|
Title: New Avengers Trailer Post by: VidKid on March 04, 2015, 02:13:00 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Tenshot13 on March 04, 2015, 02:16:40 pm Awesome...I take it that was Vision at the end?
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Sunstroke on March 04, 2015, 02:27:53 pm May cannot get here soon enough...that looks too awesome. Nice little glimpse of Vision there at the end as well. Awesome...I take it that was Vision at the end? Yeah, played by Paul Bettany. Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Dave Gray on March 04, 2015, 03:43:51 pm I really like the look of Quicksilver punching Cap in the face. The fight between Hulk and Hulkbuster Iron Man looks pretty dope, as well.
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Buddhagirl on March 05, 2015, 09:08:13 am I can't wait to see this!
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Dave Gray on March 05, 2015, 10:39:09 am The public has been falling all over James Spader, gushing at his portrayal of Ultron. To this point, I've not felt the same way -- it's just been "whatever". But his delivery of that line about hope at the beginning is delivered with the perfect blend of sarcasm and terror.
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Dolphin-UK on April 24, 2015, 10:27:39 am I'm off to see Avengers in about 3 hours :) Special screening with a bottle of wine!
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Dave Gray on April 24, 2015, 10:57:44 am Cool. Let us know how it is. I've stopped watching commercials. I feel like I know too much about this movie already.
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Dolphin-UK on April 24, 2015, 04:26:47 pm NO SPOILERS
So it's pretty awesome! Not quite how I expected it but then I've made a conscious effort to avoid discovering the plot outside of the trailer. I won't say anything else until people have seen it. Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Buddhagirl on May 06, 2015, 08:53:22 am I went and saw the Avengers last night. I LOVED it, but who was that after the credits? (I'm not a Marvel nerd so I have no idea.)
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Cathal on May 06, 2015, 10:12:25 am I went and saw the Avengers last night. I LOVED it, but who was that after the credits? (I'm not a Marvel nerd so I have no idea.) Thanos. If you saw the Guardians of the Galaxy (fantastic movie), he's the "Mad Titan", pretty much the most powerful guy in the universe (from my limited comic knowledge). He was also in, although briefly, in another Marvel movie but I can't remember which. It's about time he steps into the spotlight, hopefully soon. Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Spider-Dan on May 06, 2015, 11:17:44 am He was at the end of the first Avengers.
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: mecadonzilla on May 06, 2015, 08:04:52 pm The next 2 Avengers movies will be all about Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet, which will hold all of the Infinity Stones and give its wearer near omnipotence. I'm sure Thanos will show up in some part in pretty much every Marvel movie until then.
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Dave Gray on May 06, 2015, 08:27:03 pm I think I liked this movie less than everyone else. I find it so packed with stuff that it's exhausting to even discuss. I still enjoyed the movie, but felt the action was weightless and fake and the characters and storylines didn't have any room to breathe. Motivations of several Avengers and villains are unclear or under-developed.
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Buddhagirl on May 07, 2015, 07:15:12 pm Thanks, guys. I'm going to have to watch Guardians again. (I don't mind since it's awesome.)
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Sunstroke on May 07, 2015, 08:30:26 pm I am going to go see this in the theater tomorrow...and then immediately watch the most recent Agents of SHIELD that I've held off on, because it references things that happen in the movie. Really looking forward to it! Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Phishfan on May 08, 2015, 09:29:00 am ^^^ If you have a Jones, it really doesn't affect things if you watch AoS. There is really only a passing mention of the Avengers & Ultron, it isn't like it was tied in enough that you need to skip it.
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Dolphin-UK on May 08, 2015, 06:43:06 pm I think I liked this movie less than everyone else. I find it so packed with stuff that it's exhausting to even discuss. I still enjoyed the movie, but felt the action was weightless and fake and the characters and storylines didn't have any room to breathe. Motivations of several Avengers and villains are unclear or under-developed. Right now you've seen it I can agree with your POV Dave, you've captured my thoughts exactly, I found it hard to follow, I'm not really sure what I found difficult about it but it was just akward to me. I enjoyed it don't get me wrong, and I didn't want to give an honest opinion in case it affected your enjoyment of it but now you've seen it, I think I enjoyed the first film more..maybe even GOTG more. Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Spider-Dan on May 08, 2015, 07:21:54 pm There's a LOT of comic book fanservice in AoU. Even I was surprised by it.
Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Sunstroke on May 08, 2015, 11:04:39 pm I enjoyed this Avengers just fine, but can't put it in the same class as the original Avengers, GotG...or even the first Captain America. Still, it definitely gave me my much-needed Marvel fix, and I loved the lead-up to the Infinity Wars. Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Phishfan on May 18, 2015, 08:07:53 pm After watching so many episodes of The Blacklist, I'd get a good laugh if Ultron delivered all of his lines with his mechanical head tilted heavily off to one side. If you watch The Blacklist, you know what I'm talking about. ;D So I went to see the movie on Saturday and I couldn't help but notice and smirk about this. I thought it was a fine movie but I didn't find it special. I wasn't disappointed but it just didn't leave me hyped waiting for another installment. Title: Re: New Avengers Trailer Post by: Sunstroke on May 18, 2015, 10:45:21 pm So I went to see the movie on Saturday and I couldn't help but notice and smirk about this. When Ultron came out at the party for the first time, and his head was tilted heavily to the left when he started talking, I have to admit that I laughed out loud in the theater. |