Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:43:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Report: Vick playing QB on prison team
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Report: Vick playing QB on prison team  (Read 26728 times)
Pats2006
Uber Member

2009, 2014 Fantasy Football Champion

XxDevilDog
« on: April 07, 2008, 07:15:18 pm »

Michael Vick may never play in the NFL again. But his football days are far from over.

Vick, a three-time Pro Bowl quarterback who is currently serving a 23-month prison sentence in Leavenworth, Kan. for financing a dogfighting ring, is playing football in prison, Falcons owner Arthur Blank told the New York Daily News.

"He is staying in shape," Blank told the Daily News. "Apparently, there was a prison football team and he played quarterback for both sides."

Blank and Vick have been communicating through letters, a process Vick initiated, Blank told the Daily News.

"He's written me a couple of times," Blank said. "I've written him back, he's stayed in touch."

The former Atlanta star is also washing pots and pans for 12 cents an hour, Blank told the newspaper — a far cry from the $130 million contract he used to have.

_____________________________ ____________________________

New movie?  The "Longest Yard 2" staring Mike Vick!

jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:57:53 pm »

I guarantee that Vick = the most popular inmate at Leavanworth. He's friends with everyone and no-one fucks him in the ass. Why? He's rich and famous.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:24:47 am »

He was rich.  Now he'll have to repay the Falcons a ton of money

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 12:30:45 am »

he's got all that money sitting in a prison account so he can buy stuff.  and he'll be back in an NFL uniform in 2009
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 12:57:10 am by Tommy » Logged
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 06:17:11 am »

he's got all that money sitting in a prison account so he can buy stuff.  and he'll be back in an NFL uniform in 2009

Vick's earliest possible release date is summer 2009. You really think Goodell will reinstate him immediately?

I'm not at all convinced that he'll EVER be reinstated, but if he does, 2010 sounds a lot more realistic.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 04:26:16 pm »

^ and backing someone else up...at best.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 06:44:17 pm »

Vick's earliest possible release date is summer 2009. You really think Goodell will reinstate him immediately?

I'm not at all convinced that he'll EVER be reinstated, but if he does, 2010 sounds a lot more realistic.
I albsolutely agree especially where Goddell punish blacks more then whites(Bill Belicheck).

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 06:47:26 pm »

I albsolutely agree especially where Goddell punish blacks more then whites(Bill Belicheck).

Way to inject race into the issue. Much, much, much more likely is "where Goodell punishes PLAYERS more than COACHES/TEAMS/OWNERS".
run_to_win
Uber Member
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:57:49 pm »

Belichick broke league rules. Vick broke the law.

Huge difference. 

Hypersensitive bullies should not frequent message boards.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 07:04:45 pm »

Why are we even talking about this jerk and why does every thread turn into a race or religious debate?

Unanswered questions of the universe.  Tongue

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 07:12:42 pm »

This rumor is horseshit...Vick isn't playing ANY football right now. They were talking on the Ticket today about that, and it was a fabricated story.

RTW...I remember a version of that cartoon from the 80's with different "characters of the era," but it was one white and one black character. Gags based on timeless truths never go out of style. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 08:17:47 pm »

Belichick broke league rules. Vick broke the law.

Huge difference. 

Great point and post RTW!!  Awesome cartoon as well!!  Comparing what Bellichick did... to what Vick did... is friggin ridiculous.  Vick is nothing more then a thug scumbag.  If it were up to me, Vick would rot in jail the rest of his miserable life.  Goddell should never let that piece of shit play in the NFL again.

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 02:52:39 am »

12 cent an hour in Prison.  I never knew that prisoners made hourly wages.   So thats where my extra tax money goes.  Shocked

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 01:23:07 pm »

God what a DUMB quote.   Please retract this statement. Its just not necessary to push whatever other agendas you might have here. I seriously find the above statement offensive and ask the Mods here to take care of it.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 02:49:24 pm »

^^^ Sorry, 5499... While I agree with you that it is a reeeeeally stupid (and inaccurate) post, and likely the end-product of a completely non thread-related agenda, I'm not going to delete it. First, it wasn't directed at any board member, so can't be construed as a personal attack, and it's only offensive aspect is it's stupidity. Second, this board is about expressing opinions, no matter how lame and ungrounded they might be. Third, I'd now have to edit or delete three different posts to purge it completely.

So instead, why don't we just try to ignore it?

I knew a soldier in the army who had spent almost a year in prison before being exonerated and released. He told me that football was damned near all they did for recreation at that facility. Every day, every chance they could get to be in the yard, they played football. Personally, I hope I never have to spend a single night in a "real" prison, but any place that encourages you to play football a lot can't be ALL bad, can it?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray