Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 02:54:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Winter 2019 Coaching Hotseat
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Winter 2019 Coaching Hotseat  (Read 5195 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2020, 02:38:03 pm »

I don't think the cowboys underachieved. I think they're right where they should be. Dak is massively overrated. Elliot is ok, but this is a passing league. They have no receivers and a has been TE. They're just not a good team and it shows. Nothing Garret could have done.
Well that may be what you think but that's not what just about everyone in Dallas and most outside of Dallas thought. Most thought this was the year they went deep into the playoffs if not the Superbowl. Those were the expectations nationally.

If they were overrated, it was on the defensive side of the ball. Dak and Elliot had very good years and their offense did well. The defense was exposed however. They VASTLY overperformed last year mostly due to a number of big defensive plays, caused a lot of turnovers etc. That setup up the offense and it worked. This year without the defense causing any turnovers the offense had to drive the length of the field far too often which they did for a lot of yards, but not for a lot of points. This is what happens when your defense is bad, it forces the offense to be great and they weren't able to do that.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2020, 12:42:22 pm »

While I will never root against the Patriots, I think it would be absolutely hilarious if Josh McD as head coach of the Browns got his first playoff win against BB & the Patriots as the last time the Browns won a playoff game BB was their coach and it was against NE.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2020, 01:22:45 pm »

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski.

End of the hires.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »