Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:08:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I guess there's no censors....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I guess there's no censors....  (Read 1727 times)
bsfins
« on: February 02, 2006, 04:02:43 pm »

I'm listening to the NFL network,they are doing all the superbowl press conferences.Earlier they had Aaron Neville,Aretha Franklin,Joss stone,Stevie Wonder conference...They just had the Rolling stones conference,They asked about performing on network T.V. Mick replied..."The Networks are worried,about How many times I say F#$ck." in the background you hear Once...

The NFL network didn't beep it,nothing...I guess they got caught with their pants down.

It was aa pretty good moment....
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 05:19:37 pm »

The NFL Network isn't on terrestrial television.  ...it's only cable or satellite, therefore, it is self-censoring.  They are free to say "fuck" all they want.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 05:21:41 pm »

Is that true?  So the same goes for any cable, or non-rabbit-ears-antenna-recievable channel?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 05:24:29 pm »

Unless there are specific deals with the cable or satellite provider, yes.

That's why comedy central can play the South Park movie, unedited.  That would never fly on NBC or something that was available without subscription.  The FCC has no power over paid TV (cable, satellite) or radio (XM, Sirius).

Comedy Central may have some deal with Adelphia as far as what they can play at certain hours, but in terms of government control, there is none, as far as I know.

I drink your milkshake!
bsfins
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 05:58:42 pm »

I just thought it funny,They typically sensor the press conferences and are pretty good about catching it...If a coach goes off,they typically have it beeped...Trying to keep with the "Family" friendly ethics...

I guess that's why I thought it was funny...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 07:18:53 pm by Lil B » Logged
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 06:56:49 pm »

Dave is right, it is self-policing. Comedy Central usually won't play the uncensored stuff (South Park movie, Dave Chapelle stand up uncensored, etc.) until after 1am ET, because they figure most kiddies are in bed by then (even on the west coast).

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray