Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:18:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Dallas police officer enters man's apartment and shoots him (split from anthem thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Dallas police officer enters man's apartment and shoots him (split from anthem thread)  (Read 47300 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2018, 11:50:20 am »

Based on the length of Kaep's hair in that picture, it seems like that picture was taken prior to 2016.  If so, this revelation is on par with someone finding a picture of Abraham Lincoln doing a Nazi salute 70 years before that meant something.
Wow. Really? A 2 year old picture of Kaep means nothing but a who knows how old picture of the cop with someone ELSE making a gesture is perfectly legit to judge her a racist? Really? I'm pretty sure no one really thinks that Kaep was making a white power gesture, but to justify this picture while at the same time arguing strongly that the other picture meant something COMPLETELY different is quite telling.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:31:40 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2018, 11:51:57 am »

Police officer shoots an unarmed man in his own home bail is set and she is released about an hour after being taken in to custody.

Nine people arrested for peacefully protesting the shooting (there crime was blocking traffic, nobody died, nobody was even injured because of their actions, some people were inconvenienced) took 2 days to set bail while they were in jail.

Yeah everyone is being treated equitablely.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2018, 11:57:17 am »

Police officer shoots an unarmed man in his own home bail is set and she is released about an hour after being taken in to custody.

Nine people arrested for peacefully protesting the shooting (there crime was blocking traffic, nobody died, nobody was even injured because of their actions, some people were inconvenienced) took 2 days to set bail while they were in jail.

Life isn't fair, better get used to it. Guess you never been in jail before. I spent a weekend in jail once because I hopped a 1 foot tall chain link fence while dropping off a car payment. Course there are a LOT of extenuating circumstances but you don't want to hear about any of that. Sorry Hoodie but you're making a LOT of accusations without really knowing any of the details. I expected more from you.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2018, 12:11:05 pm »

Apples and oranges. Did they break the law? Yes or no? That's the only thing that really matters in anything you posted.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2018, 12:12:13 pm »

Life isn't fair,

That is the point of this thread.  

The Dallas police do not treat people fair specially people of color.  There is a term for that.....it is called racism.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2018, 12:15:46 pm »

The Dallas police do not treat people fair specially people of color.  There is a term for that.....it is called racism.
Who exactly did they treat unfairly in relation to the exact topic of this thread? Or is this just "We black, we the victim" like usual.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2018, 12:16:43 pm »

Apples and oranges. Did they break the law? Yes or no? That's the only thing that really matters in anything you posted.

Jaywalking vs homocide.  Jaywalkers spend two days in jail, killer is free in an hour.  That matters.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2018, 12:22:37 pm »

I got news for you, I'm white. The Garland Police officers that arrested me were white. Yeah I'm 100% sure that the Dallas police officer got some "special" treatment because she's a Dallas police officer, I would expect that. The protesters got the EXACT same treatment that I received from the Dallas police. Got nothing to do with color about 95% of the time. Sure 5% is 5% too much, but lets keep it in perspective, police are human too just like you and Spider. They judge people when they shouldn't just by the color of their skin, doesn't necessarily make them racist.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:25:27 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2018, 12:25:58 pm »

Jaywalking vs homocide.  Jaywalkers spend two days in jail, killer is free in an hour.  That matters.
Doesn't matter at all. The two aren't related and there are multiple circumstances that could affect the amount of time before someone makes bail.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2018, 12:49:47 pm »

They judge people when they shouldn't just by the color of their skin,

That literally is the definition of racism.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2018, 01:02:30 pm »

That literally is the definition of racism.
No, that's the definition of racial prejudice or racial bias and pretty much everyone is guilty of it. To become a racist there has to be an additional element of superiority or discrimination against a race or races. I don't see a black person EXACTLY the same as I see a white person, but I don't believe I'm superior to a black person (or any other color for that matter) and I wouldn't discriminate against a black person, therefore I'm not a racist. But I'm not naive enough to believe that I don't have a racial prejudice or racial bias as most people do. It's pretty obvious that you do as well. There's a difference between being prejudiced and being a racist. Prejudice is part of the human make up. It's the person that can see their own prejudice and NOT let that interfere with their actions that is the difference between a racist and the one that is not.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:16:18 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2018, 01:11:51 pm »

No, that's the definition of racial prejudice or racial bias and pretty much everyone is guilty of it. To become a racist there has to be an additional element of superiority or discrimination against a race or races. I don't see a black person EXACTLY the same as I see a white person, but I don't believe I'm superior to a black person (or any other color for that matter) and I wouldn't discriminate against a black person, therefore I'm not a racist. But I'm not naive enough to believe that I don't have a racial prejudice or racial bias as most people do. It's pretty obvious that you do as well. There's a difference being prejudiced and being a racist. Prejudice is part of the human make up. Racism is not.
Pappy13 gets it. If Hoodie is walking down the street with a Rolex on his wrist and some thugged out loud talking black guys with gold teeth are walking toward him in the opposite direction. You can bet you ass that he's thinking and acting differently than if a 75 year old grandmother is coming toward him.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2018, 01:17:01 pm »

Pappy13 gets it. If Hoodie is walking down the street with a Rolex on his wrist and some thugged out loud talking black guys with gold teeth are walking toward him in the opposite direction. You can bet you ass that he's thinking and acting differently than if a 75 year old grandmother is coming toward him.

But what if, instead of a 75 year old grandmother, it's some thugged out loud talking white guys with massive tats/piercings are walking toward him?

If you want to get a realistic bearing on someone's racial triggers, you should probably avoid comparing thugs to grandmothers...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2018, 01:22:56 pm »

Wow. Really? A 2 year old picture of Kaep means nothing but a who knows how old picture of the cop with someone ELSE making a gesture is perfectly legit to judge her? Really?
I am certainly in favor of consistency.  So I propose a compromise: if Kaep's picture was taken in 2016 or later, I will concede that the OK signal is innocent. But if Kaep's picture is before 2016, and the picture of the picture of the cop's brother is from 2016 or later, you'll concede the OK signal in the latter was intended to signal support for white supremacy.  Deal?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #119 on: September 19, 2018, 01:25:31 pm »

I would like to see the details. My experience has always been that simple crimes don't require seeing a judge because they had pre established bail. Did they just not take advantage? Also, when were they arrested? A Friday evening arrest that requires seeing a judge means you don't get out till Monday.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray