Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:27:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tebow gets Arena League offer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Tebow gets Arena League offer  (Read 11688 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 05:27:13 pm »

If you're an owner, sure.  Because you aren't going to be fired when the talking heads are screaming that you don't know what you're doing by keeping Tebow on the bench.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2013, 09:15:08 pm »

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9184298/tim-tebow-instructor-criticizes-mark-sanchez-new-york-jets

Everything isn't nice-nice in NY these days! Tebow's private coach is taking shots at Sanchez. Sanchez's private coach is taking shots at Tebow. lol
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/31/report-tebows-camp-is-privately-admitting-hes-done-in-the-nfl/

Looks like his NFL career is over
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 05:24:39 pm »

This is the first time I've heard issues with knowing the playbook and other issues. Seems like the Bronco's thought there was more wrong with Tebow then just the fact that he wasn't an accurate QB.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Landshark
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 06:17:30 pm »

This is the first time I've heard issues with knowing the playbook and other issues. Seems like the Bronco's thought there was more wrong with Tebow then just the fact that he wasn't an accurate QB.

This is proof the Broncos won in spite of Tebow, not because of him.  But I still remember a certain someone having a man crush on Tebow because of that playoff game:

Easy- the Jets were 2 games better than Miami last year and they made a solid move to fix their worst offensive problem.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  My nose is burning!!!!!  I was drinking my coffee this morning and when I read this, I laughed so hard it came right out of my nose!!!!

Tim Tebow is a "solid move" to fix the Jets worst offensive problem??  There's delusion and then there's statements like this. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:07:55 pm by Landshark » Logged
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 08:04:19 pm »

Neither did I. I have been reading the reports about the pared down playbook just for him.
Landshark
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2013, 05:12:01 pm »

Tim Tebow just signed with New England according to B/R.  Maybe he can teach Tom Brady to be a Godly dad.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 06:00:22 pm »

He won't be the QB, but he stays in the league.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 06:02:19 pm »

If any team can use Tebow properly and make him realize he's not a QB, its New England.  I'm telling you, the league will start saying things like "why didn't any other team think of this?"
Landshark
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 06:19:06 pm »

If any team can use Tebow properly and make him realize he's not a QB, its New England.  I'm telling you, the league will start saying things like "why didn't any other team think of this?"

I'm sure Aaron Hernandez is thrilled to have him there.  Tebow is athletic enough to be a tight end option if Gronk can't go.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 06:31:22 pm »

The headline in Hell today:  Hooded Devil Hooks Godly Man

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 07:01:37 pm »

If he makes the team I will be surprised!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:47 pm »

He won't be the QB, but he stays in the league.

According to NFL.com and NFL Network Tebow was signed to play QB in New England. Since I don't see him beating out Brady or Mallet I stick to my stance he won't make the final roster. Just a training camp arm

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots/0ap2000000210617/New-England-Patriots-to-sign-Tim-Tebow?campaign=Facebook_nfln_videos
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2013, 09:22:14 pm »

Another team did think of this.  The Jets.  Problem the Jets had was Sanchez sucked so it became an issue.  Tebow could have also signed with NO, GB etc without an issue. 

According to NFL.com and NFL Network Tebow was signed to play QB in New England. Since I don't see him beating out Brady or Mallet I stick to my stance he won't make the final roster. Just a training camp arm

Who care what he is listed as.  He doesn't have to beat out Mallet, he needs to beat out the bottom of the roster, TE, STer, FB. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2013, 09:31:40 pm »

Who care what he is listed as.  He doesn't have to beat out Mallet, he needs to beat out the bottom of the roster, TE, STer, FB. 

Didn't work out so well when the Jets lined him up wide last year and had him go out for passes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmBOLCuMua8

Tebow is cutting weight this offseason, not what he needs to do to play TE or Fullback. Now he gonna reverse course and add weight!? Don't think so. You just don't "switch positions" to TE or FB on the NFL level with zero experience at those positions. He is a training camp QB who will be lucky to make the team or even make it to training camp.

Pats have a history of signing "big name Vets" and cutting them in short order. They kick the tires on guys to see if anything is there. If Tebow makes the 53 man roster I would be very surprised.

Pats lose Welker and add Tebow. I like the offseason they are having!  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray