Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  TRENT RETURNS TO ST. LOUIS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TRENT RETURNS TO ST. LOUIS  (Read 6427 times)
ABuccsFan
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:12:50 am »

Shaky from NFL Fans says,

Seven seasons after leaving St. Louis, quarterback Trent Green is returning to town.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Green has agreed to terms with the Rams. Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that it is a three-year, $9 million contract.

Green was a high-profile signing of the Rams in 1999. But Rodney Harrison, then of the Chargers, hit Green low during the preseason, setting the stage for the unlikely ascension of Kurt Warner. Green, who missed all of 1999 with a torn ACL, stayed with the Rams through the 2000 season. He started five games that year as an injury replacement for Warner.

In 2001, Green landed with the Chiefs, where he was reunited with former Rams coach Dick Vermeil. Green stayed in Kansas City until last year, when he was traded late in the offseason to the Dolphins.

In St. Louis, Green will be reunited with Al Saunders, the former offensive coordinator in Kansas City who then moved to Washington and now has the same gig with the Rams.

With Marc Bulger entrenched as the starter, Green likely won’t be higher than No. 2 on the roster. The only other quarterback currently on the team is Brock Berlin.

And I can see why. I'd feel shaky too, once Bulger gets re-injured.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 09:57:49 am »

That is IF Bulger gets injured...... by the way, we already have a discussion going on about this in another thread.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 10:06:32 am »

Old, old, old news.

This has been discussed ad nauseam in the "Former Dolphins signing elsewhere" thread.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 02:12:30 pm »

bulger is a pansy, green will get another shot, and then he'll be back in the hospital with scrambled eggs for brains.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 05:44:45 pm »

Oh yeah, Bulger is a pansy who played games last season with broken ribs.  Roll Eyes

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
ABuccsFan
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 01:55:17 pm »

He's going to have a great year, pansies and all. This is not the same as the Silly Former Fins Sign Elsewhere thread, its a legit post in Around the NFL that focuses on the Rams team. For you know as well I that in a head-to-head buttin contest, Linehan has the best of the former Fins and would've won a match with Camera On last season, even if he stayed up in the box. I'm not concerned with no former Fins anymore unless they're Rams. Berlin in my book, rates ahead of the Beckster. And I'd say that with a wide Ginn.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:42:51 pm »

I wonder what St.Louis is going to serve with those scramble eggs.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 03:45:54 pm »

Brock Berlin couldn't even beat out Gus Frerotte for the backup spot last season and was relegated to the practice squad.  Yeah, he's much better than Beck.  Roll Eyes

Marcus Tullius Cicero
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 03:51:23 pm »

He's going to have a great year, pansies and all. This is not the same as the Silly Former Fins Sign Elsewhere thread, its a legit post in Around the NFL that focuses on the Rams team. For you know as well I that in a head-to-head buttin contest, Linehan has the best of the former Fins and would've won a match with Camera On last season, even if he stayed up in the box. I'm not concerned with no former Fins anymore unless they're Rams. Berlin in my book, rates ahead of the Beckster. And I'd say that with a wide Ginn.

Why? Aree you on the Rams wagon now? Green will not accomplish crap in Stl, especially with them rebuilding their O line. How many hits do you really think he can take?
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 03:54:25 pm »

^ You have to realize that many of their starters on the o-line had season ending injuries last year.  Just the loss of Orlando Pace was huge.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
ABuccsFan
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 09:09:46 am »

Why? Are you on the Rams wagon now? Green will not accomplish crap in Stl, especially with them rebuilding their O line. How many hits do you really think he can take?
Cause, Bulger's proven out, before significant line injuries i.e. Pace, and they'd been improved towards end of last season. Accidently, you are correct. I have posted more on http://mainecove.com/ramsfans/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=b5a2709b4d203ec970dd2e33813ad046 , htan I have on TDMMC. Both (either) MG or TG aren't in htere to take hits. I think Green is more of a trainer; he'll support BB and be like Larry Csonka when he returned to the Fins. Who knows may the next ARamsFan, but it won't be me. I've too much interest in Buccs especially now with Griese back, and it won't be hard for me to motor on over by the WC for a weekend to see.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:54:40 pm by ABuccsFan » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray