Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:32:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  would it be so crazy to...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: would it be so crazy to...  (Read 2944 times)
1 dol fan

Email
« on: March 16, 2008, 01:15:44 pm »

draft 2 offensive linemen in the first 2 rounds of this years draft?

If you think about it, we could pick up 2 very good players with 2 of the first 3 picks we have. It would definitely shore up our line for years to come and even though chris long is available, how often do you get the chance to complete an offensive line to last the next 4 years?

T - vernon carey
G - jeff otah (or another top tier rookie)
C - samson satele
G - Justin smiley
T - Jake Long

I'm not too sure that i would put otah at guard but i suppose it would be a little bit easier and therefore make him more productive as a rookie. If you ask me, this looks like the offensive line of a fantastic running game! and it will help (insert QB here) with the pass rush and give him more time to make good plays through the passing game.

Just a thought.... please be nice   Wink

Da 'Phins: 1-15, it can only go up from here (god forbid 0-16)

the pats: 18-1, good luck matching that let alone beating it (god forbid 19-0)

I guarantee improvement from last season!
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 01:24:15 pm »

Not a bad strategy at all...the dolphins did a similar thing in 1990, drafting Richmond Webb in the first round at number nine and Keith Sims in the second. It worked out pretty well, as Webb became the best tackle in team history and seven time pro bowler, and Sims was a solid player for many years and 3 time pro bowler himself. We should only hope for this level of success in the 2008 draft. Given how many holes the team has on defense, I doubt Parcells will go this route, although you never know what is on the Tuna's mind.

I should add, however, that the dolphins tried drafting offensive lineman 1 and 2 again in 1995. It didn't work out quite as well when they drafted the immortal Billy Milner and Andrew Greene.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:35:18 pm by doctord56 » Logged

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray