Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:03:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Why is everyone in LOVE with Tannehill?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Why is everyone in LOVE with Tannehill?  (Read 22571 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »

I'm not insinuating that, I'm flat saying it. With no MJD, Miami has more talent on that side of the ball than Jax. You don't honestly believe that Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, and Rashad Jennings are better than Bush, Hartline, and Bess do you?

Phish- I agree, but my point was entirely that- fans have no business dictating who should play or get run out of town. -EK
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:44:51 pm by EKnight » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »

I'm not insinuating that, I'm flat saying it. With no MJD, Miami has more talent on that side of the ball than Jax. You don't honestly believe that Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, and Rashad Jennings are better than Bush, Hartline, and Bess do you?
It's close. Add in Mercedes Lewis and Laurent Robinson who I think could start for Miami, compared to Fasano and Huh and yes I do. With MJD it's not even close. One the BIGGEST issues with Miami is the lack of a pass catching TE.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:29:45 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 04:41:03 pm »

If you left the RB comparison out and just made it Jacksonville's receivers vs Miami's, then Jacksonville would win hands-down. Blackmon and Shorts are head and shoulders better than anyone on Miami's current roster.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »

With MJD you're right. But he's not playing. We agree to disagree on the rest of the talent. They're 2-10 as a team and offensively in the bottom 2 or 3 of almost eery category you can use to measure an offense. They're one of the few teams more inept than Miami offensively. -EK
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:44:25 pm by EKnight » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 04:48:56 pm »

No argument about Jacksonville's ineptitude as a team...but if Miami and Jacksonville swapped receiving corps tomorrow, Miami's offense would improve and the Jags offense would be even more inept. There's no agreeing to disagree that a quarter is worth more than a dime...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 05:25:23 pm »

No argument about Jacksonville's ineptitude as a team...but if Miami and Jacksonville swapped receiving corps tomorrow, Miami's offense would improve and the Jags offense would be even more inept. There's no agreeing to disagree that a quarter is worth more than a dime...

And if their running backs switched teams (you know, the guys who catch a ton of balls, too, in a WCO), Jax's offense would improve and Miami's would be worse. -EK
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 05:39:30 pm »

I think you're making something out of nothing here. It's not illogical to point out that Henne is playing better NOW, and reasonably could be playing at the same level in Miami (with more talent) than he is in Jacksonville. If people can start entire threads dedicated to comparing Hartline to Marshall, one post comparing Henne to Tannehill is not out of bounds. -EK

Henne isn't playing a lot better now.  He was 18-41 for 208 yds, with 1 int and a fumble last week.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 05:40:38 pm »

Blackmon really has not set the world on fire this year. He has some great potential but this year is a real disappointment. Arguing about his current season (minus two games) is silly.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

Henne isn't playing a lot better now.  He was 18-41 for 208 yds, with 1 int and a fumble last week.

This is my point exactly. Tannehill is doing nothing to "be in love" with. Henne isn't playing a lot better, and his numbers yesterday STILL were better than Tannehill's.  

Henne: 18-41 208 2 total TDs, 1 INT, 1 Fumble,
Tannehill: 13-29 186 1 total TD, 0 INTs, 1 Fumble

That's the whole point of this thread. Tannehill hasn't been any better than either of the guys he replaced (Moore/Henne), but some people are ga-ga over him. You can cite all of his "intangibles" and say how he's a leader or whatever, but so far, he's lost more games in the fourth quarter than he's won; he's near the bottom of the league in almost every meaningful stat; EVERY rookie drafted ahead OR behind him has a higher QB rating (even Brandon Weedon, and he's in Cleveland, where NFL players go to have their careers die), but somehow people think he's the future of the team? All year I've said it, and all year this board has berated and villified me for it, saying, "he's a rookie"; "He'll get better." Well, seems like the other rookies got better- even the ones who didn't have their college system handed to them in the pros- have passed him on the learning curve. The guy just isn't as good as some of you guys want him to be.

Not coincidently, the national media is starting to see the chinks as well:

"Dolphins Notebook: Rookie QB Ryan Tannehill battling accuracy issues"

Dolphins rookie QB Ryan Tannehill won't want a 23-16 loss to the Patriots on Sunday on his personal highlight reel.

Tannehill completed 13 of 29 passes for 186 passes with three sacks and a lost fumble. The eighth overall pick in April's draft did have a nifty 2-yard touchdown run in the third quarter, but it wasn't enough to overcome his numerous erratic throws.

Three misses stick out: Overthrowing a wide-open WR Brian Hartline for a sure touchdown on a fly route, throwing behind RB Reggie Bush on a crossing route for a sure first down and underthrowing Hartline for a huge gain after he easily beat his defender over the top.

Connecting on any of those misfires could have helped change the course of the game."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/21244877/dolphins-notebook-rookie-qb-ryan-tannehill-battling-accuracy-issues
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:54:27 pm by EKnight » Logged
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »

Embrace the future, because this is it.  Support your team, rather than root for failure so you can be "right."

PREACH ON!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 06:17:44 pm »

Personally, I have no patience for fans like that.

Most of those people "aren't" fans! Don't let them fool ya!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 06:19:46 pm »

There's no agreeing to disagree that a quarter is worth more than a dime...

I love that line!  Cheesy
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012, 07:01:03 pm »

Embrace the future, because this is it.  Support your team, rather than root for failure so you can be "right."

PREACH ON!

Yes, PREACH ON. But remember, that's the same silly shit we've been hearing since Marino retired. I root for my team every week, but at this point I'll call it like I see it. If your team is failing and you are blindly supporting the problems, you are rooting for failure. At the end of the day, my opinions of the dolphins has nothing to do with how they actually perform. However, how they perform has everything to do with my opinions.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012, 07:28:07 pm »

Yes, PREACH ON. But remember, that's the same silly shit we've been hearing since Marino retired. I root for my team every week, but at this point I'll call it like I see it. If your team is failing and you are blindly supporting the problems, you are rooting for failure. At the end of the day, my opinions of the dolphins has nothing to do with how they actually perform. However, how they perform has everything to do with my opinions.

The team isn't failing though. The expectations were set low coming into this year based on our talent level and having a rookie head coach and rookie QB, and in the eyes of many reasonable fans/reporters and such the expectations for the season have already been surpassed with 5 wins and a finish of probably 6-7 wins. For what this roster is, that is a "nice season" under a new coaching staff. A good first step!

Nobody is being a blind homer but you must have patience and be level headed about things. Expecting a rookie QB with little help around him to put up numbers equal to Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, and Tom Brady is foolish. Calling a rookie QB a BUST at halftime of his Week 1 game is foolish. Ripping a QB for diving for a first down cause he is trying to win a game is foolish. You can be harsh, critical, and go after players and the team. But be realistic about it and be level headed about things. To rip everything, say everyone sucks, say the entire team sucks is just silly and those posts and people cannot be taken seriously. They are to be laughed at and mocked!

badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 07:45:17 pm »

The team isn't failing though. The expectations were set low coming into this year based on our talent level and having a rookie head coach and rookie QB, and in the eyes of many reasonable fans/reporters and such the expectations for the season have already been surpassed with 5 wins and a finish of probably 6-7 wins. For what this roster is, that is a "nice season" under a new coaching staff. A good first step!

Nobody is being a blind homer but you must have patience and be level headed about things. Expecting a rookie QB with little help around him to put up numbers equal to Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, and Tom Brady is foolish. Calling a rookie QB a BUST at halftime of his Week 1 game is foolish. Ripping a QB for diving for a first down cause he is trying to win a game is foolish. You can be harsh, critical, and go after players and the team. But be realistic about it and be level headed about things. To rip everything, say everyone sucks, say the entire team sucks is just silly and those posts and people cannot be taken seriously. They are to be laughed at and mocked!

I agree with your post up until a point. Like I said, I'm gonna call it like I see it. But to say that someone should be laughed at and mocked is silly. It could be you or me being laughed at and mocked next time for having an opinion. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. Why does everyone care so much what everyone else thinks ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray