Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:24:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  25 female teachers in 16 states have been arrested for sex crimes this past yea
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: 25 female teachers in 16 states have been arrested for sex crimes this past yea  (Read 518 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2024, 08:48:18 am »

You recognize a photo from 1996 and remembered the story?

Yes.

There's one very famous case of this where the woman married the boy after she got out of prison.  I think she had sex with him when he was 12.  Then she went to jail for a long time, they stayed in contact, and she married him when she got out.  I think he was 21.  They had a few kids.  Years after, they divorced and he realized he was the subject of her abuse.  There are some weird interviews after they're married where you can see their power dynamic is screwed up.

It's fresh on my mind because there was a movie that came out last year called "May December".  It isn't a biopic, but it very closely uses that real-life story to tell a fictional story of its own.  It had some Oscar buzz.  Anyway, I watched that film and then went back and dug all the way back into that story, including pictures of her.  It was so scandalous because she was hot.   Her name was Mary Kay Letourneau.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2024, 09:27:54 am »

See here is the problem I have. Assholes come in all races and genders and from every walk of life. I'm really trying to get away from "labeling "as a whole because at the end of the day regardless of your religion, political alliance, hobbies etc ... you are either a decent person or an asshole. Being a racist or whatever doesn't change that. Any other label really is just further classifying pieces of chit.

That is fucking hilarious come from someone who starts a thread on a sports forum containing deceptive imaging targeting one gender of one profession because that is outrage dejour from his rightwing hate group.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2024, 12:02:22 pm »

For many factors, there is no more dangerous place in the US for children than a church. Everything from sexual abuse to being groomed into a corrupt morality.

Let's be serious. I don't have any love for organized religion but I can safely say a Crack house is more dangerous just off the top.

Dear God, help us...  Crack Churches   Shocked

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2024, 12:45:53 pm »

Let's be serious. I don't have any love for organized religion but I can safely say a Crack house is more dangerous just off the top.

Well if we're going to play semantic games, i have a nuclear power plant about 15 miles from my house, i guess the exposed core would be more dangerous than a crack house too.

You don't routinely send your kids into crack houses, you do put your kids into youth programs in churches with known and unreported pedophile sex offenders
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2024, 03:00:22 pm »

That is fucking hilarious come from someone who starts a thread on a sports forum containing deceptive imaging targeting one gender of one profession because that is outrage dejour from his rightwing hate group.

News flash ... this isn't a Sports Forum. It's Off-Topic from the sports forum which means it is anything but sports. LMAO ... the fact men have been going after young girls has been pretty much a given since you were born. It the uptake of women that makes me wonder why. There is a reason why most babysitters are female. While we are at it .... what other professions are raping kids that you feel we need to discuss? Well ... other than the Catholic church that you try and paint as all churches.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2024, 08:34:40 pm »

I didn't look closely enough to recognize Mary Kay but if I had her story sticks me clearly as well.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2024, 08:14:35 am »

Well if we're going to play semantic games, i have a nuclear power plant about 15 miles from my house, i guess the exposed core would be more dangerous than a crack house too.

You don't routinely send your kids into crack houses, you do put your kids into youth programs in churches with known and unreported pedophile sex offenders

I don't take children anywhere because I don't have any (that is playing semantics). Drug addicts can and will take their children anywhere. I personally know a couple that was found overdosed with their kids in the back seat, knew a former hooker that turned tricks with her daughter in the next room, etc.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2024, 10:10:12 am »

It the uptake of women that makes me wonder why.

That is why you selected a photo of an incident from 1996.  Destroys all credibility of any claim of honest discord. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2024, 11:04:09 am »

Just because that one photo is old doesn't mean that there isn't an uptick.  I figure that the article uses the pictures of the hottest women because it makes the story more salacious.

My best bet it a combo of greater reporting / lower tolerance / lower normalizing of "where were these teachers when I was in school LOL!!!!" and just the fact that there's a greater number of people in the world than there was 40 years ago.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2024, 01:39:51 pm »

It doesn't appear that photo is from the original article although some of the photos are from it. The original article had some less attractive photos so when this article made mention of it the boosted the look factor.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2024, 06:33:27 pm »

It doesn't appear that photo is from the original article although some of the photos are from it. The original article had some less attractive photos so when this article made mention of it the boosted the look factor.
That's a direct link from the article. The odd thing though is its two pages of pics in the article but the link does kind of a mash up of the two. Not sure why.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2024, 01:20:49 am »

That's a direct link from the article. The odd thing though is its two pages of pics in the article but the link does kind of a mash up of the two. Not sure why.

You didn't provide any links but the only article I found with that picture had a link to another article with the original story. Basically the Daily Mail updated its own story. Here is what I saw as the original. Some photos were the same but the lower you scroll the less attractive the photos and they are different than you posted.

https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13326161/amp/Cougars-classroom-alarming-rate-teachers-charged-raping-young-boys-America.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17150587856537&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-13326161%2FCougars-classroom-alarming-rate-teachers-charged-raping-young-boys-America.html
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2024, 11:16:46 am »

Just because that one photo is old doesn't mean that there isn't an uptick. 

True, but just because some unattributed claim that there is an uptick doesn’t mean there is an uptick.

I am willing to discuss issues based on facts but the OP has a history of making claims that almost never are supported by the article he is citing or using extremely dubious sources so now he continues to make claims but doesn’t include the source.  The fact this montage includes a photo from 30 years ago to support a claim of a recent uptick means this didn’t come from some well sourced news article subscribing to journalistic integrity.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2024, 05:17:53 pm »

You didn't provide any links but the only article I found with that picture had a link to another article with the original story. Basically the Daily Mail updated its own story. Here is what I saw as the original. Some photos were the same but the lower you scroll the less attractive the photos and they are different than you posted.

Yea ... they definitely changed the article pics.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2024, 05:20:11 pm »

True, but just because some unattributed claim that there is an uptick doesn’t mean there is an uptick.

Since you are always on the opposite side of anything I say ... regardless of what it is ... let me directly tell you NOT to send me all your money. Whatever you do DO NOT SEND ME MONEY!!! hahaha

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray