Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:31:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Bulletproof vests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Bulletproof vests  (Read 17244 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2019, 01:29:17 pm »

I’m all for wiping out white supremacy but there’s a hell of a lot more hate out there than that fringe group. If that’s your focus you are ignoring the majority of hate groups.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2019, 01:43:31 pm »

I’m all for wiping out white supremacy but there’s a hell of a lot more hate out there than that fringe group. If that’s your focus you are ignoring the majority of hate groups.
It used to be a fringe group. However, the left has moved the goal posts again. Didn't you know. Anyone who is a white male, disagrees with liberals, or generally calls out blacks for bad behavior are deemed as racists and/or a white supremacist. It doesn't matter if you fit the real definition. All black people are above reproach when it comes to bad behavior. Because it's someone always else's fault in some alternate time line of the universe. Just accept that everything is your fault and go about your business.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2019, 02:31:18 pm »

whether it's actually on the rise is debatable .. the fact that it's becoming more vocal and thus exposed is not
...and why is it becoming more vocal?  Left leaning news sources is why.  They make it out to be this sort of epidemic, which it is not.  It's a bait and switch from the real issues plaguing this country.  I'm not saying ignore it, if left unchecked things can get out of hand, but it's not even close to what they say it is.  The farthest right, White supremacy, and in the same tone Nazism, should be in the same conversation as the farthest left, Antifa, and in the same tone communism.  Communism has a much higher body count than anything the Nazi's did, yet it's ACCEPTABLE to be a fucking commie in this day and age.

The real conversation should be what has driven these people, either far left or far right, and/or these mass shooters to do what they do.  As evil as these people are for committing mass murder, or being a white supremacist, or being a violent political advocate, they were/are still PEOPLE.  They aren't demon's incarnate, and it's easy to dissociate yourself that they aren't people, that you aren't capable of the same thing.  News flash, under the same circumstances, you are.  So what are the circumstances?  I'll get back to that.  

People like you want to ban guns.  Roughly 80 million people own guns.  Out of that, give or take a dozen, 24 of them are mass shooters during a given time.  That's 0.003% correlation.  That is tiny, minuscule even.  So you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater?  Do you know what correlates almost 100%?  Mental illness, either by genes or abuse.  Preventive measures could be taken there, but no, the focus is on guns.  In addition to that, the majority of the 27 deadliest mass shooters came from a broken home, either fatherless or abusiveness (there was an article that proved false that 26/27 deadliest shooters had no father, but the vast majority were how I stated:  broken home, or abusive).  Now take that tidbit of info and apply it to the African American population.  We all know the stat, 13% of the population committing 50% of the violent crime, with 75% of the African American population being fatherless.

So in both instances involving violent crimes, the common denominator is this:  Broken homes, abuse and mental illness.  That is how you make a (mass) murderer and violent criminal.  That is what we should be focusing on.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:43:01 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2019, 04:07:38 pm »

Anyone who is a white male, disagrees with liberals, or generally calls out blacks for bad behavior are deemed as racists and/or a white supremacist.
Why, yes: anyone who singles out a group by race for bad behavior is deemed "racist.". That is quite literally how racism works, and if you think you should be able to claim that (say) blacks are less intelligent than other races without being called a racist, YOU'RE the one moving the goal posts.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2019, 04:54:50 pm »

Why, yes: anyone who singles out a group by race for bad behavior is deemed "racist.". That is quite literally how racism works, and if you think you should be able to claim that (say) blacks are less intelligent than other races without being called a racist, YOU'RE the one moving the goal posts.
You have a comprehension problem. No one said anything about a group of people. For example, if Tyrone beats and kills his uncle, if Shanaynay throws her newborn in a dumpster, or if Tiesha is loud and acting like ghetto trash in the movie theater. The point being that if a white person calls out blacks for bad behavior, they are deemed as racists and/or a white supremacist. I mean shit, you just implied that I was a racist and I said nothing racist. Thanks for proving my point, LMFAO.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2019, 05:09:37 pm »

It used to be a fringe group. However, the left has moved the goal posts again. Didn't you know. Anyone who is a white male, disagrees with liberals, or generally calls out blacks for bad behavior are deemed as racists and/or a white supremacist. It doesn't matter if you fit the real definition. All black people are above reproach when it comes to bad behavior. Because it's someone always else's fault in some alternate time line of the universe. Just accept that everything is your fault and go about your business.
I swear I've been called a racist more times lately than I can count although it doesn't come from blacks who know me. I'm from Sanford and that's saying a lot. I do realize this has become the norm for the leftist. Not necessarily from the left, although Nancy and Chuck get a bit confused sometimes but the extreme leftist group. Hell ... they are even on record calling the Left racists ... hahahaha.  It only proves that two words have lost their meaning. Racist is typically used to mean "I have no other arguments so I'll resort to name calling" and being called the name of Hitler is synonymous with "you just hurt my feelings".

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2019, 05:34:42 pm »

The Vox article is on point. White nationalist violence is on the rise and has a long history.  Not all violence is political, but most political violence is right wing.  Their are exceptions the congressional baseball shooting was left.  And their are leftist who commit vandalism (earth first, peta) that is mostly property damage not intended to harm people.  But most violence that is politically motivated is right wing.  Bombing a national guard recruiting center during the Vietnam war is left wing violence.  Bombing an abortion clinic is right wing violence.  There was left wing violence during the vietnam war.  But not much since then in comparison to right wing violence.  Please compare the number of black churches fire bombed by whites to white churches firebombed by blacks.  Please compare the number of heterosexual beaten up by homosexuals for being hetro, to the number of homosexual beaten up for being homos.  And the presidents comments most certainly is encouraging this violence.

The poster that meme you posted is an example of what you accuse vox of

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2019, 05:41:17 pm »

You have a comprehension problem. No one said anything about a group of people. For example, if Tyrone beats and kills his uncle, if Shanaynay throws her newborn in a dumpster, or if Tiesha is loud and acting like ghetto trash in the movie theater. The point being that if a white person calls out blacks for bad behavior, they are deemed as racists and/or a white supremacist. I mean shit, you just implied that I was a racist and I said nothing racist. Thanks for proving my point, LMFAO.

Condemning individuals for bad behavior is not racism.  Condemning Tyreek Hill is not racism.  First two are okay.

Calling someone ghetto trash for being loud, is absolutely unquestionably racism.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2019, 05:46:07 pm »

...and why is it becoming more vocal?  Left leaning news sources is why.  

because a president made it his platform .. that's why. Have you not heard him speak ever?

The farthest right, White supremacy, and in the same tone Nazism, should be in the same conversation as the farthest left, Antifa, and in the same tone communism.

no .. they should not

People like you want to ban guns.

Do I?  Odd that you say that when I don't. I think guns should be regulated. I think robust rules should be in place.

Do you know what correlates almost 100%?  Mental illness, either by genes or abuse.
No this does not. This is just flat out wrong. I don't see anything mentally wrong with the el paso shooter. He bought weapons, he had thought out reasoning that he put in a manifesto. he drove 9-12 hours specifically to go to that location. I don't see mental illness. I see someone that was conditioned and indoctrinated to believe that certain people are inferior and thus worth less. I see someone who was told repeatedly that he was under attack from brown people and he took matters into his own hands.
Mental illness doesn't play here. this was premeditated, it was evil and it was purposeful.

Now take that tidbit of info and apply it to the African American population.  We all know the stat, 13% of the population committing 50% of the violent crime, with 75% of the African American population being fatherless.

So in both instances involving violent crimes, the common denominator is this:  Broken homes, abuse and mental illness.  That is how you make a (mass) murderer and violent criminal.  That is what we should be focusing on.

Again the common denominator is guns. In the UK for example, they have proportionally the same amount of minorities we do, they have the same ratio of mental illness, they have the same ratio of broken homes and abuse and yet their gun deaths are infinitesimally smaller. And the reason is that they don't have the gun addiction we do.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2019, 05:46:31 pm »

The Vox article is on point. White nationalist violence is on the rise and has a long history.  Not all violence is political, but most political violence is right wing.  Their are exceptions the congressional baseball shooting was left.  And their are leftist who commit vandalism (earth first, peta) that is mostly property damage not intended to harm people.  But most violence that is politically motivated is right wing.  Bombing a national guard recruiting center during the Vietnam war is left wing violence.  Bombing an abortion clinic is right wing violence.  There was left wing violence during the vietnam war.  But not much since then in comparison to right wing violence.  Please compare the number of black churches fire bombed by whites to white churches firebombed by blacks.  Please compare the number of heterosexual beaten up by homosexuals for being hetro, to the number of homosexual beaten up for being homos.  And the presidents comments most certainly is encouraging this violence.

The poster that meme you posted is an example of what you accuse vox of

You'd think that because all you read is bullshit left propaganda stating that.  Vox is a cancer, and many sites like it used for manipulation.

And how is what I posted an example of what I accused Vox of?  You mean the meme fact checked by unbias fact checking website Snopes as mostly true?
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2019, 05:48:19 pm »

Condemning individuals for bad behavior is not racism.  Condemning Tyreek Hill is not racism.  First two are okay.

Calling someone ghetto trash for being loud, is absolutely unquestionably racism.

