The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums

TDMMC Forums => Dolphins Discussion => Topic started by: Frimp on September 28, 2026, 10:58:18 am



Title: Achane is done.
Post by: Frimp on September 28, 2026, 10:58:18 am
Torn ACL.

Not that it mattered, but maybe the refs could have called the Chefs player who was trying to twist Achane's head off in that play?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/50052064/sources-dolphins-rb-devon-achane-suffered-torn-acl-vs-chiefs

With the first pick of the 2027 draft...


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Denver2 on September 28, 2026, 12:03:27 pm
Terrible news. Hope he recovers well.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Sibster on September 28, 2026, 12:44:26 pm
Best player out for the season.   Might as well pencil them in for that top draft slot.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Sunstroke on September 30, 2026, 01:24:17 am

Jeremiah Smith, come on down!



Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Downunder Dolphan on September 30, 2026, 06:21:21 am
Horrible news. Achane looked to be a special player who was growing into a genuine leadership role and loving it.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery, while continuing to be a leader from the sidelines.

Nobody thought going in that the running back position was one where we would be caught short, but here we are.

It's time for Wright and Gordon to step up, because this is their best (and possibly last) opportunity for it.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: CF DolFan on September 30, 2026, 09:59:55 am
Jeremiah Smith, come on down!


Does this mean you've given up on Chris Bell and Caleb Douglas? In my opinion we only draft a QB unless Malik Willis proves he is the guy. We would then draft a receiver if Bell and Douglas don't pan out. Third we would need to draft a stud pass rusher but that is only if the other two are working out favorably.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Dave Gray on September 30, 2026, 01:28:44 pm
I don't see how we don't take a QB if we get the first pick.  I just think you need a franchise QB to build around and another team's backup just isn't the place to start a complete rebuild.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Sunstroke on September 30, 2026, 02:09:46 pm
Does this mean you've given up on Chris Bell and Caleb Douglas?

I'd take Manning (or whatever QB you prefer) if QB is the definite call...but I see Jeremiah Smith as a Calvin Johnson-caliber player, and it really wouldn't matter what other WR's they have.



Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Spider-Dan on September 30, 2026, 02:21:40 pm
Jeremiah Smith is the most obvious franchise player WR since Marvin Harrison Jr.!


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: CF DolFan on September 30, 2026, 02:56:37 pm
I guess you guys are right. I've just been thinking of needs and not necessarily the most impactful player. I know I sure wish we'd have drafted Ja'Marr Chase instead of Waddle. I like Waddle but he is not Chase.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Phishfan on September 30, 2026, 02:58:19 pm
QB is the only choice for me.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Denver2 on September 30, 2026, 03:55:30 pm
With what should be a deep class you take a QB. You need a franchise QB to consistently win and that’s it. If Miami doesn’t even try and takes a WR I’m honestly probably out.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Spider-Dan on September 30, 2026, 04:41:51 pm
I guess you guys are right. I've just been thinking of needs and not necessarily the most impactful player. I know I sure wish we'd have drafted Ja'Marr Chase instead of Waddle. I like Waddle but he is not Chase.
MIA would not have been able to draft Chase "instead of" Waddle.
They would have only been able to draft Chase "instead of" trading the #3 pick to SF for three first-rounders (who ultimately became Waddle and Chubb).

Now, if we are operating with a crystal ball, and we know that:

1) CIN will draft Chase (instead of drafting a blue-chip OT to protect their already-injured #1 overall QB)
2) Chase will become a top 3 WR in the league, while Waddle will be an elite #2 at best
3) Van Ginkel will have a breakout 2024, making a trade for Chubb unnecessary

...then sure, passing on three firsts to pick Chase makes sense.  But if you don't know the future, that's a very tough sell.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Sunstroke on September 30, 2026, 04:44:01 pm
Jeremiah Smith is the most obvious franchise player WR since Marvin Harrison Jr.!

Hahahahaha!!  Semi-hilarious...but wholly stupid.



Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Spider-Dan on September 30, 2026, 05:26:31 pm
No wide receiver will turn around a franchise, no matter how good they are.  One may recall that the actual Calvin Johnson was drafted to a team that went 0-16 shortly thereafter.

Personally, I would think that the whole "Tank for Tua" experience would have turned this generation of Dolphins fans off of the idea of Drafting One Player That Is The Savior, but that's just me I guess.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Denver2 on September 30, 2026, 06:12:21 pm
No wide receiver will turn around a franchise, no matter how good they are.  One may recall that the actual Calvin Johnson was drafted to a team that went 0-16 shortly thereafter.

Personally, I would think that the whole "Tank for Tua" experience would have turned this generation of Dolphins fans off of the idea of Drafting One Player That Is The Savior, but that's just me I guess.

I mean if not for concussions maybe Tua would’ve worked. We should have tanked for Joe Burrow but that didn’t happen. Tua brought us the best quarterback play we’ve had since Marino it just wasn’t sustainable.


Still you’re right one single player will not save a franchise but the best way to do is it to get a QB.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: CF DolFan on October 01, 2026, 08:19:34 am
MIA would not have been able to draft Chase "instead of" Waddle.
They would have only been able to draft Chase "instead of" trading the #3 pick to SF for three first-rounders (who ultimately became Waddle and Chubb).

Now, if we are operating with a crystal ball, and we know that:

1) CIN will draft Chase (instead of drafting a blue-chip OT to protect their already-injured #1 overall QB)
2) Chase will become a top 3 WR in the league, while Waddle will be an elite #2 at best
3) Van Ginkel will have a breakout 2024, making a trade for Chubb unnecessary

...then sure, passing on three firsts to pick Chase makes sense.  But if you don't know the future, that's a very tough sell.
The one thing that doomed Grier is he never chose the obvious pick. He always thought he could bring in people with untapped potential with injuries or past history of failure. 


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: MyGodWearsAHoodie on October 01, 2026, 12:44:39 pm
The one thing that doomed Grier is he never chose the obvious pick. He always thought he could bring in people with untapped potential with injuries or past history of failure. 

I think his bigger problem was his willingness to overpay players. 


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Spider-Dan on October 01, 2026, 04:53:11 pm
The one thing that doomed Grier is he never chose the obvious pick. He always thought he could bring in people with untapped potential with injuries or past history of failure.
Just be thankful that Grier didn't stay at #3 and choose the obvious pick of Kyle Pitts in 2021.


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Dave Gray on October 02, 2026, 07:27:47 am
Just be thankful that Grier didn't stay at #3 and choose the obvious pick of Kyle Pitts in 2021.

I was really excited about the promise of getting Kyle Pitts. 


Title: Re: Achane is done.
Post by: Phishfan on October 02, 2026, 02:01:02 pm
I was really excited about the promise of getting Kyle Pitts. 

I think a lot of people were.