Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 07:45:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Next up, Jake Long?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Next up, Jake Long?  (Read 13051 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 05:08:17 pm »

He has no foot speed to pull or play guard in Miami's offense. Miami is a zone blocking offense and Jerry can't play guard.

Everything you just wrote is why Jerry has no business playing TACKLE, silly.  Trust me.  I played tackle in a zone blocking scheme in college. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 05:08:56 pm »

Everything you just wrote is why Jerry has no business playing TACKLE, silly.  Trust me.  I played tackle in a zone blocking scheme in college. 

We will see
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 07:24:44 pm »

Rams have given an offer to Jake Long, its higher than Miami's. Fins deciding on whether to match or not
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 07:52:15 pm »

Rams giving Jake a physical and want him to sign tonight. Jake wants to give Miami a chance to match. Sounds like Jake really doesn't want to leave
Landshark
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 10:10:20 pm »

Rams giving Jake a physical and want him to sign tonight. Jake wants to give Miami a chance to match. Sounds like Jake really doesn't want to leave

Who would want to live in St. Louis?  It's colder than a witch's tits in St. Louis in January.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 10:18:38 pm »

Who would want to live in St. Louis?  It's colder than a witch's tits in St. Louis in January.

More $$$$$$$$$$$. Buy more heaters!
Landshark
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2013, 10:32:52 pm »

More $$$$$$$$$$$. Buy more heaters!

Missouri also has a state income tax.  Florida doesn't.  So it's a question of how much more money.  Still, if the Dolphins want to get younger and cheaper, bringing back Jake Long is not the way to do it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:07 pm »

Missouri also has a state income tax.  Florida doesn't.  So it's a question of how much more money.  Still, if the Dolphins want to get younger and cheaper, bringing back Jake Long is not the way to do it.

Cost of living in Miami is WAY WAY higher than St.Louis...it all equals out in the end.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2013, 11:40:04 pm »

Cost of living in Miami is WAY WAY higher than St.Louis...it all equals out in the end.

That's because Miami is amazing and St. Louis is.......not Miami.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 09:34:33 am »

^^^ Parts are amazing, some of it is rather trashy.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 05:57:37 pm »

Jake's wife just tweeted they like St.Louis but aren't selling their house in Miami yet!

LOL LOL.....read into that what you will
Landshark
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 06:03:07 pm »

Jake's wife just tweeted they like St.Louis but aren't selling their house in Miami yet!

LOL LOL.....read into that what you will

I said this in another thread.  If they want to bring Jake Long back, they need to give him a heavily backloaded contract.  That way if he has another season like the last one, they can cut him loose and not be on the hook for a huge wad of cash.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 06:03:35 pm »

This is turning very interesting.....
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »

I said this in another thread.  If they want to bring Jake Long back, they need to give him a heavily backloaded contract.  That

He won't accept that! Why would he? He would be an idiot and his agent would never have another client ever!

Don't forget, Long's agents live in St.Louis!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 06:59:59 pm »

Apparently the Rams are getting COLD FEET over Jake's injuries. Duh!!

That and the fact no other team except for them has even contacted Jake! That should raise a red flag!

Jake might end up back in Miami at a real low number. Jake and his agent screwed up this free agency. If the Rams bail then Ireland can come back and lower his offer! Take it or leave it cause there aren't any other teams knocking down Jake's door!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray