Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 30, 2024, 09:08:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Last minute draft stuff.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Last minute draft stuff.  (Read 1275 times)
Denver2

Email
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2024, 09:01:46 pm »

Alright,well what you guys think about Patrick Paul?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2024, 10:07:00 pm »

Big boy...long arms. Like the raw tools...hope he can turn into a decent starter.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2024, 01:05:58 pm »

Miami is back on the clock at 120 overall (4.20), after a trade using their 2025 3rd rounder.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2024, 01:11:45 pm »

Miami takes Tennessee RB Jaylen Wright. More speed for the track team...

Trade, btw, was with the Eagles.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 01:19:22 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2024, 01:44:29 pm »

Another nugget on new Dolphins RB, Jaylen Wright. One of the ways they rate players is known as the NGS (next gen stats) Athleticism Test.

Jaylen Wright actually finished #2 in this RB class with a score of 93.

...only reason that nugget was unearthed is because the 49ers just drafted the #1 on that list, Isaac Guerendo, from Louisville.

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2024, 03:12:07 pm »

Miami just selected at #158 (5.23) Edge rusher Mohamed Kamara out of Colorado State. A hair undersized for the D-line, but crazy fast, so probably looked at as an OLB.

~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2024, 03:28:30 pm »

^^^ I checked to see if there was any relation between Mohamed Kamara and NFL RB Alvin Kamara. There isn't, but I did note that he has a brother who also plays college DL. The brother's name?  

Amara Kamara.

What parent does that to a child?

~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2024, 06:10:34 pm »

WR and RB are not NEEDS for this team so I'm a bit disappointed picks were used on those positions.  Another O-line player (preferably a center) and a DB are what is needed.  This doesn't mean I don't like the players selected, it's just that THIS team needed to select certain position players; IMO it isn't a pick the best player available year.

It can be good depth for future years when they lose guys to FA because they don't want to pay guys.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 06:15:26 pm by masterfins » Logged
Denver2

Email
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2024, 09:08:35 pm »

Well more speed with the RB kinda odd but we’ll see.

Also undrafted free agent STORM DUCK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2024, 12:52:51 am »

WR and RB are not NEEDS for this team so I'm a bit disappointed picks were used on those positions.  Another O-line player (preferably a center) and a DB are what is needed.  This doesn't mean I don't like the players selected, it's just that THIS team needed to select certain position players; IMO it isn't a pick the best player available year.

It can be good depth for future years when they lose guys to FA because they don't want to pay guys.
Seems like they decided to go for best player available. Not necessarily a bad thing. Need picks can be very deceiving as sometimes positions get filled unexpectedly and other positions that were seemingly not needed suddenly are needed because of injury. I'm ok with drafting best player available on your board. If you've done the work and they are ranked appropriately then you should get lots of value and there are posts in Reddit which suggest that Miami had the second best draft as far as value goes.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2024, 01:58:45 am »

If you've done the work and they are ranked appropriately then you should get lots of value and there are posts in Reddit which suggest that Miami had the second best draft as far as value goes.
For others who were wondering:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1784364888170598771

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2024, 08:19:11 am »

I've seen that going round and believe it's pretty bogus IMO.

We drafted two guys who are projects in the first and second round when we need starters. That's akin to Miami saying we are good with what we have and are looing to the future. Chop is not strong and gets blown out on runs so at best he is a situational third down guy. Patrick Paul has a lot of technique to learn. Both guys were picked because of potential which isn't horrible but it doesn't bode well for a team with so many holes. They did much better in the lower rounds. Listening to Joe Rose and Dave Hyde discuss the draft this morning it sounds like they are feeling the same way.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2024, 03:58:57 pm »

I’m actually pretty impressed over all with the draft.

Kamara out of Colorado State is going to be a steat, I think one of the Washington’s will be our 3rd receiver and Chop and Paul both have a lot of potential.

I wish we would have maybe addressed our short yardage woes with a bruiser running back or FB but McDaniel knows running backs so adding another speedster can make us lethal.

I hope McDaniel will at least get a full five years ( unless we go 1-16 this or something )

It’s Miami so I’m used to the let down but I still have more faith in the team than pretty much anytime since I’ve been a fan.

Go Dolphins, forever!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2024, 05:38:30 pm »

I don't know shit from Shinola when it comes to draft eval, but I do like our first pick.  I like edge rushers, I think we need it, and the guy's highlights package was impressive.  I don't know about criticisms against his run stopping, but I like the idea of not having these QBs stand back and pick us apart.

As for the O-lineman, I'm always good with that.

It's the speedy undersized RB that's confusing.  It feels like we have that box checked.

One of the things we aren't good at is getting 1 yard when we need 1 yard -- pounding the ball for short yardage.  That doesn't seem to have been addressed with this personnel. 

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2024, 05:59:19 pm »

I don't know shit from Shinola when it comes to draft eval, but I do like our first pick.  I like edge rushers, I think we need it, and the guy's highlights package was impressive.  I don't know about criticisms against his run stopping, but I like the idea of not having these QBs stand back and pick us apart.

As for the O-lineman, I'm always good with that.

It's the speedy undersized RB that's confusing.  It feels like we have that box checked.

One of the things we aren't good at is getting 1 yard when we need 1 yard -- pounding the ball for short yardage.  That doesn't seem to have been addressed with this personnel. 
Chop Robinson's highlight reel looks good but his stats aren't great. This past year he started 10 games at defensive end...Finished with 15 tackles (12 solo), 7.5 tackles for loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery, a pass breakup and five quarterback hurries.

I think it was Dave Hyde that said over the last 60 something edge rushers drafted only about 11 have gotten more sacks in the NFL than they did in college.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray