Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:30:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Other free agents
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Other free agents  (Read 2713 times)
Marley09

i'm rich bitch!

taylor_higgins803@hotmail.com
« on: March 18, 2008, 02:57:43 pm »

What free agents or trades do you think we are looking at now?
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 03:12:04 pm »

None, at least in the sense that I don't see us signing anyone now.

I think we're going to wait for the draft and see what develops there (picks, trades and so on). Ireland/Parcells will probably have a handful of free agents on speed dial, depending on what happens during the draft.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 12:34:43 pm »

I wish Miami was a little more aggressive with free agents, but to tell the truth the pool of agents were shallow this year. I don't see any big star signing on, you may see a few pick ups who may not be on the team on opening day. I know the Tuna has a track record and I place allot of trust in knowing he will build a strong Dolphins team, now all we need now is a little Patience.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 12:45:52 pm »

I agree with Simeon and FYO both...there just wasn't the marquee game-changer out there in free agency, so I am glad that Miami went a little conservative with their checkbook this offseason. I think there will probably be smaller FA straggler signings (and undrafted rook signings) once the draft dictates what holes still need filling.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 12:56:07 pm »

Sunstroke... I've been meaning to ask... what's with the allcaps when you write my name/nick? A subtle protest that I didn't capitalize the "f"?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 01:15:02 pm »

Sunstroke... I've been meaning to ask... what's with the allcaps when you write my name/nick? A subtle protest that I didn't capitalize the "f"?

It's just a habit, my bad... I consult with clients about branding new businesses during the day, and I tend to capitalize acronyms without thinking.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 02:45:13 pm »

It's just a habit, my bad... I consult with clients about branding new businesses during the day, and I tend to capitalize acronyms without thinking.

Just for the record, it's not an acronym. It's short for Fyodor (as in the first name of the Russian author). I've used it for close to 10 years now, adopting in back when I was a pretentious prick (these days, I'm just arrogant).  Evil

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 04:36:37 pm »

I always wondered what "fyo" stood for - I always thought it was some internal alteration of "fyi"
BingeBag
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 12:50:52 pm »

I always wondered what "fyo" stood for - I always thought it was some internal alteration of "fyi"

Same here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray