Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:25:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: I think we can already pencil in the AFC championship game  (Read 14861 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2019, 10:56:41 am »

I think the Titans have a shot at the AFC title game. 

Smiley

Titans have a tough schedule coming up, if they can win enough down the  stretch  to make the playoffs (unlikely) then they will be dangerous in the playoffs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2019, 01:12:27 pm »

Brad nailed it...9 of my top-10 drunken moments were in Europe during my two tours in the Army. Single drunkest moment...the lighting of the castle ceremony in Augsburg Germany in 1986. Not sure how many beers and bottles of Apfelkorn (apple schnapps) I drank that night, but I woke up on the grass in front of the castle the next morning with a wicked shiner and missing my left shoe.

Good times...   Grin

If I had to pick just one person from here to sit down and exchange stories and drink beer with.............
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2019, 02:21:03 pm »

If I had to pick just one person from here to sit down and exchange stories and drink beer with.............

Next time you make to Boca...let me know. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2019, 03:15:16 pm »

I understand that you posed this question to Spidey-dude, but since the answer is so obvious...

Not once during that game did Kyle Shanahan consider the possibility of a perfect season when calling plays. His goal is always to win that game...until it is impossible to win that game.

I think perhaps you're the one who isn't reading posts...

Are you saying that, if you had a chance to run out the clock and get a tie in overtime that would get you into the playoffs, that you would instead play for a win and risk a loss that would knock you out of the playoffs?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2019, 03:43:19 am »

I understand that you are trying to engineer a scenario under which a tie is a preferable outcome.  However, week 17 hypotheticals are not relevant to this discussion.

For example, if you are a (non-undefeated) team who has clinched a playoff berth and you can neither improve nor worsen your seed, it makes sense not to play your best players for what is essentially an exhibition game.  But that doesn't mean that Kyle Shanahan should be sitting his best players in Week 10.  So while it would make sense in that hypothetical scenario for a coach to literally not care if his team wins, that tells us nothing about the decision making process of the game that took place last week.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2019, 08:47:39 am »

The 49ers took that first step on the three week "Are they for real" gauntlet tour, dominating the Packers 37-8. Next up, a road trip to the seriously scary Baltimore Ravens before visiting the Saints in New Orleans.

Still not back at full strength...could really use Staley and Breida to get our offense up to 100%, but that defense sure looks about as legit as it gets.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2019, 12:18:24 pm »

^^^ SF has thee most difficult schedule going forward.  If they come through this strong, with few injuries, they have to be a SB favorite.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2019, 12:55:52 pm »

^^^ SF has thee most difficult schedule going forward.  If they come through this strong, with few injuries, they have to be a SB favorite.

I think that if they go 3-0 over this gauntlet, they have to be considered THE SB favorite...  Shocked

~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2019, 12:59:37 pm »

I think that if they go 3-0 over this gauntlet, they have to be considered THE SB favorite...  Shocked

Keep in mind you wind up the season in Seattle who beat you at home and is only a game behind you.   They keep pace and that game will be for all the marbles.  Hell, if I was the NFL, I'd flex that game to Sunday night.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2019, 01:22:54 pm »

Keep in mind you wind up the season in Seattle who beat you at home and is only a game behind you.   They keep pace and that game will be for all the marbles.  Hell, if I was the NFL, I'd flex that game to Sunday night.

They beat us with roughly 1/3 of our roster on the injured list. I'm looking forward to the payback. :-)

~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2019, 07:57:48 am »

The 49ers took that first step on the three week "Are they for real" gauntlet tour, dominating the Packers 37-8. Next up, a road trip to the seriously scary Baltimore Ravens before visiting the Saints in New Orleans.

Still not back at full strength...could really use Staley and Breida to get our offense up to 100%, but that defense sure looks about as legit as it gets.

One hell of a turnaround for your 49'ers.  They are a REALLY good team. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2019, 09:44:56 am »

I am pretty sure the AFCCG will be Patriots and Ravens.....lot less certain about the winner.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2019, 06:10:01 pm »

I am pretty sure the AFCCG will be Patriots and Ravens.....lot less certain about the winner.

Your boys need to win out.   Baltimore is only a game behind you and in any tiebreaker, they have the win against you.  I'm sure the Pats will be more difficult to beat in Foxboro than in the Inner Harbor.

raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2019, 04:33:57 pm »

Thanks to Houston, if things stay the way they are, the patriots will have to go through Baltimore.

Of course that means that pats will have to root for Buffalo to beat the Ravens.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2019, 06:27:26 pm »

Your boys need to win out.   Baltimore is only a game behind you and in any tiebreaker, they have the win against you.  I'm sure the Pats will be more difficult to beat in Foxboro than in the Inner Harbor.

I didn’t say where.  I just predicted the two teams.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray