Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:23:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Defense vs. Offense...........
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Defense vs. Offense...........  (Read 6218 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 11:36:15 am »

Yeah, casual...

Easy now, I wasn't saying that everyone who prefers offense to defense is "just" a casual fan.

My point was that perhaps the split between fans of offense and defense is different for hardcore fans than it is for casual fans. E.g. maybe offense is preferred by 90% of casual fans, while only by 25% of hardcore fans.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 11:45:53 am »

If it's my team then I want to see some great offense but other than that ... nothing beats a hard hit.  I love to see QBs get bindsided or receivers destroyed acrtoss the middle.  Of course, I don't want anyone to get hurt but there is something about watching someone get pummeled that is exciting!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:33 pm »

If it's my team then I want to see some great offense but other than that ... nothing beats a hard hit.  I love to see QBs get bindsided or receivers destroyed across the middle.  Of course, I don't want anyone to get hurt but there is something about watching someone get pummeled that is exciting!

yeah......I gotta admit there are a few teams and a few players that while I don't want to see anything permanent .........I wouldn't mind some serious pain being inflicted.  Evil

Kirbyjr

Ted Ginn Jr.....see above

Email
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 10:12:31 pm »

Personally, i love the 3-back shove it up your throat type of offense that can make the big play on a play-action pass but will be the 3 yrds. and a pile of dust.... not to be confused with the dolphins usual.... 3 yards and a pile of SHITacki mushrooms
I agree, I love seeing a run offense just pound the crap out of a defense for all 4 quarters.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 11:21:14 pm »

I'm surprised at the number of "defense" fans... not what you'd expect from the media and the direction the NFL has taken in recent years. I guess that's the difference between hardcore fans and casual fans.

Ever seen the movie "Double Team" with Jean Claude Van Damme and Dennis Rodman?

Van Damme:  Offense gets the glory.

Rodman:  But defense wins the game.
Marley09

i'm rich bitch!

taylor_higgins803@hotmail.com
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 07:08:51 am »

I like defense the most, but it's nice to see your offense spreading out the field making plays!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 02:53:20 pm »

I like defense the most, but it's nice to see your offense spreading out the field making plays!

Not to mention giving the defense time to rest so they can come back out and Kick butt......... Wink

1 dol fan

Email
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 08:58:56 pm »

Ever seen the movie "Double Team" with Jean Claude Van Damme and Dennis Rodman?

Van Damme:  Offense gets the glory.

Rodman:  But defense wins the game.

My old football coach always said "offense wins girlfriends but defense wins championships" Cheesy

Another quote from one of my coaches: "take care of the little things first, and the big things will take care of themselves"

Da 'Phins: 1-15, it can only go up from here (god forbid 0-16)

the pats: 18-1, good luck matching that let alone beating it (god forbid 19-0)

I guarantee improvement from last season!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray