Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:03:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Retrospective - Greatest Play Ever
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NFL Retrospective - Greatest Play Ever  (Read 4232 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 06:23:15 pm »

However the play that I liked the best was a Flea Flicker that went for a score from Marino to Duper in 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NvYiUP3c-E&
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 07:23:23 pm »

Anyone got that clip of Marino throwing a bomb to Mark Duper against the Jets in 1985 for the winning TD?  Dolphins were down 17-14 with two minutes left in the game.  Marino throws a strike to Duper who catches it, bobbles it, then catches it again.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 07:32:07 pm »

JTex,

The play from Hostetler to Ingram in the 3rd quarter of Superbowl 25 (He dragged like 2 guys down the right hash for 15 yards and fell just after the stick for a first down on a 3rd and 14) was probably one of the best plays I've ever seen, I would put it up there with Tyree's catch against the Pats this year.

Those are two most worthy choices and great examples of determination and not giving up.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 12:57:40 am »

This needs to be in "Dolphins Discussion"...there are several other plays that I would consider the "Greatest Play Ever". Because, that is a matter of opinion (right?).

When I think of the "Greatest Play Ever", i'd like to throw some Giants in the mix:

1. Mark Bavaro dragging Ronnie Lott for 20 yards (We won that game)
2. Mark Ingram on 3rd and 13 in the Super Bowl, breaking 87 tackles and stretching out to get that 13th yard (we won that game, too)
3. How about "THE" play in Super Bowl 42 with David Tyree's catch?

Non-Giants:

1. The "Catch" - Joe Montana to dwight clark in the NFC Title Game in 1981
2. The "Catch" 2 - Steve Young to Terrel Owens to beat the packers in the divisional playoff game in like 98 or 99.
3. The "Immaculate Reception" - Pittsburgh vs. Oakland in the 1974 (or so) playoffs
4. "Running into the night" - Marcus Allen's 80 yard TD run in the Super Bowl vs. Washington in 1983
5. "The Drive" - Joe Montana drives 92 yards, and finds John taylor for a 10-yard TD pass to win Super Bowl 23 vs. Cincinnati
6. "The Tackle" - Rams stop the Titans on the last second on the one-yard line to win Super Bowl 34
7. Music City Miracle - A backwards toss in the last second on a kickoff return by the Titans, vs. the Bills, in the playoffs in 1999 i believe it was

Notice, most of the "greatest plays' either involve the super bowl, or a huge game, where the team won. None of this "hook-and ladder but we still lost" shit.
If Homer Simpson was as big a homer as you the writers would have to rename him jtex.

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray