Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:12:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Dallas police officer enters man's apartment and shoots him (split from anthem thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Dallas police officer enters man's apartment and shoots him (split from anthem thread)  (Read 47301 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2018, 03:43:12 pm »

Her entering his apartment was reckless.  The firing of her gun with the intent to kill or d gbh was intentional.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2018, 04:15:05 pm »

Her entering his apartment was reckless.  The firing of her gun with the intent to kill or d gbh was intentional.
Yes, she intended to fire her weapon. It didn't fire itself. I thought we all were on the same page with that fact.

Or are you trying to say insinuate that she intentionally went to this particular apartment to intentionally kill this particular individual?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2018, 05:17:00 pm »

Yes, she intended to fire her weapon. It didn't fire itself. I thought we all were on the same page with that fact.

Or are you trying to say insinuate that she intentionally went to this particular apartment to intentionally kill this particular individual?

What I am saying is her “mistake” is a mitigating factor in a charge of trespass, burglary, or home invasion, but not murder.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2018, 05:35:15 pm »

What I am saying is her “mistake” is a mitigating factor in a charge of trespass, burglary, or home invasion, but not murder.
What I'm saying is that unless some substantial evidence comes out, murder charge isn't going to stick and she's probably going to walk. But to you guys it doesn't matter. Might as well just skip trial and give her the chair. You guys have already labeled the OK/White Power/69 gesture flasher a racist with no evidence. I'm fairly certain that if the victim she shot was white, this topic or thread wouldn't even exist here.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2018, 05:39:52 pm »

What I'm saying is that unless some substantial evidence comes out, murder charge isn't going to stick and she's probably going to walk. But to you guys it doesn't matter. Might as well just skip trial and give her the chair. You guys have already labeled the OK/White Power/69 gesture flasher a racist with no evidence. I'm fairly certain that if the victim she shot was white, this topic or thread wouldn't even exist here.

I fully expect she walks or gets a slap on the wrist.  It is extremely rare a white cop gets much punishment for murdering a minority regardless of the evidence.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2018, 05:48:39 pm »

I fully expect she walks or gets a slap on the wrist.  It is extremely rare a white cop gets much punishment for murdering a minority regardless of the evidence.
Well, assuming that her story is mostly accurate and no more convincing evidence comes to light. Charge her with Manslaugher/Reckless Conduct, 5-7 years in jail and max fine of $10k. She'll have a felony, lose her career, never hold a firearm again and everything else that comes with a felony.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2018, 07:41:00 pm »

I think you are talking about an on duty cop. An off duty cop gets no such treatment at least that's not been my experience. She's going to spend a significant amount of time in jail.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2018, 01:52:14 am »

I guess it all depends on what you believe is more plausible:

a) She entered the wrong apartment (because she parked on a different floor), and rather than recognizing she was not in her own home, she shot the person who lived there as an intruder

or

b) The guy in the apartment directly above her was making some sort of noise, she went up there to straighten him out, banged on the door demanding that he open it, and after he did, things escalated and she shot him

Ironically enough, the fact that she is not going with B out of the gate makes it seem less likely that it's the case.  Because god knows that if a white female cop said that she was confronting an angry black man and she shot him because She Feared For Her Life, no jury in this country would convict her.

That's what's most puzzling about this whole event.  Why bother with the multiple stories about open door/closed door/locked door when she can straight up just say "I went there to confront him about his loud noise and he was scary so I shot him"?  I think she's getting bad legal advice telling her that it's better to risk a conviction on manslaughter than an acquittal on murder.  Perhaps there's some evidence to come that is problematic.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 01:56:56 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2018, 11:14:52 am »

What I'm saying is that unless some substantial evidence comes out, murder charge isn't going to stick and she's probably going to walk.

I don't know about Texas but in Florida the murder charge includes the lesser charge of manslaughter in the jury instructions so a person can still get convicted.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2018, 12:39:55 pm »

a) She entered the wrong apartment (because she parked on a different floor), and rather than recognizing she was not in her own home, she shot the person who lived there as an intruder

or

b) The guy in the apartment directly above her was making some sort of noise, she went up there to straighten him out, banged on the door demanding that he open it, and after he did, things escalated and she shot him

Ironically enough, the fact that she is not going with B out of the gate makes it seem less likely that it's the case.  Because god knows that if a white female cop said that she was confronting an angry black man and she shot him because She Feared For Her Life, no jury in this country would convict her.

That's what's most puzzling about this whole event.  Why bother with the multiple stories about open door/closed door/locked door when she can straight up just say "I went there to confront him about his loud noise and he was scary so I shot him"?  I think she's getting bad legal advice telling her that it's better to risk a conviction on manslaughter than an acquittal on murder.  Perhaps there's some evidence to come that is problematic.
100% agree with you here Spider. Either her story is mostly true or she's a terrible liar. She could have come up with 10 things that would have probably been better off for her to escape jail time.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2018, 01:19:19 pm »

or

or c) she was banging the guy and had a messy breakup
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2018, 02:38:11 pm »

or c) she was banging the guy and had a messy breakup
or d) She went to the wrong apartment (for whatever reason) and tried her key in the lock but the lock wouldn't open. As she's fumbling with the lock the man inside opens the door and startles her and she pulls her revolver and shoots him. Realizing that it's not her apartment and this is not going to look good she calls 911 and tells a story about how the door was ajar and so she goes inside thinking that someone has broken into her apartment, sees a man in the dark, tells him to get down on the ground but he doesn't so she shoots him. Later when this story is relayed to the police they start punching holes in the story because her finger prints were found all over the lock, if the door was ajar why are her finger prints on the lock? Also why would the door be ajar if the apartment is dark, he went to bed without shutting the front door? Also the evidence points to the man being in the doorway at the time he was shot not inside the apartment. Also the lady next door never heard any commands to the guy to get down but she clearly heard you call 911. Now the officer tells the police what actually took place because that actually corresponds with the evidence knowing that while she's likely going to be convicted of manslaughter that's better then possibly being convicted of murder if the jury doesn't believe the story she made up.

This seems the most likely to me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 02:46:46 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2018, 02:57:44 pm »

Pappy, you have the order backwards.  The first story was "closed door," while the current (and official, as per the arrest warrant) story is "door ajar."

If there are fingerprints on the lock, she'll need to go back to version 1.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2018, 03:35:06 pm »

Not sure why the arrest warrant would be the official version. I read that the arrest warrant was very strange and left a lot of questions unanswered. I heard both versions the first day I heard about the story so I have no idea which one came out first, but the official version will be the one told at the trial. Will be interesting to see which version that is.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2018, 03:59:24 pm »

Why would there be fingerprints on the lock? Do you guys mean doorknob? I don't personally do it but I can see someone still grabbing the knob on an ajar door. Touching a lock, assuming deadbolt, makes no sense in any scenario.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray