Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 11, 2026, 12:40:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  New Boots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Boots  (Read 3833 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« on: December 16, 2008, 12:29:57 pm »

I needed some cold weather footware since I will be traveling to see my family over Christmas (all I have are sandals, dress shoes, or my lawn work shoes). I went out last night and bought a new pair of hiking boots from Gander Mountain and have been wearing them around today. Can anyone think of anything more miserable than breaking in new boots?
Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 01:36:13 pm »

breaking in new boots that are 2 sizes too small?
Logged
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 11671

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 02:36:33 pm »

Breaking in new boots made for women when you're a man that wears a size 12?

You know what they say about big shoes, right? 



Big feet.
Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15220



« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 04:03:38 pm »

I needed some cold weather footware since I will be traveling to see my family over Christmas (all I have are sandals, dress shoes, or my lawn work shoes). I went out last night and bought a new pair of hiking boots from Gander Mountain and have been wearing them around today. Can anyone think of anything more miserable than breaking in new boots?

Why are you breaking them in?  You plan on going hiking when you are there?

Break them in while you are wearing them when you need them.  Plus you don't need boots for the cold you only need them for the snow.  If there isn't snow I will be walking thru I wear sneakers in the winter.
Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
bsfins
Guest
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 04:26:04 pm »

More miserable for .....
Losing 6 games a year to the Bills,Patriots,and Jets....
Getting a 3 or 4 game series swept by the St. Louis Cardnials.....
Getting a certain part of my Anatomy stuck in my Zipper....
Could be Worse...You could Be ME!  Cheesy

I'll stop before everyone thinks I'm a miserable negative person... Smiley
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 06:49:37 pm »

Why are you breaking them in?  You plan on going hiking when you are there?

Break them in while you are wearing them when you need them.  Plus you don't need boots for the cold you only need them for the snow.  If there isn't snow I will be walking thru I wear sneakers in the winter.

You must have missed that I don't have sneakers other than the lawn shoes. Boots have to be broken in eventually. If I wasn't breaking them in now, I would be eventually.
Logged
Defense54
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 4406



« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 06:58:03 pm »

I'm just the opposite, I love New boots. I wear boots around 60-70 hours per week. Lots of support and they feel like walking on air. Its the old ones that are beat to shit that get uncomfortable after a while.

BTW........I went to that Orlando outlet mall near my hotel when I was there. I got a Kick ass deal in the Timberland store . I thought it was just gonna be some kind of a Tourist trap, but I found some sick deals there and at the Nike Closeouts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:00:26 pm by Defense5499 » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:59:01 am »

That place is huge and it does get you deals (even though it is in the middle of tourist town). I am looking for some bibs (overalls you may call them) and a friend suggested I go to the Dickies outlet there. Does anyone else have a suggestion on where I can find denim bibs?
Logged
bsfins
Guest
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 11:12:21 am »

My Local Walmart has Dickies Bibs...Err Overalls....
Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines