Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fins feel a draft
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fins feel a draft  (Read 1850 times)
DolFan619
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:55:19 pm »

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/467084.html

From Barry Jackson's FLORIDA SPORTS BUZZ.

CHATTER

The Dolphins are interested in several Virginia Tech players and sent at least three officials to their Pro Day on Thursday -- more than the norm. Defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers studied four big linemen -- Barry Booker, Chris Ellis, Carlton Powell and Kory Robertson.

Receivers coach Karl Dorrell watched Eddie Royal, Justin Harper and Josh Morgan. There's also cornerback Brandon Flowers and linebacker Xavier Adibi (who, at 230, is smaller than the Dolphins' prototype at that position).

• Among second-round quarterback possibilities, Miami is showing the most interest in Michigan's Chad Henne. The Dolphins, who have a private workout with Henne on Tuesday, haven't scheduled one with Delaware's Joe Flacco.

• Virginia coach Al Groh -- who served as an assistant under Bill Parcells with the Giants, Patriots and Jets - said Friday one of the appealing things about Chris Long, whom Miami is considering for the No. 1 pick, is that he's ``very versatile physically and mentally. Teams likely would be able to do a number of different things with him. . . . Over the years, a majority of players turned out to be outstanding 3-4 linebackers in the NFL who were college defensive ends.''

So is Groh encouraging Parcells to draft Long? ''I don't think Bill needs any advice from me,'' Groh said, adding he's happy to provide ``insights.''

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray