Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 12:30:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Brady Quinn over Ted Ginn plus Cam Cameron's incompetence
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Brady Quinn over Ted Ginn plus Cam Cameron's incompetence  (Read 31877 times)
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2008, 07:41:37 pm »

Where is the proof that this happens?

The only time a team drafts a franchise LT over a franchise Qb is when they already have one or they do not think much of the franchise Qb.  Cleveland did not think enough of Quinn to draft him over Thomas, just as Miami did not think enough of Ryan to take him over Long.
Excellent point, well done.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2008, 08:46:55 pm »

Where is the proof that this happens?

The only time a team drafts a franchise LT over a franchise Qb is when they already have one or they do not think much of the franchise Qb.  Cleveland did not think enough of Quinn to draft him over Thomas, just as Miami did not think enough of Ryan to take him over Long.

actually a team drafts a franchise LT over a franchise QB, when they don't have an o line that is good enough to protect the QB, whats the point in getting a franchise QB when the guy is going to get killed every time he snaps the ball from a crappy offensive line.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2008, 09:05:02 pm »

actually a team drafts a franchise LT over a franchise QB, when they don't have an o line that is good enough to protect the QB, whats the point in getting a franchise QB when the guy is going to get killed every time he snaps the ball from a crappy offensive line.
So NFL teams never draft a franchise QB with a bad offensive line ? Happens all the time.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
DolFan619
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2008, 10:03:28 pm »

ooooOK........ Huh

Don't know what he has to do with Ginn but........rock on guys.   

What it has to do with Ginn is, you stated that "number one receivers don't field punts."  However, as others have stated that's not true at all.  When O.J McDuffie was our top receiver, he fielded punts.  Stroke pointed out that Steve Smith in Carolina fields punt returns.  Also, Adrian Peterson did some returns for the Vikings last season.  Yet nobody labels them as just a "kick returner."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:05:16 pm by DolFan619 » Logged
Dphins4me
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2008, 10:24:07 pm »

Actually no.  You do not pass on a franchise Qb because you have a weak line. 

There should be lots of proof of this type stuff, if it happens..

Remember there has to be a franchise QB & LT in the draft.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2008, 04:13:36 am »

People who are still angry that we did not take Quinn will never accept Beck, even if he becomes the next Marino, because they would rather be right than happy.
QFT.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2008, 04:22:12 am »

A QB that dosen't have happy feet in the pocket or deer in the headlight syndrome.
Every QB looks great riding the pine.   Wink

run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2008, 04:27:57 am »

I don't believe Chambers was listed as the #1 receiver in his rookie season. .........lets see if Ginn returns any punts in training camp or in the reg. season. #1 Receivers DO NOT return punts .
Tim Brown?

simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2008, 11:00:17 pm »

What it has to do with Ginn is, you stated that "number one receivers don't field punts."  However, as others have stated that's not true at all.  When O.J McDuffie was our top receiver, he fielded punts.  Stroke pointed out that Steve Smith in Carolina fields punt returns.  Also, Adrian Peterson did some returns for the Vikings last season.  Yet nobody labels them as just a "kick returner."
Let it be stated again, Ted Ginn Jr was drafted as a KR who played WR also, he was not drafted for his ability as a wide receiver. Peterson was drafted as a rb, so not a comparison.
Oj McDuffie was not drafted as kr, He just happen to be a wr who could play KR.
The facts remain we need to deal with the hand dealt to us. Ginn needs to step up and produce, as a dolfan I am willing to forget 2007 the Cameron hostage crisis. So Ted you get a pass, Beck you get a pass, but no excuses this year.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:02:07 pm by simeon » Logged

Dphins4me
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2008, 11:29:43 pm »

Let it be stated again, Ted Ginn Jr was drafted as a KR who played WR also, he was not drafted for his ability as a wide receiver. Peterson was drafted as a rb, so not a comparison.
Oj McDuffie was not drafted as kr, He just happen to be a wr who could play KR.
The facts remain we need to deal with the hand dealt to us. Ginn needs to step up and produce, as a dolfan I am willing to forget 2007 the Cameron hostage crisis. So Ted you get a pass, Beck you get a pass, but no excuses this year.
  No, they did not draft Ginn just as a KR.  No one is foolish enough to draft just a KR with the 9th pick of the draft. 

Yes, Ginn is raw as a Wr, but that does not mean they did not expect him to be a valuable WR in the future for the team.   You guys floor me with this silly stuff.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 05:18:39 pm by Dphins4me » Logged
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2008, 03:55:53 pm »

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
PhinsHelmetOnPenis

making a dolfan out of all the ladies

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2008, 04:03:42 pm »

No, they did not draft Ginn just as a KR.  No one is foolish enough to draft just a KR with the 9th pick of the draft. 

Yes, Ginn is rare as a Wr, but that does not mean they did not expect him to be a valuable WR in the future for the team.   You guys floor me with this silly stuff.
dude just admit that you have serious wood for ted ginn and we'll call it even. the guy is a bust I dont care how good a KR (YES KR!!! cuz thats what he is whether you like it or not) he turns out to be, he was a REACH. I'm amazed at your level of denial its amazing are you sure you're not in the Ginn family too?
Dphins4me
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2008, 05:22:26 pm »

dude just admit that you have serious wood for ted ginn and we'll call it even. the guy is a bust I dont care how good a KR (YES KR!!! cuz thats what he is whether you like it or not) he turns out to be, he was a REACH. I'm amazed at your level of denial its amazing are you sure you're not in the Ginn family too?
With all the replies you could have made, this is how you choose to express yourself?   That was the best you've got? 

I'd kept my fingers off the keyboard if that was the best I had.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2008, 06:04:41 pm »

Is that like Cameron's Fail Forward Fast thing? ;-)
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2008, 06:06:44 pm »

Yes, Ginn is raw as a Wr, but that does not mean they did not expect him to be a valuable WR in the future for the team.   You guys floor me with this silly stuff.
You have to be kidding me. Ok try answering these question's, let's look at his rookie season.
1.Did Ginn return KR and punts from day one of the season ?
2.Did Ginn play on the field as a wide receiver from day one ?
3. Where on the depth chart was Ginn in KR and Punt returns ?
4.Where on the depth chart was Ginn listed as a wide receiver ?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray