Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:16:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Florida takes action against squatters
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Florida takes action against squatters  (Read 790 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 20, 2024, 06:18:07 pm »

How on Earth people are allowed to something so horrible legally is beyond comprehension.

But Florida, which will never surrender to the woke mob, has passed legislation to allow authorities to remove these people right away.

If Florida could implement universal health care for it's residents, I'd move down there in two seconds.

Ron Desantis will be in the White House one day, if he continues to run

One lady went on vacation in Arizona and came back and found 12 gang members living in her home.  She called the police and they told her they could not do anything about it.

If you voted for Biden you are responsible for this.

You are just as guilty as the gang members.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/06/news/squatters-take-over-1200-homes-in-atlanta-terrorize-neighbors/

« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:20:25 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 05:37:25 am »

If you do move to Florida make sure if you rent an apartment you get you lease notarized.  Under this law anyone whose lease is not notarized is a squatter.  

Almost no lease is ever notarized, so not only will this combat squatters it will allow almost every landlord to immediately evict almost any tenant without going through an eviction process.  

Not surprising that Florida would solve this “problem” while ignoring the core societal issue that some people are homeless while others have multiple homes. 

Society has many problems very far down on the list for me is concern about the property rights of people who have multiple homes that they leave vacant for extended periods of time being infringed upon by people who would be otherwise homeless.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 10:30:02 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 10:42:20 am »

All I hear is Florida sucks because they don't allow people to take what is not theirs and people who are lazy think that it is bad. hahhaa

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 10:59:35 am »

As usual, people don't understand the implications of laws like this.  They only think of homeless people that have illegally broken into a residence and are doing meth inside.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 11:07:13 am »

^^^^^ Dave, are you saying the meth is the only issue here because Hoodie is saying homeless should be able to take over your house if it's open before the new renters move in. This doesn't even account when the house is up for sale but they can't sell it because of squatters.

Society has many problems very far down on the list for me is concern about the property rights of people who have multiple homes that they leave vacant for extended periods of time being infringed upon by people who would be otherwise homeless.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 11:11:14 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 11:09:56 am »

Considering illegals are being encouraged to take over people's homes it is a very immediate problem in Florida and elsewhere

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13222453/moment-tiktokker-illegal-immigrants-invade-american-homes-invoke-squatter-rights.html

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 11:15:52 am »

^^^^^ Dave, are you saying the meth is the only issue here because Hoodie is saying homeless should be able to take over your house if it's open before the new renters move in. This doesn't even account when the house is up for sale but they can't sell it because of squatters.

No, I'm saying that meth is not the only issue.

Squatter is a loose term that can apply to someone living in a place, perhaps unlawfully, but not necessarily illegally...like a friend or an ex or someone who rented but is in a current dispute with the landlord or whatever.  There are legal protections where you can't just throw someone out who lives somewhere or lock them out of their place.  You are a squatter at that point, as in you don't have permission to live there.

This just happened to my nephew.  He lived on a property owned by his gilfriend's stepdad, who was his employer.   There was a work dispute.  The guy changed the locks and there was no lease.

You can't do that.   He was locked from his things and had nowhere to go.  Yet, he was a squatter without a legal claim to the property.

---

Yet in cases like this, the only people talked about are crackheads who snuck into an open window in the Hamptons, when in real, actual life, there are reasons for these protections.  It's not because I want hooligans just living in your house when you go on vacation.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 11:19:20 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 02:00:16 pm »

If that is all there is to the story then that sucks for your nephew but he is in a small fraction of people who would be caught up in this.I haven't read the bill but the vast majority of squatters are deadbeat. I know people on both sides of the situation.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 02:51:29 pm »

It sounds like your “vast majority” is just something you’re saying.  Do you have any info to support that claim?

Also, what’s the difference?  We have laws to protect everyone.  Some people being scumbags doesn’t remove rights for the rest of us.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2024, 03:35:20 pm »

It sounds like your “vast majority” is just something you’re saying.  Do you have any info to support that claim?

Also, what’s the difference?  We have laws to protect everyone.  Some people being scumbags doesn’t remove rights for the rest of us.
There are stories all the time about homeless taking over houses and the property owners can't get them out. This also happens to rich people who have great attorneys. It's so bad that even states like California and New York are trying to pass "Squatting" laws.

I don't get it but if they move into your vacant home and change the locks it takes months and sometimes years to be able to forcibly remove them.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2024, 04:12:42 pm »

This bill not only addresses “squaters” but weakens the little rights that tenants already have. 

If you have multiple resistances when others have none, you are part of the problem.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2024, 11:03:47 pm »

There are stories all the time about homeless taking over houses and the property owners can't get them out.

Again, is this based on anything other than "there are stories"?

I gave you a concrete example of a regular person that I personally know that was recently protected by "squatter's rights" because his employer/friend gave him housing and decided on an angry whim to rescind it and leave him without options.  This is recent.  It happened just recently and luckily, my family structure is strong enough where we can pick up the pieces, but otherwise, my nephew would've been screwed.

Never in my life have I ever actually known someone in real life where they had people (particularly illegal immigrants) living in their home that they couldn't remove in a reasonable manner.  I've been alive 46 years and I've never heard of it happening to anyone I know even once.  I know wealthy people.  I know people who own multiple residences.  I know people who live in all different parts of the country.  I've never even heard one story.  I just can't imagine this is that prevalent of a problem.

I don't doubt that this is occurring somewhere to someone, but is it such a problem that you are hearing stories about it all the time that it is of real concern?  Or is this just another fake outrage in a long line of fake outrages designed to get you angry about something that really doesn't matter?

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2024, 09:19:39 am »

it sounds to me like "reefer madness" but for housing instead of pot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2024, 01:12:19 pm »

If you have multiple resistances when others have none, you are part of the problem.
Believe it or not but I do try and see both sides of an argument regardless of if I agree or not. I understand where Dave is coming from as a renter's rights but for the life of me do not understand people thinking they deserve someone else's stuff because they have decided said person has too much. The only thing I can compare it to is a thief's mindset or a Hippie commune where everyone is drugged up so they only think sex and love matter and that stuff is for everyone. People should get what they earn and if they want to give some of that away then so be it. If they don't then that's fine too.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2024, 02:00:40 pm »

Believe it or not but I do try and see both sides of an argument regardless of if I agree or not. I understand where Dave is coming from as a renter's rights but for the life of me do not understand people thinking they deserve someone else's stuff because they have decided said person has too much. The only thing I can compare it to is a thief's mindset or a Hippie commune where everyone is drugged up so they only think sex and love matter and that stuff is for everyone. People should get what they earn and if they want to give some of that away then so be it. If they don't then that's fine too.

You don’t understand the mindset of increasing the equitable distribution of wealth?  It has been promoted by many including Jesus, Ghandi, Marx, FDR, LBJ, and Warren Buffet among others.

The core problem that creates the “squatter” condition is a lack of affordable housing.  The fact that there is so many dwelling sitting vacant, contributes to the lack of affordable housing.

I fundamentally don’t have a problem with stealing necessities of survival from those with abundance.  A hungry person shopping lifting food is a crime but not morally wrong. Nor is a parent shoplifting cough syrup for a sick child.  Likewise a homeless person taking shelter in an unoccupied building is illegal but not immoral.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray