Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:50:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brett Farve rethinking retirement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brett Farve rethinking retirement  (Read 7001 times)
simeon
Uber Member

« on: April 03, 2008, 09:20:36 pm »

Have you ever heard of the old saying, like a bad penny that won't go away.
This just in from yahoo sports.

BRETT FARVE RETHINKING RETIREMENT

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) —Brett Favre could be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a Los Angeles Times report, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, is contemplating a comeback with another team.

Citing NFL sources, the Times reported Thursday that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.

However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union.

Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, told the Times he was not aware of his client’s possible interest in resuming his career.

“That’s news to me,” Cook said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with anything. He’s retired, period, point blank.”

During his press conference, Favre denied he retired because the Packers did not make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss.

However, Favre’s decision came one day after the New England Patriots re-signed Moss to a three-year contract worth $27 million.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:16:35 pm »

Bracing my ears for another jtex rant in 3.......2........1..........
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 10:42:50 am »

If you're Bill Parcells and you had the chance to get Brett Favre in a Dolphins uniform for the right price, would you?   I most certainly would. He proved last year he can still play with the best. Let Josh McCown and John Beck battle for the #2 spot, while Beck gets another year's grooming behind a future Hall of Famer.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 11:13:58 am »

SWEET.  As if it couldn't get any worse...
BJL
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 12:09:06 pm »

I don't believe this one. Why would Brett Farve come back, only to leave Green Bay? First off, it would betray a bunch of Farve fans. Second, the Packers were a team who got to the NFC Championship, and are young. They'll be better this year. If Farve comes back, I don't think he would be back as anything but a Packer. This would make no sense if it happened.

Trade for Brian Griese? Yay, another washed up veteran QB...
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 12:35:22 pm »

NO MORE OVER AGED QB'S IN MIAMI!!!!!!
It would call for a trade, and because of his age it just isn't worth it.
BRETT STAY RETIRED!!!!!!!

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 12:49:47 pm »

This rumor has already been shot down. Both by his agent and people close to him.

Heck, even his #1 fan, Peter King, has reported that this is completely bogus.

But, by all means, let's get all worked up because some shitfaced reporter pulled a story out his ass instead of doing some real research.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 01:48:58 pm »

This rumor has already been shot down. Both by his agent and people close to him.

But, by all means, let's get all worked up because some shitfaced reporter pulled a story out his ass instead of doing some real research.

He might SAY this is completely bogus, but the fact remains that he has not filed retirement papers with the league. 
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 02:28:01 pm »

I thought his number one fan was Jtex?  Wink

Actually, I thought it was John Madden.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 02:34:09 pm »

I don't want Favre in Miami.  Period, point blank.

Seriously, Tommy?  You'd bring his old ass in here to play on this shitty team?  Why?  So he can retire in a year and start over again?

I drink your milkshake!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 03:06:02 pm »

I thought that this thread was started just to make jtex implode.  Grin

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 06:38:19 pm »

I thought that this thread was started just to make jtex implode.  Grin

Now if Favre stayed and Brady retired, then Jtex's head might be the lead role in Scanners sequel.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 10:15:57 pm »

We haven't seen much of jtex around here for a while

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 10:36:32 am »

by his agent

i didn't realize people that retired still had agents.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 11:32:56 am »

i didn't realize people that retired still had agents.

Of course.  He might do post retirement stuff.  Maybe he'll go on network telivision and call games.  Maybe he'll become a coach.  Maybe he'll get on the lecture circuit.  His agent negotiates all that.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray