Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:48:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Retrospective - Mike Curtis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NFL Retrospective - Mike Curtis  (Read 2459 times)
ethurst2
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:38:44 am »

The old school guys will remember Mike Curtis as the guy who leveled the fan as he tried to pick up the football and run with it during a Miami Dolphins game at Municipal Stadium.

Why Mike Curtis isn't in the Hall of Fame? I have no idea. Hall of Famer and Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Jack Lambert was influenced by Curtis' style of mayhem.

He was one of the linebackers that clearly would knock you into next week and then some.

For the guys that didn't see Mike Curtis play, here's the video. This is when middle linebackers were really heat seeking missles.

I will be posting more pioneers of the game as I come across them for your enjoyment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NNUF5JBAqg
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 02:54:20 am »

Why Mike Curtis isn't in the Hall of Fame? I have no idea.
Nor do I.

I will be posting more pioneers of the game as I come across them for your enjoyment!
YES!!!!  

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
landlocked
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 05:47:08 am »

great vid!i remember watching that game as a kid when he knocked the crap outa the guy trying to steal the ball.i cannot believe mike curtis is not in the hall,either.
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:48 pm »

Excellent video ethurst!!  Mike Curtis is my kind of linebacker. He definetly deserves to be in Canton, Ohio. 

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:52:24 pm »

Mike Curtis is in the same class of middle linebacker as Sam Huff and Dick Butkus, the dude was a fuckin animal.

I didn't say Lambert or Buonoconti because they played in a 4-3 and 3-4 defense and while certainly a hall of famers and all time greats, as far as I know none of the other 3 played in 3-4 alignments.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 11:13:18 pm »

Mike Curtis is in the same class of middle linebacker as Sam Huff and Dick Butkus, the dude was a fuckin animal.

I didn't say Lambert or Buonoconti because they played in a 4-3 and 3-4 defense and while certainly a hall of famers and all time greats, as far as I know none of the other 3 played in 3-4 alignments.

Buonoconti was more of a technician, always reading the play, being in the right spot, making the tackle with surgical precision. He was not a physically intimidating type who would manhandle you or annihilate tacklers. He just always made the play. Jack Lambert, on the other hand, was a scary fearsome intimidating SOB who would hit you with slobbernockering force. Both are worthy HOF linebackers, but very different in their style.

And Mike Curtis was like a rabid animal on the field and a hell of a lot of fun to watch.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 11:15:05 pm by doctord56 » Logged

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 06:10:24 am »

Has there ever been any indication why he has not been considered?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray