Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:57:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Chad Johnson refuses to report to any mandatory team functions, demands trade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Chad Johnson refuses to report to any mandatory team functions, demands trade  (Read 10424 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: April 16, 2008, 07:00:32 pm »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761

Johnson says he won't attend team functions, demands trade
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson left no room for doubt Wednesday: He wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengal function -- mandatory or voluntary.

What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by quarterback Carson Palmer that indicated Johnson had told Palmer he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''

Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.

"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson said. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

The Bengals said they have no comment in response to Johnson's statements. A team spokesman pointed to coach Marvin Lewis' statement at the owners meeting that he has fully discussed the Johnson situation and didn't feel it was productive to talk about it again.

Johnson is skipping the team's offseason workouts as he tries to push for a trade. But the Bengals have also made it clear that they have no plans of trading him.

Lewis has said repeatedly that the team has no plans to deal Johnson, despite the wide receiver making the rounds of radio and television talk shows to voice his displeasure about his situation in Cincinnati.

In a February interview with Jim Rome, Johnson said he felt he was being blamed for the Bengals' problems and disappointing showing last season.

"I'm not allowed to say. I get the blame; the so-called best player, I'm the problem," he said. "Someone in-house is spreading this. Maybe they want me to quiet down [and] stop being me. That is not going to happen. I can't function that way. I tried it. It sucked. There was no excitement."

Last month, on ESPN's First Take, Johnson again hinted at wanting a trade.

"I want to continue my career wherever I have the opportunity to win a playoff game and get to the Super Bowl. That's where I want to be," he said.

Wednesday, the Pro Bowl wide receiver said he was surprised by Palmer's comments about his possibly reporting to mandatory camp.

"I wish he would stay out of my business,'' Johnson said.

So what's that stuff I remember hearing about Johnson not being a cancer/punk?

I hate to say I told you so, but...

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php/topic,7673.msg76499.html#msg76499
http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php/topic,7905.msg78825.html#msg78825

And what was CIN's record last year?

I told you so.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 07:02:13 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:42:04 pm »

What a piece of crap...Last time I checked you're a damn football player.  Your job?  To play in football games.  What does it take for these guys to STFU and just play?
DolFan619
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:49:22 pm »

Good.  Maybe he'll finally go away for awhile.  Piece of crap.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 08:52:59 pm »

The Bengals currently pick 9th.  I'd take their first and second rounder along with Ocho Cinco and trade out of the top spot.  That gives us four of the first 64 picks and an instant upgrade to our receiver corps.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 09:32:41 pm »

Chad Johnson = TO.

Roll Eyes
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:47:07 am »

I'd take Johnson in a second if we can get him in a fair deal.  He's not a "cancer"; rather I think he just wants to win and is a competitor.  Not to mention one of the best WR's in the league.  He has NO off-the-field issues.  I believe if he has a strong boot up his ass (ie Sparano/Parcells), and we start winning some games, it would be a good idea to entertain the thought of him coming here.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 01:41:12 am »

No doubt.........If we could score Chad I'd have a serious Orgasm ! Thats a guy that could even make our QB's look halfway decent.  Tongue

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 04:02:49 am »

I'd take Johnson in a second if we can get him in a fair deal.  He's not a "cancer"; rather I think he just wants to win and is a competitor.  Not to mention one of the best WR's in the league.  He has NO off-the-field issues.  I believe if he has a strong boot up his ass (ie Sparano/Parcells), and we start winning some games, it would be a good idea to entertain the thought of him coming here.
I would say that this entire paragraph applies equally well to T.O.

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 10:53:36 am »

Just say no to Chad Johnson.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 11:01:28 am »

I like him a lot. But just think. The Dolphins suck, and personalities like his won't be very hapy for very long on a bad team. It wouldn't take long for him to blow up. And besides, who's going to get him the ball?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
BJL
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 11:01:57 am »

Here is my major problem about people calling Johnson a cancer: he didn't start this, the Bengals did. After a horrible season, who got the blame? It wasn't the defense that was decimated and placed 27th overall. It wasn't an underperforming offense, or a 24th ranked running game. It wasn't even the coaching staff. It was placed on Johnson by the Bengals. He had a great year. The offense did well passing the football, ranking 7th, with his help. He didn't cause the Bengals to suck last season. In fact, he was one of the few players still keeping them in games.

Unfortunately, this is all a he-said-he-said situation. Johnson says the Bengals aren't treating him well, and the Bengals are saying they never did anything to push him away. But, you gotta believe something went wrong. I tend to believe the Bengals are the ones who fucked up. The guy had no problems being with the Bengals this long, and let's face it, the Bengals haven't really been the team to beat. I don't think Johnson is a cancer. I'd be glad to have him on the Bucs.

Trade for Brian Griese? Yay, another washed up veteran QB...
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 11:06:45 am »

Why the hell would Chad Johnson want to come here anyway?  He would want to go to a better team than the Bengals, not a worse one.  The chances of him coming here are slim and none.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 11:27:30 am »

Since I was one of the ones who backed Chad's "talent level," I am more than a little disappointed to see his behavior go downhill this quickly. I still think he's one of the 3-4 most talented receivers in the game...shame he doesn't have the head to match.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 11:42:09 am »

I don't care what anybody say's Chad Johnson is a cancer ! If he want's off the Bengles there's more professional ways to do it then to rip your team every chance you get. Johnson reminds me of a little child who threw a fit because he couldn't get his way. This is PROFESSIONAL football if he doesn't want to make millions a year playing this year let him collect welfare, what a scrub.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 12:54:17 pm »

Can't have a team full of nicey nice people. Every group of individuals has its assholes.  I don't care what kind of person Chad is as long as he's a team Player and Performs. That he does. Sign Him!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray