Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:14:04 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Why Biden won't close our southern border
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Why Biden won't close our southern border  (Read 491 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: May 03, 2024, 03:42:33 pm »

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4588570-three-reasons-biden-wont-close-the-border/

This article quite accurately describes the situation of how horrible the border situation has become.  

Literally, millions of illegal immigrants have entered this country under Joe Biden.

Trump literally had secured our borders and made them the safest in the world.

The first reason the article gives is quite weird.  I don't understand how ANY American would favor an open border.  It's nonsensical.

The second reason given is the one you might expect.  Political power.  Allowing illegals into the country helps because they count in the population even if they can't vote.

With many people leaving blue cities to go to red ones because of unprecedented crime and inflation, the illegals help offset the losses of the Democratic Party.  This is the opposite of what I thought earlier.  I figured many Republicans leaving for red states would make it easier for Democrats in the election.

The third reason is utterly ridiculous.  Illegal immigrants are not looking for work.  They are getting free stuff from the government and living lives of luxury.

This is affecting my mental health.  I ask you Democrats, what is the good in allowing millions of illegal immigrants to come into our country?  Help me understand the situation.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 08:28:23 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 04:28:05 pm »

This is affecting my mental health.

It is quite obvious from your posting in the past couple of years that you are mentally unwell and fallen victim to the MAGA cult.  I urge you to get help.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 11:17:36 am »

I'm not going to get into this debate because I don't think it's in good faith.  I will say this:

I do believe that the lack of security and processing at the border is unacceptable.
It has been unacceptable for many decades.
It isn't the president's job to fix the border.  It is a larger, systemic issue only partially related to US policy that requires funding and legislation to not only fix the current crisis, but the larger cause.
I don't believe that politicians are truly interested in solving the problem.
While it is a problem that needs addressing, the sudden hysteria about the issue is performative and an a political overreaction.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 05:33:48 pm »

I would like to know how many undocumented immigrants entered the country per year under Obama, Trump, and Biden, so I can know the number of immigrants that is a grave threat to the republic vs. how many is securely keeping our nation safe.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 06:41:56 pm »

Just as a toss out, here in Florida the southern border isn't where we are seeing immigrants come from. Haiti is sending a lot of people our way. Some are legal and some I have to question. We just let two go recently because I assume their permits expired. They both came in one morning and provided new documents with different names on them and expected us to treat them as it was normal.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2024, 07:50:48 am »

The free immigration policy is killing countries. For instance Switzerland is dealing with falling school standards as well as violence and crime like never before. The financial burden it puts on everyone there is out of control as well.  Who'd have thought allowing Somali gangs in to the country unchecked would have been a bad thing?  Roll Eyes

It may not be politically correct to say but the truth is uncontrolled immigration is not good for the citizens and should be checked. Everyone who is saying the opposite is free to adopt as many as you like but we all know that isn't happening. Talking about being a good person is so much easier.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 07:52:41 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 12:26:56 pm »

For instance Switzerland is dealing with falling school standards as well as violence and crime like never before.

This sounds like Trump.  "like never before".

Where are you getting this?  I saw some articles that Switzerland is experiencing increased crime in the last year, but they're one of the lowest in the world historically and there was a sharp decline for many years in a row prior.  This doesn't seem true.  It seems like a cherry pick of data to try to make a point.

From what I can tell, rates have ticked up slightly over the last two years, but are still well below rates in the 2010s. 

Rate per 1000 people:
2010: 67,8

2011: 71,1

2012: 76,9

2013: 71,5

2014: 64,6

2015: 59,2

2016: 56,2

2017: 52,1

2018: 51,0

2019: 50,6

2020: 49,0

2021: 47,9

2022: 52,5

2023: 59,3

Source: https://www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/de/home/statistiken/kataloge-datenbanken/publikationen.html?dyn_prodima=901231

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 03:01:58 pm »

It is politically acceptable to blame "immigrants from shithole countries" or "immigrants from Somali gangs" in a way that it not acceptable to simply blame "Mexicans" or "Africans."
It's the same meal, just reheated for a new generation.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2024, 06:26:43 pm »

This sounds like Trump.  "like never before".

Where are you getting this?  I saw some articles that Switzerland is experiencing increased crime in the last year, but they're one of the lowest in the world historically and there was a sharp decline for many years in a row prior.  This doesn't seem true.  It seems like a cherry pick of data to try to make a point.

From what I can tell, rates have ticked up slightly over the last two years, but are still well below rates in the 2010s. 

Rate per 1000 people:
2010: 67,8

2011: 71,1

2012: 76,9

2013: 71,5

2014: 64,6

2015: 59,2

2016: 56,2

2017: 52,1

2018: 51,0

2019: 50,6

2020: 49,0

2021: 47,9

2022: 52,5

2023: 59,3

Source: https://www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/de/home/statistiken/kataloge-datenbanken/publikationen.html?dyn_prodima=901231
Sorry ... I meant Sweden ... the larger of the two. I saw a report about a week ago on CBS in regards to how things have been going in Sweden as the Far Right has been getting elected because of the crime.

Sweden’s police chief says escalation in gang violence is ‘extremely serious’https://apnews.com/article/sweden-shooting-bombing-teenager-deadly-d47736b7a3421a5bf4d9d50c89744535

Sweden has around 62,000 persons linked to criminal gangs, police sayhttps://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sweden-has-around-62000-persons-linked-criminal-gangs-police-say-2024-02-23/

Spread of gang violence wrecks Sweden's peaceful imagehttps://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67342368

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2024, 06:30:56 pm »

It is politically acceptable to blame "immigrants from shithole countries" or "immigrants from Somali gangs" in a way that it not acceptable to simply blame "Mexicans" or "Africans."
It's the same meal, just reheated for a new generation.
If you have nothing to add I can always count on you calling me a racist and sometimes a homophobe. Hahaha ... you really need new tag lines as neither has much of an effect these days. You guys wore it out a while ago.   

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2024, 11:25:14 am »

I can always count on you calling me a racist and sometimes a homophobe. Hahaha ... 

If you don’t want to be called a racist stop saying racist stuff, it is really that simple.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2024, 11:44:59 am »

If you have nothing to add I can always count on you calling me a racist and sometimes a homophobe.
CF, do you think it's racist to blame "immigrants from shithole countries" or "immigrants from Somali gangs" for general, unattributed increases in the national crime rate, or falling school standards?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2024, 11:58:43 am »

My all time favorite “blame it on the immigrants” is the often made claim that immigrants are bringing illegal guns into the USA over the Mexican boarder. 

Reality is that is  that the flow of guns is the opposite direction with over 90% of guns the Mexican police seize illegally brought into Mexico from the USA. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2024, 05:15:35 pm »

CF, do you think it's racist to blame "immigrants from shithole countries" or "immigrants from Somali gangs" for general, unattributed increases in the national crime rate, or falling school standards?
When news and political leaders say it because the data backs it up it is truth. Black babies are given up for adoption at a higher rate than white people. You'd call that a racist  statement but the facts support it. Asians succeed at a higher level than anyone in the US and there is facts to support that.

The biggest issue with progressive liberals is you give up common sense in order to be politically correct. Feelings over facts is super dangerous and we are seeing the effects. That's just dumbing down society and wouldn't you know it ... there is evidence to support that we are dumber now here in the US as IQs are continually falling. So much in fact that some people think transvestites are actual women and we have to pretend they are too or we're the bad ones. Who in the heck in their right mind would have seen that coming?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2024, 06:02:39 pm »

When news and political leaders say it because the data backs it up it is truth.
But you don't have any data indicating that immigrant Somali gangsters are causing "falling school standards."  It's just something you call "common sense" because you prefer to blame immigrants.

Black babies are given up for adoption at a higher rate than white people. You'd call that a racist  statement but the facts support it. Asians succeed at a higher level than anyone in the US and there is facts to support that.
Are black babies more frequently given up for adoption because of their race?
Are Asians more successful because of their race?
No need to sugar coat your answer; speak freely.

When I said, "It's the same meal, just reheated for a new generation," I meant that nothing you're saying is new.  There have been people saying, "It's no coincidence that white people are more successful than black people, just look at the data" for centuries.  And the kind of people who think that's "just common sense" have a very particular world view.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 06:05:20 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray