Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 09:09:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dansby is an idiot!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dansby is an idiot!  (Read 4040 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« on: May 26, 2012, 05:02:08 pm »

This is the second time Dansby has said something assanine to the media. After proclaiming himself the best linebacker in the NFL last season (laughable) he has now stated the following: ""As a team, I'm expecting us to win the AFC, period. Point blank." Not a wild card; not even the division; the whole AFC and going to the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, Vegas thinks they'll be lucky to win more than 7 games. If Ross or Marshall says something insane like this, they're crucified- and so should Dansby be. Shut up and play. Win more than 6 or seven games, make a Pro Bowl in Miami and maybe you can tell everyone how great you are. Otherwise, it's freaking idiotic. -EK
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 05:26:17 pm »

Year after year it seems we have to clarify these type comments.  The guy has high expectations; that is all he is trying to say.  He believes in his team and his coaches; there is nothing wrong with that.

I am aware of the article this is in and when I read it I wasn't bothered by it one bit.  I think it was with the Sun Sentinel.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 06:01:12 pm »

They're not high- they're unrealistic. Best LB in the league? Super Bowl bound? Why does Dansby get a free pass? Would TO? Ochocinco? I used to have coach who would tell us, "Don't tell me about the labor pains, show me the baby!" Same applies here. -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 06:09:07 pm »

Year after year it seems we have to clarify these type comments.  The guy has high expectations; that is all he is trying to say.  He believes in his team and his coaches; there is nothing wrong with that.

I am aware of the article this is in and when I read it I wasn't bothered by it one bit.  I think it was with the Sun Sentinel.

I agree Doc, it isn't a big deal. What do you want Dansby to say? My team sucks and I expect to come in last place. LOL

He didn't go all Joe Namath and "guarantee" it or predict it. He says he expects it from his team. Not a big deal at all. I wish we had more players with his attitude frankly.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 06:21:28 pm »

What do you want Dansby to say?

NOTHING. I want him to PLAY at the level he thinks he's at and stop telling everyone how good he is or how good the team is. When Ross said the team was SuperBowl bound or that Henne would be the next Marino, he was just massacred by the lunacy of these statements. I don't get how Dansby gets a free pass when he says similar things. It's arguable that he's even the best linebacker on his own team- he didn't impress me that much more than Burnett. But he's supposed to be better than every other LB in football? And going to the Super Bowl? Really? When your team won 6 games last year and are projected to win 7.5 this year? All I'm asking for is some consistancy- the same people who said Ross should shut up now believe it's great that Dansby is saying the same stuff? How's that work? -EK
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »

As I team, I'm expecting us to win the AFC, period. Point blank," Dansby told the Sun Sentinel at the team's FinsWeekend Fishing Tournament last weekend. "We've got the talent. We have the coaching. We've just got to put it all together. It's going to come down to us as players going out and excelling and making sure we do everything we possibly can to win every game.

"It's going to be a challenge, no doubt. But that's what you live for. You live for opportunities to have those challenges and we've got the opportunity of a lifetime here in Miami and we've got to take full advantage of it."

If the NFL season was to start tomorrow, Dansby would be ready.

"Physically and mentally I'm there," he said. "I'm sharp right now, man. I'm on point, I'm focused. I just can't wait. I just can't wait for the opportunity that I'm going to have this season."

Such a wild quote to give in MAY  Roll Eyes  Give me a break. There is a reason why this story didn't make headlines.....because its a non-story and a nothing quote/comment he gave
Landshark
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 07:15:10 pm »

He could be trying to pump his team up for OTA's.  It's May and hard to concentrate when training camp is a little ways away.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 08:47:14 pm »

Yeah, all he said is what I want to hear from any Dolphin player.  Good on 'em.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 11:21:28 pm »

Replace Dansby with Rex Ryan (Oh wait that's happened) or anyone else despised by the massess and he's an idiot. EKnight is right.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 12:51:27 am »

Replace Dansby with Rex Ryan (Oh wait that's happened) or anyone else despised by the massess and he's an idiot.

Did you read the whole quote? Instead of just the part of one sentence taken out of context?
"It's going to be a challenge, no doubt. But that's what you live for. You live for opportunities to have those challenges and we've got the opportunity of a lifetime here in Miami and we've got to take full advantage of it."

"We've got the talent. We have the coaching. We've just got to put it all together. It's going to come down to us as players going out and excelling and making sure we do everything we possibly can to win every game.

Nothing like Rex Ryan, Brandon Marshall, or Stephen Ross or anyone else who says stupid stuff. Because what Dansby said wasn't stupid!!!! Not even close!  When Ross speaks he is an owner and is talking about stuff he doesn't know (like saying Chad Henne is the next Marino, every new coach is the next Shula, and saying Matt Moore is our starting QB when the head coach he just hired is telling people its an open competition)....Ross is speaking out of his ass about stuff he has no clue about and acting like a jackass trying to hire a head coach when he has a head coach. That's why he has no respect and is ripped in the media!  Rex Ryan just predicts and guarantees championships every year and then comes up short and looks like a fool. He is the boy who cried wolf and lets his fat mouth write checks his ass can't cash. Brandon Marshall badmouths his coaches (like he did in the Sporting News interview last year) and throws his QB's/Teammates under the bus in the press at all times including LIVE TV like at the Pro Bowl, and punches teammates in the lockerroom and shows up to practice in pajama pants and disrupts practices (as he did in Denver) and is always getting arrested for domestic violence among other things................all of those things aren't on anywhere near the level of Karlos Dansby saying words to the effect of ...."I think it will be a challenge but we have a good team in Miami and can win the AFC if we pull it all together."

There is a reason unlike Ross, Rex, and Marshall THIS QUOTE BY DANSBY has gotten no headlines anywhere (not even in Miami) and made no news. Because its non-news! There are players on the Colts, Rams, and 30 other teams saying the exact same thing right now.  It's just "player speak." Dansby didn't badmouth anyone on his team or another team. He didn't "guarantee" or "predict" anything. He esentially said he expects the team he plays for to do well this year and win because they have good players and coaching and they got to put it all together. It will be a challenge but they are up for it. DAMN HIM! He is the devil  Roll Eyes How dare he say nice things about his coaches and players and that his team has the opportunity to win  Roll Eyes

Give me a break with this "FAKE OUTRAGE" over a nothing quote.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 01:01:13 am »

Wow, it really must be May..this is such a non story.

My suggestion, check out the "other sports" thread.  Maybe follow another sport, this way you don't shoot your load over every completely erroneous "football" story that comes out prior to August.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 03:10:03 am »

I don't see what the big deal is either.  If I'm a player, and the season hasn't started yet, I'm thinking Superbowl.  It's always THE goal. 

A star player on one of the better defenses in football should have this attitude.  I hope it spreads to the rest of the team.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Fins4ever
Uber Member

Dan the Dolphin

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 12:34:29 pm »

I am glad to hear Mr. Dansby is so optimistic, but prefer those comments be made in the locker room without the media. Personally, I am waiting to see how Philbin handles his players in talking to the mdia. My philosophy is the less the better.   

To lack vision is worse than being blind - Helen Keller
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 02:56:38 pm »

I don't see what the big deal is either.  If I'm a player, and the season hasn't started yet, I'm thinking Superbowl.  It's always THE goal. 

A star player on one of the better defenses in football should have this attitude.  I hope it spreads to the rest of the team.

Thinking it is one thing but making a prediction when you won 6 games the previous year is another. I just don't get the love for Miami's D- what you call one of the better defenses. They were middle of the pack at best. Yeah they ranked 3rd in run D, but who cares? It's a passing league. They can stop something that no one does? Big deal. Against the pass they were 25th. And they may have been 6th in points allowed, but they were in the bottom 5 in points allowed in the fourth quarter. That's not a defense that needs its players predicting SuperBowl. It's a defense that needs its players working hard and not saying anything. How would you feel if Moore had said he was the best QB in the entire NFL last year the way Dansby spoke of himself, and predicted SuperBowl this year? I mean, honestly, Dansby is a nice player- but he's not NEARLY as good as he thinks he is. Eight years in the league and he's had a total of 3 seasons over 100 tackles. His sack production has been nearly non-existant for five years. He thinks he's the best LB in football though? -EK
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 03:10:16 pm »

Dansby is a player and should be expected to have an unrealistically inflated perception of how good he and his teammates are.  If anything, I'm somewhat surprised that Dansby apparently expects to get to the Super Bowl and lose.

Rex Ryan and Stephen Ross are not players, and cannot score a touchdown or catch an interception.  They should keep their mouths shut.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray