|
Title: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Dave Gray on June 01, 2017, 10:01:35 am I'll start: I like Nick Saban.
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Tenshot13 on June 01, 2017, 11:25:00 am ^That's not unpopular, it's blasphemy.
I've always liked Jay Fiedler, even if he didn't put up great numbers. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Sunstroke on June 01, 2017, 11:38:45 am I'm still holding out hope that Joe Toledo will turn out to be a good O-lineman... Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: masterfins on June 01, 2017, 11:40:21 am I don't have a big problem with Cam Cameron. They lost a bunch of close games that year, then the following year they won all the close games. The Football Gods can be fickle that way.
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: DaLittle B on June 01, 2017, 11:58:08 am Ughhh...I feel like this should be in the "anti-fins section",and No matter what I say I'm gonna get shredded for it... :-[
- I'm much more pissed/frustrated by Leonte Caroo,than I've ever been with Dion Jordon. - I don't see the "greatness" in Mike Pouncey,he's never healthy,and seems like because he's hardly ever 100% we gets a pass for his mistakes,bad plays. Modified to add this one... - Jake Long over Matt Ryan pick,I don't regret us not taking Matt Ryan,I don't think Matt Ryan would have lasted more than a couple years in Miami. I can't think of any others right at this moment. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Phishfan on June 01, 2017, 01:10:44 pm I get tired of hearing about the perfect season.
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: MyGodWearsAHoodie on June 01, 2017, 02:40:01 pm That if you are a head coach/GM that can't build a championship team around Dan Marino you are not a true great.
That is my opinion, it is about a Dolphins coach and it is very unpopular here. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: CF DolFan on June 01, 2017, 03:26:05 pm Other than Joe Toledo and Dion Jordon ... I can generally agree with all of the other opinions.
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Baba Booey on June 01, 2017, 05:01:59 pm I get tired of hearing about the perfect season. I second that. When that topic comes up I cringe. There is no way to talk about it as a Dolphins fan without coming off looking badly Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: dolphins4life on June 01, 2017, 07:17:48 pm That if you are a head coach/GM that can't build a championship team around Dan Marino you are not a true great. That is my opinion, it is about a Dolphins coach and it is very unpopular here. Well, in fairness to Marino and Shula, they didn't have the advantage of having teams roll over and hand games to them. Before my new direction, my unpopular opinions were 1) You can't compare a quarterback's supporting cast simply by looking at the players. You have to look at the games themselves and see how they played out. 2) You also have to consider that the opponent plays a role in the game. Remember Shula and Marino were going up against those awesome Bills teams of the 1990s. Peyton Manning would often run into opponents playing out of the world in the playoffs (For example, 2005 against the Steelers, or Mike Scifres punting out of this world in 2008). Now, with my new direction, my unpopular opinion is that Jay Fiedler is better than Ryan Tannehill. As for the perfect season, I use it to annoy Patriots fans, when I see that ridiculous GOAT hashtag. My unpopular opinion is Olindo Mare. I still can't get the missed kicks against NE out of my mind. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Baba Booey on June 02, 2017, 05:31:55 am That if you are a head coach/GM that can't build a championship team around Dan Marino you are not a true great. That is my opinion, it is about a Dolphins coach and it is very unpopular here. It's also unfair and laughable. Shula went to 1 SB with Marino. Went to 3 AFC Title Games with Marino. So it's not like he wasn't in big games with him, they just didn't win a Super Bowl. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Sunstroke on June 02, 2017, 09:00:43 am It's also unfair and laughable. Shula went to 1 SB with Marino. Went to 3 AFC Title Games with Marino. So it's not like he wasn't in big games with him, they just didn't win a Super Bowl. Yeah, and the team they had to face in the Super Bowl, the '84 49ers, are considered to be one of the greatest football teams of all time. That was Montana, Craig, Lott, Dwight Clark, et al...It could be argued that they had the top offense and the top defense in the league that season, and had destroyed the two NFC teams they met in the playoffs before getting to Miami (Giants-Bears) by a combined score of 44-10. And, oh yeah, the Super Bowl was played in the 49ers backyard at Stanford. No NFL team would have beaten them in that situation, so there's no way I can use it as a judging criteria against either Marino or Shula in these types of discussions. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: MyGodWearsAHoodie on June 02, 2017, 10:47:23 am Yeah, and the team they had to face in the Super Bowl, the '84 49ers, are considered to be one of the greatest football teams of all time. That was Montana, Craig, Lott, Dwight Clark, et al...It could be argued that they had the top offense and the top defense in the league that season, and had destroyed the two NFC teams they met in the playoffs before getting to Miami (Giants-Bears) by a combined score of 44-10. And, oh yeah, the Super Bowl was played in the 49ers backyard at Stanford. No NFL team would have beaten them in that situation, so there's no way I can use it as a judging criteria against either Marino or Shula in these types of discussions. That is one year. What about the other 14 years they were a combo? The next year they were knocked out of the playoffs by arguably the weakest team to ever make it to the Super Bowl. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: CF DolFan on June 02, 2017, 12:04:27 pm That is one year. What about the other 14 years they were a combo? The next year they were knocked out of the playoffs by arguably the weakest team to ever make it to the Super Bowl. There is little doubt they underachieved with Shula and Marino unless your goal is being .500 or better. Otherwise they never achieved what most people expected. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Baba Booey on June 02, 2017, 02:14:06 pm That is one year. What about the other 14 years they were a combo? The next year they were knocked out of the playoffs by arguably the weakest team to ever make it to the Super Bowl. They were knocked out of the playoffs in the AFC Title Game...lol. I mean it sucked they lost but it isn't like they were knocked out in the wild card round. This knocking of Shula you have is laughable. The guy went to 6 Super Bowls, won 2. Won back to back super bowls. Has a perfect season. The most wins by any head coach ever. How the hell can anyone knock that. Sure it could have been better but jesus christ to say he is overrated or not a true great is a joke. That resume is one of a Top 5 coach ever, ok maybe not #1 overall but its Top 5 for sure Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: DaLittle B on June 02, 2017, 03:21:35 pm I'm fine with Hoodies feelings on Shula.
I get the criticism of Shula for the Marino Era,and in hindsight it's a knock.I feel Shula as a coach his "greatness", wasn't defined by the Marino era,He was already a coaching great because of what he'd already accomplished as Coach of the Baltimore Colts,and the 1970's Miami Dolphins. Just my thought on the Shula... continue with your discussion.... Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Pappy13 on June 02, 2017, 09:24:59 pm Anyone who judges a QB's career based on the fact they never won a superbowl is wrong. They just are. Great QB's don't win SB's, great teams do. That's a fact and it's undeniable. I'll take ANY team in the NFL minus their QB against ANY QB that EVER played football in a game. 21 players will destroy your QB in a game. Your QB will never make a 1st down. Heck he might not ever even touch the ball, I'll just onside kick every time. It's laughable to suggest that the QB alone can will a team to the SB. A QB is NOTHING without a team around him. NOTHING. The 21 other players on the team are 10 times more important then the QB alone. The QB only matters when the other 21 players on both teams are fairly evenly matched. A big disparity in those 21 players CANNOT be made up by the QB. It's a joke. Yet some people still insist they can. They are wrong. I don't care if every man woman and child on the planet disagrees with me, they are wrong. That's my Football unpopular opinion.
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: CF DolFan on June 03, 2017, 08:45:31 am Pappy ... I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. Marino is one of the best to have ever played. Anyone who disputes that is just arguing. I see Marino's failure to reach other Super Bowls as a failure of GM Don Shula. I don't even know that it's a knock on his coaching but he failed to give Marino a running game or a defense. Both of which are much needed.
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: BuccaneerBrad on June 03, 2017, 08:36:54 pm Pappy ... I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. Marino is one of the best to have ever played. Anyone who disputes that is just arguing. I see Marino's failure to reach other Super Bowls as a failure of GM Don Shula. I don't even know that it's a knock on his coaching but he failed to give Marino a running game or a defense. Both of which are much needed. You have to keep in mind that Shula was routinely winning nine or ten games a year, putting him in a lower draft position. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: dolphins4life on June 04, 2017, 12:42:05 am Yeah, and the team they had to face in the Super Bowl, the '84 49ers, are considered to be one of the greatest football teams of all time. That was Montana, Craig, Lott, Dwight Clark, et al...It could be argued that they had the top offense and the top defense in the league that season, and had destroyed the two NFC teams they met in the playoffs before getting to Miami (Giants-Bears) by a combined score of 44-10. And, oh yeah, the Super Bowl was played in the 49ers backyard at Stanford. No NFL team would have beaten them in that situation, so there's no way I can use it as a judging criteria against either Marino or Shula in these types of discussions. This is the kind of statement, that before, my new direction, I think you had to take with a grain of salt. Yes, it is true that that 49ers team in that Super Bowl had great talent. I think they had a quite a few pro bowlers on defense, as well. However, you have to look at the game itself. If you do, you can see that that 49ers team played up to their standards in the game Except for a brain-fart turnover at the end of the first half, the 49ers played almost mistake free-football. Let's make a metaphor to Brady's "loss" in Super Bowl 42 I could say, "Tom Brady pulled off the biggest choke job in the history of the Superbowl (and sorry, but an uncalled holding penalty isn't enough for me to negate a victory). He had Randy Moss, Wes Welker, and the greatest offense in history against a 10-6 team. His defense held the Giants to just seventeen points, but Brady still could not lead his team to victory, despite going 18-0 in the regular season." Anybody who actually watched that game would know that that statement is pure garbage. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: dolphins4life on June 04, 2017, 12:45:23 am Anyone who judges a QB's career based on the fact they never won a superbowl is wrong. They just are. Great QB's don't win SB's, great teams do. That's a fact and it's undeniable. I'll take ANY team in the NFL minus their QB against ANY QB that EVER played football in a game. 21 players will destroy your QB in a game. Your QB will never make a 1st down. Heck he might not ever even touch the ball, I'll just onside kick every time. It's laughable to suggest that the QB alone can will a team to the SB. A QB is NOTHING without a team around him. NOTHING. The 21 other players on the team are 10 times more important then the QB alone. The QB only matters when the other 21 players on both teams are fairly evenly matched. A big disparity in those 21 players CANNOT be made up by the QB. It's a joke. Yet some people still insist they can. They are wrong. I don't care if every man woman and child on the planet disagrees with me, they are wrong. That's my Football unpopular opinion. Agree with most of what you say, however, you miss the two important points 1) Football is a game against another team. What they do counts too. 2) You can't look at who the players are, you have to look at how they actually played in the game. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Phishfan on June 04, 2017, 01:42:40 pm I don't think the logo is that bad
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Tenshot13 on June 04, 2017, 06:37:34 pm I don't think the logo is that bad Good one, I forgot about the logo. I actually like it better than the angry cartoon.Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Spider-Dan on June 04, 2017, 08:08:41 pm On that particular topic:
I think the new logo was a massive upgrade from the last one. That's definitely an unpopular opinion on the Internet. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Dave Gray on June 04, 2017, 08:50:31 pm I have definitely softened on my hatred of the logo, but I still don't like it.
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Thundergod on June 06, 2017, 02:18:46 am I don't like Tannehill.
Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: CF DolFan on June 06, 2017, 10:59:32 am You new logo people disgust me!! :)
Give me the throwbacks any day. The colors alone give me a much better feel. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Downunder Dolphan on June 06, 2017, 09:56:16 pm Wayne Huizenga should be the very first new inductee into the Ring of Dishonor - as far as I am concerned, the rot started when he got majority ownership, taking us from a genuine contender to a has been and at times laughing stock:
He shamefully removed all references to Joe Robbie as though he had nothing to do with our history... He forced Shula into retirement to replace him with Jimmy, then Wanny, Saban, Cam... Brought in Parcels and his bunch of merry wankers to puff up the franchise to eventually sell out to the clueless New Yorker, leading to more years of even further misery. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: DaLittle B on June 07, 2017, 01:06:45 pm You new logo people disgust me!! :) Give me the throwbacks any day. The colors alone give me a much better feel. Apparently enough of us logo haters are being noticed....@schadjoe: Miami Dolphins committed to latest Dolphins logo for now. Key phrase is for now. The organization hears the fans. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Thundergod on June 07, 2017, 04:55:03 pm Wayne Huizenga should be the very first new inductee into the Ring of Dishonor - as far as I am concerned, the rot started when he got majority ownership, taking us from a genuine contender to a has been and at times laughing stock: He shamefully removed all references to Joe Robbie as though he had nothing to do with our history... He forced Shula into retirement to replace him with Jimmy, then Wanny, Saban, Cam... Brought in Parcels and his bunch of merry wankers to puff up the franchise to eventually sell out to the clueless New Yorker, leading to more years of even further misery. Good choice. Man, looking back at it all puts it all into perspective. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Thundergod on June 07, 2017, 04:55:39 pm Apparently enough of us logo haters are being noticed....@schadjoe: Miami Dolphins committed to latest Dolphins logo for now. Key phrase is for now. The organization hears the fans. One step closer. Dear God, yes. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Dolphster on June 08, 2017, 08:47:41 am I have definitely softened on my hatred of the logo, but I still don't like it. Same here. I ranted against the new logo as loudly as anyone when it came out. But it has slowly grown on me. Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Downunder Dolphan on June 19, 2017, 10:12:18 am For some reason when I see see Tannehill, I think our Quarterback looks like Stiffler from the movie American Pie (sometimes with the same scary lack of intelligence).
"Dude, where's the loaded semi-automatic rifle we left in the hire car?" Title: Re: What is your unpopular Dolphins opinion? Post by: Dolphster on June 28, 2017, 08:30:09 am Damn it, now every time I see Tannehill, I'm going to be thinking Stiffler. Thanks a lot. ;)
|