Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:46:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What Sport can you watch/follow even when your team is bad?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What Sport can you watch/follow even when your team is bad?  (Read 1557 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: May 31, 2023, 03:10:21 pm »

My teams i follow are Maple leafs/Raptors/Blue Jays/Dolphins

The only sport i can't really watch especially if my team is bad is the Basketball. Football and hockey are enjoyable to me even when my team is bad. Baseball is 3rd on my list but more towards the enjoyable side then where basketball is.

The problem i have with basketball is that the level of contact needed to call a foul is just unreal. I don't think basketball should be a game where people close-line others so they don't shoot the basketball but allowing some contact would be good.

edited just to add a few little tidbits.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:52:08 am by raptorsfan29 » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 03:23:29 pm »

I expect football will be a universal answer. Orlando City is really the only other one for me.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 03:28:35 pm »

I watch a lot less sports in general when I'm not watching my own team.   But I can still watch an NFL game.  I don't usually watch SNF or MNF anymore unless the Dolphins are league-relevant anymore, but I certainly used to.

Football is pretty much it.  I will watch playoffs in football if Dolphins aren't in it.
And maybe NBA if it's a player I find interesting.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 03:33:20 pm »

My favorite basketball team has been "in suspended operations" for 15 years and I still enjoy the NBA, so basketball would have to be my answer.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 03:38:06 pm »

I need to ammend my answer because I was thinking purely professional. I will still watch WVU basketball.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 03:40:32 pm »

Football and Hockey. 

I'm barely conscious of the existence of baseball anymore.  I like basketball but i don't really follow it or watch it frequently.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 03:52:55 pm »

Football & Baseball, 365 days a year...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 04:36:42 pm »

The Dolphins are the only team I can watch even if they are playing poorly, but it's getting harder for me to do that with them. I'll even turn off the Dolphins game if it's going really badly now and then I'll watch the game on replay (the condensed version) after the game is over.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2023, 08:32:22 pm »

Mostly just NFL. I watched a lot of stuff when I was a lot younger. I kept watching boxing and UFC for a while. But at some point I realized that boxing is almost as corrupt as the majority of our politicians.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2023, 06:30:27 pm »

I'm fanatical about football and baseball.  (Go 49ers, Go Padres) and keep up with the Suns in basketball... Nothing would change in how I watch the sport if my teams aren't doing well.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Denver2

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2023, 09:28:59 pm »

Miami Dolphins and the Denver NuggetS

I was gone when the nuggets beat you guys so I didn’t glowt but what a run from my Nugs.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2023, 06:50:05 am »

AFL is a fantastic sport, even when my team really sucks (like it did in 2020).  There are not too many games I would say lack any sort of spectacle (with the exception of say a Sydney vs St Kilda game because of Ross Lyon's defensive influence on both teams).

I guess as someone standing on the outside looking in (that's Cold Chisel reference from my youth - look it up), I enjoy most NFL games no matter who is playing (unless the skills are quite poor).
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2023, 05:53:18 am »

I'm reading through the responses to this, and I'm thinking "Why does Stroke keep repeating the same thing?"  Then I look at the dates and see he responded on May 31st, June 20th, and most recently Sept 23rd. lol
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2023, 07:40:02 am »

I'm 52 and a Dolphins and Red Sox fan.  I mean...

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray