Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:34:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I dislike the current NFL draft schedule.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I dislike the current NFL draft schedule.  (Read 671 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: April 24, 2024, 01:59:17 pm »

I have now ample evidence of having it both ways, and I just like the old way better.  Having the first round in prime-time is way worse.  I like the all-weekend draft, like before.  I would be fine with speeding up the picks and I think that has helped.

Prime time draft sucks
I miss the old way.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 03:18:16 pm »

I am a big fan of the draft...in every format. I see benefits from both scheduling set-ups.

Looking forward to some prime time drafting tomorrow...   Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 03:35:35 pm »

I like the fact it moves around instead of being in the same city every year.  Ideally I would like it if the pick overall got to host.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 03:47:26 pm »

They've turned it into such an event it just makes sense for prime time. People love their football these days and can't get enough.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 06:16:20 pm »

It's not so much the prime time part of it, but it's the fact that it's only the first round.  The 2nd round has value, but not in a vacuum, for me.  I'm not likely to tune in separately for the 2nd round, but if it keeps on rolling from the first, I will keep watching.  If they did rounds 1-2 and started it at 7 PM or something, I'd be more in favor of it.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 08:58:37 pm »

I'm fine with it. Bring it on
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 04:53:30 pm »

I don’t normally watch the draft…but I am tuning in to Pat McAfee to hear Bill Belichick.  When he wants to say nothing he says less than nothing.  But when he wants to talk he is fascinating,

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2024, 12:31:40 am »

Like everything else the Billionaire Owners need more money so it's in Prime Time, I just think the picks should be sped up.

What happened to Richmond Webb, I read he was suppose to announce Miami's 1st round pick?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2024, 09:05:18 am »

Like everything else the Billionaire Owners need more money so it's in Prime Time, I just think the picks should be sped up.

What happened to Richmond Webb, I read he was suppose to announce Miami's 1st round pick?
Tonight. They have former players announcing tonight. First rounders all get called by the Comish.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2024, 01:10:04 pm »

Tonight. They have former players announcing tonight. First rounders all get called by the Comish.

You must not have watched very closely last night.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2024, 03:23:43 pm »

No I didn't. I was tracking on my phone while watching other stuff.  Did he not call all of them or at least be out there when they were called?

I see tonight is legends and celebrities. I thought it was just former legendary players.

The NFL announced its roster of legends and celebrities who will be announcing draft selections Friday night, and Richmond Webb officially got the call to do the honors for the Miami Dolphins.

Webb is scheduled to announce the 55th overall selection in Round 2, joining former players like Jamaal Charles (Kansas City), T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Cincinnati) and Haloti Ngata (Baltimore) and celebrites like Ric Flair (Tampa Bay) in announcing Day 2 picks.
https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-legend-richmond-webb-to-announce-second-round-pick

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray