Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:57:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Colt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Colt  (Read 17123 times)
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« on: April 08, 2008, 07:41:15 pm »

Anyone read his q&a with Fox sports? He put on 33 pounds in 3 months with a hip injury that requires surgury.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 02:53:11 am »

Colt  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Colt Brennan

Indianapolis Colts

Colt '45

Colt Pistols

Colt's Manufacturing Company

Colt's  Weapons System

Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 02:55:56 am by DZA » Logged

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:39:36 am »

Colt McCoy ?

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:11:51 am »

Colt brennan is who this story is about. I guess someone must have convinced him that he realy had no shot in the NFL because that 33 pounds was not muscle weight from the way I heard the story. His hip surgery has also killed any chances he may have had.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 12:26:51 pm »

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7987234/NFL-draft-Q&A:-Colt-Brennan

... I just wanted to show the scouts that I have great footwork underneath the center. I also wanted to show how strong my arm had gotten and how much bigger I am now. It's much easier for me to throw a football now that I put on an extra 30 pounds. A lot of scouts and a lot of agents walked up to me afterwards and said you did a lot of good for yourself today. That's what everyone kept saying. I'm pretty stoked about that.

CS: The weight that you've been able to put on since the Senior Bowl has been incredible. You weighed in at Mobile at 185 pounds and you just said you weighed in at 218 on Tuesday. What did scouts in attendance have to say about your weight gain?

Brennan: They just asked my agents how I put so much weight on, that's all. But when I was at Hawaii, I wasn't thinking long term; I wasn't thinking about the NFL. I was just thinking about the present. I was taking six classes and got caught up in a crazy world of demand with every win. I was never in the weight room; I barely had time to eat.

He says it was planned weight.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:46:04 pm »

Big difference then. I heard it second hand and was under the impression he was letting himself go.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:20:28 pm »

I just got done reading his write up in the Scouting News NFL Draft. They had him as one of the smartest QB's in this years draft. Always making the right decisions and incredible at reading defenses. But he appeared very small. Almost looked like a High School QB lined up behind center. Maybe he finally got some serious workouts and nutrition facts. But I'll tell you what..........The mental part of the game is something you either have or you don't. I've written several threads here where I've said Colt is NO BRAINER in the 4th round if he lasts that long. If Joe Flaco is gone by our turn to draft #32 in the second round , or if we couldn't draft down and get more draft picks to get Joe...........if Colt is available in the later rounds when we pick I think he would be a really wise choice to battle Beck for the eventual starting spot behind McCown.

I would LOVE to see Colt in a Dolphins uniform . I think he has a HUGE upside and the price of a 3-4th rounder is worth the possible returns.

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 02:41:25 pm »

How do you naturally put on 33 lbs of muscle in 3 months?  I don't think so.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 04:03:11 pm »

How do you naturally put on 33 lbs of muscle in 3 months?  I don't think so.

When someone teaches you how to carbo load its very possible. Good chance in college he was on a very limited budget and spent many days just eating salads and water. If it was that Fishy people would say so. No way he is going to chance taking anything illegal in this day and age of Steroid policing right before the NFL draft. And no one says it was all Muscle. He was so thin though that Even a bit of Fat wouldn't look bad on his frame. Look at how much weight Rickey Williams lost  . He was like 245 when he was on the Saints. He was down to 185  2 off seasons ago and I believe he is about 210 now. Some Athletes have the ability to change their weight dramatically.

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 04:40:25 pm »

I don't believe for one second that any sport is devoid of performance-enhancing drugs.  Some guys I knew in college, admitted it's been a while, had told me that they are rampant even on the college and high school levels.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 06:18:58 pm »

I don't believe for one second that any sport is devoid of performance-enhancing drugs.  Some guys I knew in college, admitted it's been a while, had told me that they are rampant even on the college and high school levels.

I absolutely believe that. That's why its so important for the NFL and MLB to take a stand against them. Right now if you want to stand a chance to get into a college you need to take them just to compete.  But Colt has to know going into the NFL he will be put under a microscope. NFL teams will know how many Hairs he has on his left nut. For him to do anything stupid drugs wise would seal his fate........deservedly so.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 09:34:33 pm »

I've written several threads here where I've said Colt is NO BRAINER in the 4th round if he lasts that long. If Joe Flaco is gone by our turn to draft #32 in the second round , or if we couldn't draft down and get more draft picks to get Joe...........if Colt is available in the later rounds when we pick I think he would be a really wise choice to battle Beck for the eventual starting spot behind McCown.

I would LOVE to see Colt in a Dolphins uniform . I think he has a HUGE upside and the price of a 3-4th rounder is worth the possible returns.

I tend to disagree here.  Colt had his chance to prove himself against Georgia and totally bombed.  That Sugar Bowl game, along with the situation at the Combine, hurt his draft stock badly, and nothing he does from here on out can change that. 

I doubt he gets drafted before the sixth round... if he does at all.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 12:44:00 am »

He'll get drafted.  Just not as high as some people, including himself were probably once thinking.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 07:32:11 am »

Undrafted!? NO way......That's going a bit to far. I say 3rd 4th round, others can say 6th , 7th.......its the draft you never know. But Undrafted is just silly.

Steal in the upper rounds. Book mark this thread.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 09:31:32 am »

When someone teaches you how to carbo load its very possible. Good chance in college he was on a very limited budget and spent many days just eating salads and water.

He was a scholarship athlete so he should have been receiving the NCAA approved athletic training table meals. No salad and water except for an appetizer if you ask me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray