Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:35:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Arroyo signs, Sox looking at Griffey...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arroyo signs, Sox looking at Griffey...  (Read 4476 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: January 19, 2006, 12:23:08 pm »

Against the wishes of his agent, Bronson Arroyo signed a three year / 12 million dollar deal with the Red Sox today.  He has a "gentlemen's agreement" that he won't be traded this season.

His agent wanted him to hold out for a bigger contract and advised him that this contract is way too "trade friendly."  I agree.  Bronson loves Boston, has become a big part of the local music scene, his wife is becoming a success in the city and he loves the Sox.  He said he took this deal to ensure himself a place with the Red Sox.

In other Sox news, rumors are now that they'll flip Bronson to the Reds for Father Time.  Um, I mean K-Griff Junior.  If K-Griff can stay healthy - the guy had a good season last year.  Did well in outfield assists, received a lot of gold glove votes, and mauled 35 balls that haven't landed yet.  The risk is this:  if the wind blows the wrong way Boston will find themselves again looking for a center fielder.  I'm not sure I am buying this one.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 12:44:08 pm »

You know it's too bad that Griffey is so injury prone because he is a great player (one I used to love watching back when he was with the Mariners) and even still when healthy he can play with the best of them. Downside is that, it is a BIG IF!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
bsfins
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 12:56:13 pm »

*** Hijack***

What's the News on the Red sox trying to aquire Julio Lugo?

I've read from mainly from Tampa papers,The Red sox,Cubs,Mets,and Rangers are all trying to get him,and possibly A.Huff.

( That from Cbssportsline,but I keep reading it in many different sources )
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 02:48:43 pm »

Between his contract and injuries, it isn't worth the gamble unless Boston really believes in Adam Stern....that's his name, right?

Griffey when healthy is still very good offensively and would do well in the AL East, but he is rarely healthy. He's such a risk that the Yankees optioned to keep their prospects and put Womack and Bubba Crosby in CF last year.
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 06:45:58 pm »

I like the ghetto Bronson Arroyo with the cornrolls in.  You know whats funny is that all the games he has had them in he does really good.

Roll Eyes
OG TRIPLE OG OG
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 06:46:39 pm by Pats2006 » Logged

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 07:52:59 pm »

Between his contract and injuries, it isn't worth the gamble unless Boston really believes in Adam Stern....that's his name, right?

Stern won't be the starting center fielder.  You'll hear a lot of rah rah talk about Alex Cora, and how the Sox think he can be an every day SS and they are basically right.  The kid just needs a shot.  Stern is a rule 5 guy that might turn into a decent player some day, but needs a lot of time in AAA before he can mature into someone that they can count on...even as a ultility player.  Because of the rule 5 tag, he had to spend the season on the roster last year and was limited to the amount of time he could spend in Pawtucket.  Factor in the shoulder injury...and...yeah.

Griff would be a better option, at least to start the season - injury prone or not.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 09:40:17 pm »

I like the ghetto Bronson Arroyo with the cornrolls in.

Just to save you a possible awkward moment when you're kickin' it wit' yer homies on the west si-ide, It's "cornrows" not "cornrolls."

One goes good with an extra helping of bling. One goes good with an extra helping of meatloaf and mashed taters.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray