The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums

TDMMC Forums => Off-Topic Board => Topic started by: Denver_Bronco on March 08, 2006, 07:34:03 am



Title: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Denver_Bronco on March 08, 2006, 07:34:03 am
So anyway i have been riding the bus to work lately to save on costs to my car. Also the short walk (10-15 min) to work from my drop off spot gives me some sort of exercise before i sit down in my doughnut/bagel infested job for 8 hours. So the bus experiment is going pretty well, i've lost 13 pounds in about a month and a half.

You wouldn't believe how watching 10 people pick their noses, knuckle deep at any given time translates into loss of appetite for an enitre day ! I mean these people pick their noses with wreckless abandon, like nobody's watching. Its epic, and sickening. I can't eat for hours. So i usually have till dinner before the memory of that mornings nose-picking debacle is fresh out of my head before i can even look at food.

So here's to public transportation. F Richard Simmons.


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: YoFuggedaboutit on March 08, 2006, 07:37:11 am
They say that that's one of the best ways to lose weight.  Other adjustments you can make are to take the stairs instead of the elevator, park your car farther from the entrance to a building, etc....


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Brian Fein on March 08, 2006, 10:45:18 am
imgine if you bought a bike and rode to work.  then you'd also save bus fare!


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Denver_Bronco on March 08, 2006, 10:51:56 am
imgine if you bought a bike and rode to work.  then you'd also save bus fare!
Its kinda far, but the problem with that is A) the weather and B) the streets i would have to travel are too busy and i would probably be hit by a car within the first week.


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Brian Fein on March 08, 2006, 11:00:33 am
Its kinda far, but the problem with that is A) the weather and B) the streets i would have to travel are too busy and i would probably be hit by a car within the first week.
Right, but you could easily avoid the nose-picking... :)


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Sunstroke on March 08, 2006, 11:53:39 am

I do the bike and bus thing on a daily basis here as well.

The Pros: Dirt cheap transportation, the ability to read while commuting, character-fodder for story creation, a couple of very attractive latina ladies who are quite friendly.

The Cons: Fat women, Fat dudes, smelly women, smelly dudes...and way too many of all of those. Having to wait for the scheduled pickup time and possibly wait for the next bus if both bike racks are full.





Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: ADeadSmitty on March 08, 2006, 11:56:17 am
Besides nose-picking I have also noticed that people eat disgusting food on the subway and bus.

I think the etiquette for eating on public transportation is that you can eat something which is clean and easy to eat, but not something which makes your hands all messy. So eating a muffin or something is okay. Eating ribs slathered in  barbecue sauce is not. I swear I have seen, over and over, people eating like the greasiest fried chicken on the subway, and licking their fingers and then touching the handholds and whatnot. Gross.


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Buddhagirl on March 08, 2006, 12:52:26 pm
Besides nose-picking I have also noticed that people eat disgusting food on the subway and bus.

I think the etiquette for eating on public transportation is that you can eat something which is clean and easy to eat, but not something which makes your hands all messy. So eating a muffin or something is okay. Eating ribs slathered in  barbecue sauce is not. I swear I have seen, over and over, people eating like the greasiest fried chicken on the subway, and licking their fingers and then touching the handholds and whatnot. Gross.

Ewwwwwww....That just made me cringe.


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Brian Fein on March 08, 2006, 02:11:05 pm
Ewwwwwww....That just made me cringe.
Just imagine where all the boogers end up....

I dare you you run your hand along the underside of one of those bus seats...


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Buddhagirl on March 08, 2006, 02:30:13 pm
Just imagine where all the boogers end up....

I dare you you run your hand along the underside of one of those bus seats...

Ew. Ew. Ew.  I've never been on a bus (other than for school).  This might make me never get on one. 


Title: Re: Riding the bus translates to weightloss
Post by: Sunstroke on March 08, 2006, 05:50:24 pm

You can't eat anything on the metro bus here in S FL...and they will stop the bus and boot ya off if they see ya sneaking a snack.