Even if they're white? So if I call the meth head white girl from the trailer park ghetto trash for being loud and obnoxious it's OK. But if I call black Tiesha ghetto trash for being loud and obnoxious, I'm a racist. Sure, that hypocrisy makes perfect sense. You people are fruitcakes, haha.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2019, 05:53:23 pm »

You'd think that because all you read is bullshit left propaganda stating that.  Vox is a cancer, and many sites like it used for manipulation.

And how is what I posted an example of what I accused Vox of?  You mean the meme fact checked by unbias fact checking website Snopes as mostly true?

Snopes gave it a mixture rating.  Not mostly true.

In the analysis they said it was mostly correct factually, (not a fabrication,) but the facts were presented in such away to completely misrepresent the actual situation being discussed.  What you accused Vox of doing.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2019, 05:59:56 pm »

Snopes gave it a mixture rating.  Not mostly true.

In the analysis they said it was mostly correct factually, (not a fabrication,) but the facts were presented in such away to completely misrepresent the actual situation being discussed.  What you accused Vox of doing.
Snopes is left leaning. So if they say mostly correct, it's fully correct.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2019, 08:07:07 pm »

because a president made it his platform .. that's why. Have you not heard him speak ever?
Trump is not a white supremacist.  I've hear him speak a lot, you could call him borderline racist at best.
no .. they should not
You see Nazism as this ultimate evil, yet Communism not?  That is what the majority of those Antifa thugs believe in, that makes it just as bad as being a Nazi.
Do I?  Odd that you say that when I don't. I think guns should be regulated. I think robust rules should be in place.
Excuse me for my assumption then, previous posts led me to believe you were completely against guns.
No this does not. This is just flat out wrong. I don't see anything mentally wrong with the el paso shooter. He bought weapons, he had thought out reasoning that he put in a manifesto. he drove 9-12 hours specifically to go to that location. I don't see mental illness. I see someone that was conditioned and indoctrinated to believe that certain people are inferior and thus worth less. I see someone who was told repeatedly that he was under attack from brown people and he took matters into his own hands.
Mental illness doesn't play here. this was premeditated, it was evil and it was purposeful.
In my opinion, this is a rather rudimentary and anecdotal response to the shooter's personality.  Because he is calculated, doesn't mean he isn't mentally ill.  This was someone hurting from some sort of trauma.  His parents divorced when he was 12 years old, and his dad is a wackadoo, ex drug addict who had claimed to "speak to Jesus":  “Christ greeted me with a smile. He pulled his robe aside again with his right hand to reveal the flaming heart of love and compassion. He addressed me thus: ‘Bryan, you have chosen the Path of the Heart,'” he wrote.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/07/dad-of-accused-el-paso-shooter-is-a-licensed-counselor-who-battled-addiction/

He's also a licensed counselor, I don't think that's too relevant though.  So this kid comes from a broken home, which is what I stated as a reason, and I seriously doubt his father is in the picture being a drug and alcohol addict.  He has a lot of resentment, which leads to anger.  He has a shit role model for a father, so he looks for somewhere to belong.  Supremacy + resentment and anger lead to killing.  He's a psychopath that shows no remorse, that's the very definition of mental illness.  Don't mistake understanding him for sympathy, I'm all for giving this kid the death penalty, but I think it's important to understand how it got to this point instead of blaming it solely on white supremacists.

Again the common denominator is guns. In the UK for example, they have proportionally the same amount of minorities we do, they have the same ratio of mental illness, they have the same ratio of broken homes and abuse and yet their gun deaths are infinitesimally smaller. And the reason is that they don't have the gun addiction we do.
The common denominator in a gun related incident is a gun.  Yes, we understand that, just like all the killers ever across time breathed air.  Then you compare it to a country that banned guns?  We aren't England, we are the U.S.  We have a different culture, and no one should be asked to give up any sort of freedom because the system has flaws in it when one acquires a gun. 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:12:36 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2019, 04:14:57 am »

The point being that if a white person calls out blacks for bad behavior, they are deemed as racists and/or a white supremacist.
I'm not sure how you can reference groups of blacks in successive posts and not see this, but let's try again:

Calling out specific, named people who exist (and happen to be black) for bad behavior is not racist.
Calling out a race of people for bad behavior (e.g. the multiple times on this board you have cited statistics "proving" that blacks are more violent) IS racist.  It's textbook racism.

It is not some sort of amazing development in social science to recite a bunch of statistics "proving" that other races are inferior; 19th century white supremacists already mastered this.  So every time someone think they are being a race realist by citing some study that shows that blacks have lower IQ, they are simply furthering white supremacism.  The white supremacists who write books like The Bell Curve never seem to get around to doing studies examining the impact of eye color on IQ... because they don't care about eye color.  They care about skin color.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray