Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:26:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  John Elway Passes Up Great Deal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: John Elway Passes Up Great Deal  (Read 1578 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: February 04, 2016, 10:10:31 am »

Did anyone catch this article on ESPN?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14707017/john-elway-once-passed-chance-big-stake-denver-broncos-nfl

Not sure was he was thinking. This was an awesome deal, especially comparing it to his 'other' investments.

I was thinking about this (buying a sports team) when that lottery reached a billion. I would have totally bought something if I had won  Smiley

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:01:53 am »

I never go to ESPN,as I have a great hatred for them. Grin So thanks for sharing this...

I find it interesting,but that was his last year playing,would the league have allowed ownership stake from a current player?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 11:20:57 am »

I never go to ESPN,as I have a great hatred for them. Grin So thanks for sharing this...

I find it interesting,but that was his last year playing,would the league have allowed ownership stake from a current player?

Wasn't a problem when Jordan did it with the Wizards...all though the NBA and NFL aren't really apples to apples.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:37:38 am »

Wasn't a problem when Jordan did it with the Wizards...all though the NBA and NFL aren't really apples to apples.

Yes it was. The NBA made Jordan sell his stake in the Wizards before he could play.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 11:40:33 am »

Yes it was. The NBA made Jordan sell his stake in the Wizards before he could play.
Oh, I don't remember that.  I stand corrected.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray