez attempts on opponent's side of the field: 65
Henne attempts on opponent's side of the field: 57

Better starting position for Sanchez....interesting....

How, exactly do the numbers back you up? How is a QB who turns the ball over more, has a lower career QB rating, and who benefits from having the #1 defense in the league and #1 rushing game in the league one year (2009), and and the number 3 D and 4 rushing game the next light years ahead? How can you possibly call Henne a TO machine when Sanchez has MORE turnovers??? Still no comment on the league survey? Even the unbiased guys who write about the NFL see Henne as a better player, and dismiss the fact that he has been further in the playoffs because of his team. Scouts, Inc and Pro Football Focus BOTH did articles on the two and BOTH sided with the Henne camp as a bteer QB. Again, I'm not making the argument that Henne is necessarily better, but he's certainly not "light years" behind.   -EK

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:08:32 am by EKnight » Logged
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2011, 09:53:36 am »

Dolphins as a franchise have 1 road playoff win since 1974. Sanchez has 4 in 2 years. They are very rare and he has 4 under his belt. You can't blame him for losses and give him no credit for wins. Not fair. Im not saying the guy is great, he isn't. But he is light years better than Henne. That isn't even up for debate! Sanchez is a quality NFL QB!

Edited because I misread Mike's post.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:13:23 am by Frimp » Logged

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2011, 10:09:56 am »

Playoff road wins are NOT what they used to be anyway. Overall, visitors are 12-30 in the AFC, but since 1996 they are 12-18. And since 2004 they are 8-6. In the NFC, visitors are 17-25, including 7-7 since 2004. That means that since 2004 road teams win more than home teams. Another "point" made by MikeO shot down. -EK

mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2011, 02:34:04 pm »

Hmmm...I had no idea wins in the playoffs don't mean anything.  You should tell the Packers to give their trophy back since playoff road wins mean nothing now.  In fact, since playoff wins mean zero, we should probably just crown a champion after the regular season to avoid all that meaningless football.  Or maybe they could crown the champion after preseason and really cut all those meaningless games out.  Maybe then, Chad Henne will have won some meaningful games! 
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2011, 03:32:12 pm »

No one ever said they were meaningless. What I said was that road playoff wins- at least the trend in the past few years- are easier to come by than home playoff wins (which the numbers spell out), and in no way should be a reflection of Sanchez's "greatness." -EK
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2011, 04:03:47 pm »

Except that wins are wins, regardless of a trend.  Reality sure is a bitch, huh. 

No one is arguing Sanchez's greatness.  The only point is that he's a superior QB to Henne.  So unless Henne can demonstrate the ability to win ANY meaningful games under any circumstance, there is no argument.  Some of Sanchez's best games have come in the playoffs, which apparently, don't mean very much to you inexplicably.  Henne, on the other hand, has never demonstrated the ability to be great, good, or even passable in any game that has meaningful implications.

And since Henne has proven too fragile to even make it through this season, Sanchez will get a chance to put another notch in his belt while Henne begins preparations for an eventual career out of football.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:08:35 pm by mecadonzilla » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2011, 04:13:30 pm »

So unless Henne can demonstrate the ability to win ANY meaningful games under any circumstance, there is no argument. 

Yep ... Henne is just another Dan Marino.  He's a "can't do it by himself quarterback" that unlike that of Sanchez.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2011, 04:19:40 pm »

Yep ... Henne is just another Dan Marino.  He's a "can't do it by himself quarterback" that unlike that of Sanchez.

Not sure what you're saying here.  Marino won many, many meaningful games...just never the big one.  Henne has never won a game that got his team near the playoffs, to the playoffs, or in the playoffs.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »

Bottom line is Sanchez has a few "great games" to put up as an accomplishment and they happen to be in big spots in games that really matter. Henne has none.

This whole debate is silly, only Henne's family or some irrational Fins Fan would think Henne is close to Sanchez on this day in 2011
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 06:07:30 pm »

Not sure what you're saying here.  Marino won many, many meaningful games...just never the big one.  Henne has never won a game that got his team near the playoffs, to the playoffs, or in the playoffs.

Neither has Sanchez. THAT'S the point. He has been on some teams that have done those things, but acting like he won the damn games for them is like saying Brad Johnson "won" the Super Bowl for the Bucs in Super Bowl XXXVII. He- and Sanchez- are merely along for the ride. -EK
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2011, 09:49:49 pm »

Oy.  Keep on beating your dead horse of an argument...it might start working for you.  Next time (which would also be the first time) Henne does anything of note wake me up.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2011, 06:18:49 am »

Oy.  Keep on beating your dead horse of an argument...it might start working for you.  Next time (which would also be the first time) Henne does anything of note wake me up.

lol....yep!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray