Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:38:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Off the Field: CB Michael Lehan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Off the Field: CB Michael Lehan  (Read 2411 times)
DolFan619
« on: March 13, 2008, 05:06:09 pm »

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/team/offthefield/lehan_michael.asp

Off the Field: CB Michael Lehan

Dol-Fans know that cornerback Michael Lehan was a free agent signee of the Dolphins in 2006. But, did you know that his favorite movie is Antwone Fisher? Did you know that his favorite actor is Denzel Washington? You can learn more as MiamiDolphins.com takes you Off The Field With Michael Lehan.

THIS AND THAT

It was a season of firsts for you statistically. You recorded your first touchdown, interception and sack. Do you feel more comfortable now?

“I definitely feel more comfortable. I’ve been on the field more than any previous year and I understand the game more. I am not thinking as much. I’m just able to go out there an make plays.”

It was a tough year in the secondary last season with injuries. Was it hard to plug different guys in there each week?

“The injuries were crazy. I think there were five safeties that went down. I’d never seen anything like that, but it was a testament to guys being ready when their time came. You saw Cam (Worrell) step up when some of the other guys went down. Jason (Allen) stepped up and Lance (Schulters) came in and played well. It was a testament to each guy being ready to play, and a testament to our secondary coaches getting guys ready to play and to get them to be able to execute and do a good job out there.”

You’re from Minnesota, the Land of 10,000 Lakes, and plenty of bitter cold weather and snow. Do you miss scraping your car’s windows off after a snow storm and wearing three layers of clothes during this time of year?

“I was talking to some of my friends up there and they were telling me how cold its been up there and I’m telling them it’s 80 degrees down here. At this point I can’t really say that I miss the cold (laughing). I definitely like it down here. I miss some of my family, but I’ll take 80 degree weather over negative degree weather any day.”

You benefited from the play of Will Allen last year. He had the sack and forced fumble that you recovered for a touchdown. How would you describe his play this season?

“Will had a tremendous year for us and he was a great mentor helping me out. He’s a great guy to learn from. Really all the guys were great to learn from. Whether it was André Goodman or even Travis Daniels. We have a pretty tight group as corners and we’ve all learned from each other. But Will definitely had a tremendous year and it’s been great learning from him.”

FINISH THE SENTENCE

One word that best describes me would be: calm.
As a kid, I always wanted to play: baseball.
If I didn’t play football, I would be: a director of a nonprofit organization.
If I could play a musical instrument, it would be: the piano.
If I were stuck on an island for a month, three things I couldn’t live without are: my bible, some music and a canoe.
My welcome to the NFL moment was: probably my first tackle. It was against Jerry Rice.
If I didn’t play cornerback, I’d like to play: running back. That’s what I played in high school.
The best vacation I ever took was: two years ago. I went over to Kosovo. The NFL put a program together so I went over and watched the Super Bowl with some of the troops.
Something I like to do after a game to relax is: sit on the couch and watch the highlights.

LEHAN'S LIKES

Actor: Denzel Washington
Actress: Halle Berry
Food: Smothered Pork Chops
Musician: Brian McKnight
Movie: Antwone Fisher
Sports Movie: Remember the Titans
Vacation Destination: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Electronic Device: iPhone
Automobile: Audi A8 – that’s what I have.
Pregame Superstition: Listen to Gospel music.
TV Show: CSI – Las Vegas, Miami and New York.
College Stadium To Play In: Beaver Stadium (Penn State)
Cornerback Growing Up: Got to be Deion (Sanders)
Clothing Brand: Lacoste
Sneaker Brand: Nike
Comedian: Dave Chappelle, Steve Harvey or Jamie Foxx
Off-Field Hobby: Video games and just watching movies.
Most Memorable Collegiate Moment: My senior year against Arkansas I had two interceptions in the Music City Bowl (2002) and we won the game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray