Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2026, 08:26:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Its football season. I wrote a TDMMC song of my own.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Its football season. I wrote a TDMMC song of my own.  (Read 470 times)
Frimp
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5996

Swallow Yer Hat Cause Ye Ship is Sinking...

billselby9773
WWW Email
« on: September 13, 2026, 04:24:40 am »

The song is an over produced 80's glam ballad spoof. And, I take Hootie's reference and turn it up to 11. I'll include the lyrics too, but I'd appreciate it if you'd listen to it. lol And, I'll try to get back into posting regularly. I promise
.
Its called 'The Tear In My Eye'

https://youtu.be/Q7PveB3gBBo?si=24nJG4sfl1CVZCQm

Lyrics:

Sitting at the sports bar, watching the Dolphins lose
Taking sips of beer, to wash down my spicy food
Then you round the corner, My past meets my eyes
Just a reminder of good and bad times in my life

Our eyes meet,
a sharp feeling in my throat
A welcoming smile, Am I seeing a ghost?
Now I feel, a little moisture in my eye
As you walk up, I’ll talk, but I won’t lie!

Because...

The tear in my eye that you saw start to fall
It wasn’t what what you were thinking
The tear in my eye, it meant nothing at all
I only choked on a hot wing

You think that I’m joking, you think that I cried
I did the day you left me, I just wanted to die
Now you sit at my table, to talk about old times
I just want to watch the Dolphins,
but you want a White Claw Lime

Bartender, Get her a drink
At halftime. I can wrap it up, I think
And clear it up, and to make her rethink
Halftime, to convince her of the truth
The Dolphins lead, Maybe they won’t lose

I’m serious…

The tear in my eye that you saw start to fall
It wasn’t what what you were thinking
The tear in my eye, it meant nothing at all
I only choked on a hot wing

The nuclear wings are extremely hot
I coughed as I swallowed (sooo hot)
It caused a tear, Shaking as I choked,
It wasn’t a happy tear!

Guitar Solo

The tear in my eye that you saw start to fall
It wasn’t what what you were thinking
The tear in my eye, it meant nothing at all
I only choked on a hot wing


...Yeah, the Dolphins lost...
Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31359

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2026, 12:05:09 pm »

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2026, 02:14:03 pm »


I replaced that guitar solo with  Gerry Rafferty-esque saxophone solo...hope that's ok.


Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
Frimp
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5996

Swallow Yer Hat Cause Ye Ship is Sinking...

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2026, 08:29:46 pm »

I replaced that guitar solo with  Gerry Rafferty-esque saxophone solo...hope that's ok.




Lets hear it! lol
Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines