The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums

TDMMC Forums => Dolphins Discussion => Topic started by: Pappy13 on January 24, 2020, 04:25:21 pm



Title: Even Peyton Manning agrees....
Post by: Pappy13 on January 24, 2020, 04:25:21 pm
Marino is the favorite other then family. This is for Hoodie.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/it-s-been-a-heck-of-a-run-peyton-manning-offers-tribute-as-brother-eli-retires-f


Title: Re: Even Peyton Manning agrees....
Post by: MyGodWearsAHoodie on January 24, 2020, 04:34:48 pm
Marino is the favorite other then family. This is for Hoodie.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/it-s-been-a-heck-of-a-run-peyton-manning-offers-tribute-as-brother-eli-retires-f


 I saw that already.  I never said Marina wasn’t entertaining to watch.  But If you want to claim Marino was the greatest QB ever and Shula was the greatest coach ever along with JJ being HoF worthy, I come back to “ why the lack of success? “ I can understand a bad coach holding back a great QB or a phenomenal coach struggling if his QB goes down...

Brady’s tweet about Eli reminded me a lot of his comments when Jason Taylor retired.


Title: Re: Even Peyton Manning agrees....
Post by: Pappy13 on January 24, 2020, 05:45:03 pm
I saw that already.  I never said Marina wasn’t entertaining to watch.  But If you want to claim Marino was the greatest QB ever and Shula was the greatest coach ever along with JJ being HoF worthy, I come back to “ why the lack of success? “
Shula certainly wasn't unsuccessful. His teams won 2 Superbowls and participated in 4 others. JJ wasn't unsuccessful, his teams won 2 Superbowls (3 if you count that one...). Even Marino played in 1 SB and lost to one of the best teams in the history of the NFL not to mention owning most of the records for passing at the time that he retired making him one of the most successful QB's to play up to that point, so I'm not really sure what you're on about. Look we all know what New England has done in the last 2 decades, but if you're going to compare everyone to that standard then I guess there will only ever be 2 people in the hall of fame, Brady and Belichick. Get over yourself already.


Title: Re: Even Peyton Manning agrees....
Post by: Fau Teixeira on January 24, 2020, 05:47:48 pm
I guess there will only ever be 2 people in the hall of fame, Brady and Belichick. Get over yourself already.

and they cheated


Title: Re: Even Peyton Manning agrees....
Post by: Spider-Dan on January 24, 2020, 11:21:19 pm
From that article, Peyton's greatest SB memory:

"I got to play in four Super Bowls, I got to be on the winning side of two, and I think people don't really believe me or are surprised [when I say] my greatest Super Bowl memory is watching my little brother take the New York Giants down the field in a two-minute drill and beat the undefeated Patriots and all that came with that. Maybe I wasn't as happy as the '72 Dolphins, who I promise you were celebrating and they're on record saying that, but I was pretty close."