Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:18:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Give me Herbert over Tua.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Give me Herbert over Tua.  (Read 39754 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2020, 09:54:56 am »

Today's rumor ... Rosen really improved and the Dolphins will likely hang on to him. Translation ... How much will you give us for Rosen? hahahahaha

People keep talking picks but I could see them trading picks and Rosen in order to move up.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2020, 10:13:10 am »

Rosen is only 22 and has gone through a lot of transition as a player so far in terms of schemes and coaching. So, he definitely has value but we aren't getting a 2nd for him. He can be used in a package deal like you said or a stand alone value of a 5th rounder. Maybe 4th if a team has a QB emergency.

Pulling the plug so quickly on him and not returning to him later in the year leads me to believe the team has no faith in him so maybe it is best we move on right now.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2020, 12:42:37 pm »

The most interesting aspect of the whole QB draft is how everyone seems to be talking Joe Burrow out of allowing Cincy to draft him. Here's some info from a few different articles

(1) former Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer said the team isn’t committed to winning; (2) Burrow hired Carson Palmer’s brother, Jordan, to help prepare Burrow for the draft; and (3) Burrow revised his position from “I’ll play for whoever wants to pay me to play” to “I want to play for a team that is committed to winning.”

And considering what Carson was willing to say in public, it’s easy to imagine the stories Burrow might have heard in private.

Steve Bartkowski has a clear message for the Burrow family: Steer clear of Cincinnati at all costs.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2020, 01:05:26 pm »

I'm sure that nobody wants to go to Cincinnati, but he has no say in the matter. Besides, the price to acquire that #1 pick is every 1st rounder we have this year and maybe more. If it was our #5 and #18 pick plus a 2nd, then you really think about it but the Bengals would have to be just the worst franchise ever to do that.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2020, 01:08:55 pm »

I'm sure that nobody wants to go to Cincinnati, but he has no say in the matter. Besides, the price to acquire that #1 pick is every 1st rounder we have this year and maybe more. If it was our #5 and #18 pick plus a 2nd, then you really think about it but the Bengals would have to be just the worst franchise ever to do that.
It's not unheard of. Two players have forced their way out of playing for the #1 pick ... John Elway and Eli Manning. Both are HOF players so it appears they may have made the right choice. Andrew Luck, who ironically went to the team Elway wouldn't, did not make that choice and is no longer playing.

BTW ... there's no way we give up all 3 first round picks. That's way too much compensation
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:16:24 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2020, 02:08:00 pm »

It's not unheard of. Two players have forced their way out of playing for the #1 pick ... John Elway and Eli Manning. Both are HOF players so it appears they may have made the right choice. Andrew Luck, who ironically went to the team Elway wouldn't, did not make that choice and is no longer playing.

BTW ... there's no way we give up all 3 first round picks. That's way too much compensation

Elway threatened to play baseball if he wasn't drafted by a team he wanted and Eli just pouted a lot. Yes, he made a huge deal out of it and it wasn't pleasant for San Diego but if push came to shove he would've been a Charger and that's that. Same with Burrows, if Cincy takes him, what is he going to do? Sit out a whole year? The Bengals suck and would be without their 2020 1st rounder, so good chance they pick him again.

We should absolutely not give up our 3 1st rounders but looking at the packages for Goff and Wentz, it's not crazy that some team will. It's just more likely to happen before the draft than after it when rosters are getting closer to being set.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2020, 03:32:28 pm »

We should absolutely not give up our 3 1st rounders but looking at the packages for Goff and Wentz, it's not crazy that some team will. It's just more likely to happen before the draft than after it when rosters are getting closer to being set.
Rams were picking 15th while we are picking 5th. Huge difference to start with. The Rams traded six picks in total to the Tennessee Titans, including two first-round picks, two second-rounders, and two third-round selections. We have 5 first round picks in the next two years and I think 4 second rounders over the next two drafts so I really don't see them giving up all 3 of this year's first round picks. Especially if Burrow makes it known he doesn't want to be there. That only makes it easier for us ... or someone else to step up.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2020, 03:38:41 pm »

Lots of professionals think its a foregone conclusion that eventually Eli is a HOFer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098575/article/will-eli-manning-be-inducted-in-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2020, 03:52:02 pm »

Rams were picking 15th while we are picking 5th. Huge difference to start with. The Rams traded six picks in total to the Tennessee Titans, including two first-round picks, two second-rounders, and two third-round selections. We have 5 first round picks in the next two years and I think 4 second rounders over the next two drafts so I really don't see them giving up all 3 of this year's first round picks. Especially if Burrow makes it known he doesn't want to be there. That only makes it easier for us ... or someone else to step up.

Yes, the fact that we pick 5th can be very enticing for them but it will still be hard for them to give up Burrow, no matter how much he complains. Plus, what guarantee do they have that Tua will be there at 5 if they still want a franchise QB? Might be a trade that goes down on Draft Day if it happens at all.

Give them the Texans pick this year but keep the one for next year since they will probably be a lot worse in 2020.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2020, 04:11:49 pm »

It's just dangerous to trade up with the Lions until the Redskins pick. You don't want to have the Redskins take Tua themselves or trade their pick for a team who wants Tua and know you just threw away an extra 1st rounder for nothing.
If you wait until Draft Day and WSH takes Tua, DET isn't trading their pick.  That's the whole point of trading now.

You trade with DET if you want to ensure that you get one of the three elite players in this draft.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2020, 12:28:00 am »

Note: I split off the Eli HOF discussion and moved it to Around the NFL.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2020, 08:50:35 am »

If you wait until Draft Day and WSH takes Tua, DET isn't trading their pick.  That's the whole point of trading now.

You trade with DET if you want to ensure that you get one of the three elite players in this draft.

I understand your logic but the price goes up on Draft Day and Detroit knows that, so they wouldn't trade now for anything less than a monster package. Minimum 2 1st rounders from us. Besides, even if we pull the trigger the fanbase would revolt if we ended up with Chase Young. He is a beast but you don't trade multiple 1st rounders for anyone but a franchise QB.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2020, 09:09:31 am »

I understand your logic but the price goes up on Draft Day and Detroit knows that, so they wouldn't trade now for anything less than a monster package. Minimum 2 1st rounders from us. Besides, even if we pull the trigger the fanbase would revolt if we ended up with Chase Young. He is a beast but you don't trade multiple 1st rounders for anyone but a franchise QB.
I don't know about revolt, he's the best player in the draft.  It would be a heated discussion with fans though.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2020, 04:11:22 am »

Well, the window for trading up to 3 for 5+39 has likely already closed.  It probably would take two firsts now.

However, if adding one of the picks from the Tunsil trade allows MIA to land a) a franchise QB or b) the best player in the draft (at a key position), I'd say that salvages some small bit of a wasted season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if MIA doesn't get Tua (or Burrow, I guess) then this season was the most pathetic and incompetent tank job in memory.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2020, 07:54:58 am »

Well, the window for trading up to 3 for 5+39 has likely already closed.  It probably would take two firsts now.

However, if adding one of the picks from the Tunsil trade allows MIA to land a) a franchise QB or b) the best player in the draft (at a key position), I'd say that salvages some small bit of a wasted season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if MIA doesn't get Tua (or Burrow, I guess) then this season was the most pathetic and incompetent tank job in memory.
Because strong teams can't succeed without an elite QB, which is what people think Tua and Burrows could be.  The Titans, 49ers, Bills and Vikings all made the playoffs this year without an elite QB.  If we don't get the QB of the future this draft, we stack up the team and draft one next year, that doesn't mean the tank job was pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray