Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:38:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Goat Trailer - Patriots (2008)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Pick one:
Paul Pasqualoni (Defense)   -13 (76.5%)
Someone else   -4 (23.5%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Goat Trailer - Patriots (2008)  (Read 8645 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: November 24, 2008, 01:37:44 pm »

Before I go thinking carefully about individuals for this poll, I just can't imagine a lot of people not picking Pasqualoni.  So, let's see if it's all we need.

I drink your milkshake!
DolFan619
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 02:07:46 pm »

How could it not be Pasqualoni?  That defensive performance was flat out awful.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 02:14:17 pm »

That's kinda my point.  When you can't stop a team all day, they score 40+ points, 500+ total yards and 400+  in the air, it's pretty much a defensive problem.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 03:55:33 pm »

Not disagreeing that the Defense should get the goat trailer....but I'd give mine to Teddy Ginn...he started out strong, but between all the dropped passes later in the game and the boneheaded, run backwards 15-20 yards to our own goaline (kick return or punt return...i don't remember), he played like shit.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 03:59:09 pm »

The offense scored a lot of points and Ginn had 88 yards.  That's very, very respectable.

I drink your milkshake!
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 04:08:35 pm »

Not disagreeing that the Defense should get the goat trailer....but I'd give mine to Teddy Ginn...he started out strong, but between all the dropped passes later in the game and the boneheaded, run backwards 15-20 yards to our own goaline (kick return or punt return...i don't remember), he played like shit.

eh, i don't fault him.  we needed 2 TD's in a VERY short time, someone had to try and make a play happen
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 04:10:16 pm »

Not disagreeing that the Defense should get the goat trailer....but I'd give mine to Teddy Ginn...he started out strong, [/b]but between all the dropped passes later in the game and the boneheaded, run backwards 15-20 yards to our own goaline (kick return or punt return...i don't remember), he played like shit.

Half of his yards came from one play early in the game.  In the second half he was dropping everything Penny was throwing at him.  At the risk of sounding like John Madden, you have to play four quarters to win the game.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:11:57 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 04:15:22 pm »

Even if half his yards came early, on one play, he still got the yards.   ...and that means that he got 40 yards later in the game....still respectable.

I'm trying to be as respectful as possible in calling you a lunatic.

I drink your milkshake!
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 04:16:32 pm »

I'd like to see Ronnie Brown get the Goat Trailer this week.

He was invisible today. What bothers me about Ronnie Brown (and why he is not a Pro-Bowl caliber RB) is that he has one game like in week 3, and then another in week 5 where you think he is the #1 RB in the league, only to come back to this week and rush for 37 yards. The keeper of the beast (of the wildcat formation) only got 37 yards rushing.

It's very clear to me over the last few weeks against Oakland, Seattle, and now vs. the Pats that this whole Wildcat fad has had it's 15 minutes of fame. It's the same play every single time - Ricky Williams in motion, Pennington as a WR, and Brown gets the direct snap (and either rushes up the middle of hands-off to Ricky for negative yardage). It had the "shock and awe" factor in week 3 and week 4 because it was so new, but ever since Baltimore trounced it, it has become highly ineffective.  This is hurting Ronnie Brown - and say what you want to, last year, before Brown tore his ACL, he was leading the NFL in rushing - and there was no wildcat formation being used by Cam Cameron.

Just because the Dolphins have used it, doesn't mean they should use it. Teams are now 100% in tune with it, and have been for about a month. Maybe it will work against crappy St. Louis or crappy San Fran, but if you wanna talk playoffs, contender, and compete for the division, you need to get serious and stop playing college football. You don't see the Giants or the Titans run the wildcat or the RB option or the wishbone or the unbalanced line.

Anyways, the main cog of this is Ronnie Brown, and he did nothing all day yesterday. The Dolphins needed big plays, and he was nowhere to be found.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:19:10 pm by jtex316 » Logged

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 04:17:51 pm »

Just last week, we had more big plays from the position.  We couldn't run the ball, so the wildcat was ineffective.  When we are able to get push, it works quite well.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 04:24:36 pm »

Even if half his yards came early, on one play, he still got the yards.   ...and that means that he got 40 yards later in the game....still respectable.

I'm trying to be as respectful as possible in calling you a lunatic.

Call me a lunatic all you want, but late in the game MIA was still in it, and him running backwards 20 yards to our goal line hurt the team big time.  All of his dropped passes hurt the team when they needed someone to step up.  If a QB passes for 350 yards, and has 3 TD's, then in the fourth quarter throws 3 INTs wouldn't you criticize him a little bit?  Now comparing a QB to a WR is apples to oranges, but I think you get my drift.

Oh and I'm adding Penny to the list as well...you can call me a lunatic for that one and I'll agree...no good reason...just because he was a stinkin' Jet.   Grin

Henne for QB in '09!!!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 04:30:27 pm »

When the defense gives up 48 points, how can you blame the offense for not scoring more than that?

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Tepop84
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 04:30:59 pm »

I'd like to see Ronnie Brown get the Goat Trailer this week.

He was invisible today. What bothers me about Ronnie Brown (and why he is not a Pro-Bowl caliber RB) is that he has one game like in week 3, and then another in week 5 where you think he is the #1 RB in the league, only to come back to this week and rush for 37 yards. The keeper of the beast (of the wildcat formation) only got 37 yards rushing.

It's very clear to me over the last few weeks against Oakland, Seattle, and now vs. the Pats that this whole Wildcat fad has had it's 15 minutes of fame. It's the same play every single time - Ricky Williams in motion, Pennington as a WR, and Brown gets the direct snap (and either rushes up the middle of hands-off to Ricky for negative yardage). It had the "shock and awe" factor in week 3 and week 4 because it was so new, but ever since Baltimore trounced it, it has become highly ineffective.  This is hurting Ronnie Brown - and say what you want to, last year, before Brown tore his ACL, he was leading the NFL in rushing - and there was no wildcat formation being used by Cam Cameron.

Just because the Dolphins have used it, doesn't mean they should use it. Teams are now 100% in tune with it, and have been for about a month. Maybe it will work against crappy St. Louis or crappy San Fran, but if you wanna talk playoffs, contender, and compete for the division, you need to get serious and stop playing college football. You don't see the Giants or the Titans run the wildcat or the RB option or the wishbone or the unbalanced line.

Anyways, the main cog of this is Ronnie Brown, and he did nothing all day yesterday. The Dolphins needed big plays, and he was nowhere to be found.

I disagree with your assessment of the Wildcat.  Obviously it has been less successful than it was the first week vs. NE (But really NE couldn't stop any rush that week, let alone a new formation such as the wildcat), but it is more successful than normal formations for the team.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 04:31:28 pm »

If a QB passes for 350 yards, and has 3 TD's, then in the fourth quarter throws 3 INTs wouldn't you criticize him a little bit?

Sure, but 3 INTs in a quarter is about as bad as you can do.  ...and in the end, your stat-line would be 3TD, 3INT....not great.  And let's be real, an INT is more costly than a dropped pass, in most cases.

He did drop some passes, yes, and he did run backwards on a play (when the game was out of reach, I'd argue, and he was gambling for a big play.)  But none of those were difference makers.  Had the defense done ANYTHING to stop the onslaught of points, we would've won the game.

We scored 28 points, none of it in garbage time, and Ginn contributed to those drives.
We gave up 48 points!  Forty Eight!

Be real.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 04:40:04 pm »

I am being very real Dave.  I don't disagree with you about the Defense playing like absolute dog shit...in fact I say that in the first line of my original post.  MY OPINION is that Ginn deserves some criticism for his lack of concentration towards the end of the game.  Maybe the game doesn't get out of hand if he doesn't drop those key passes.  I didn't think the game was out of hand when he ran 20 yards backwards.  After he did I thought it was over.

What is the point if everyone says "yes the defense was horrid today" over and over?  I was bringing up other things in the game that I think could have affected the outcome.

And don't get me wrong, I am no Ginn hater.  In fact I think he could be a superstar one day if he has a QB that can actually throw him the deep ball.  But he wasn't one thing that we needed him to be at the end of the game, and that's clutch.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray