Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:14:45 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Chad Johnson refuses to report to any mandatory team functions, demands trade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Chad Johnson refuses to report to any mandatory team functions, demands trade  (Read 10425 times)
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 12:58:26 pm »

Since nobody answered my question before, I ask again :  Why in the hell would he even want to come here?  This team is a long way away from being contenders again.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 01:45:31 pm »

He wouldn't want to come here, and we shouldn't want him to come here. This isn't a team that is 1-2 marquee players away, it's a team at ground level of a full franchise rebuilding project. It's also a team without an established QB at this point, and I think both "contender status" and "established QB" would have to be high on Chad's wish list.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 02:36:53 pm »

Can't have a team full of nicey nice people. Every group of individuals has its assholes.  I don't care what kind of person Chad is as long as he's a team Player and Performs. That he does. Sign Him!!!
Team players do not rip their team and coaches every chance he get's. Put him on unemployment!!!

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 02:45:56 pm »

I like Chad Johnson, and despite him acting like an asshole in situations like this, I am much more okay with this kind of disturbance than with those who are getting into legal trouble, domestic abuse, etc.

That said, (even though I've said I think CJ would fit here), based on his newest tantrum, I don't think it's true anymore.  If he wants to get out of Cincy so that he can so to a winner, what would he want in Miami?  He's made a big enough name for himself that he can go to a competitor to put them over the top.  I don't think he wants to go back to the bottom and work to bring a team up.

I drink your milkshake!
DolFan619
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 02:59:24 pm »

I can't see Chad coming to Miami, nor do I want him coming to Miami.  This team has much more pressing needs than Chad Johnson.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 05:45:15 pm »

The only team Chad Johnson wants to play for is the Cowboys or the Patriots.  Maybe the Colts.  I think it'd be a funny slap in his face if the Bungles traded him to the lowly Dolphins, Rams, or Falcons.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 06:18:23 pm »

Don't most high tier players have a contract clause that allows them to accept or reject a trade?

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 08:26:43 pm »

Not really; I believe no-trade clauses (which is essentially what you just described) are pretty rare in the NFL.

But there wouldn't be much point to trading him to a team that he didn't want to go to; he'd just refuse to report to the new team (like he is at CIN now), so he wouldn't carry much value.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 08:40:25 am »

The only reason he'd want to come to Miami is because it's his hometown.
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 02:16:53 pm »

johnson DOES want to come to miami - remember when he said "call me parcells, stop playin' 'round"  ??
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 03:56:26 am »

johnson DOES want to come to miami - remember when he said "call me parcells, stop playin' 'round"  ??

He was only Jokin when he said that.  But Huh Huh  He also siad he would not mind playing in front of his hometown.(MIA)   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Rick
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 01:20:47 pm »

He wouldn't want to come here, and we shouldn't want him to come here. This isn't a team that is 1-2 marquee players away, it's a team at ground level of a full franchise rebuilding project. It's also a team without an established QB at this point, and I think both "contender status" and "established QB" would have to be high on Chad's wish list.

Agreed.  If Chad isn't happy playing on an offense with one of the best QBs in the NFL, he would definetly not be a happy camper in Miami.  He is definetly not a guy that would want to be part of another rebuilding project.  He is a very talented and entertaining WR, but with his current attitude needs to go where HE wants to go. 

Its just not football without something to pass around!!
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 05:18:41 pm »

Agreed.  If Chad isn't happy playing on an offense with one of the best QBs in the NFL, he would definitely not be a happy camper in Miami.  He is definitely not a guy that would want to be part of another rebuilding project.  He is a very talented and entertaining WR, but with his current attitude needs to go where HE wants to go. 

I like his attitude. He wants the best and demands it. How long since we have seen that kind of attitude in Miami?   I'll tell you what though........I have faith in Parcells. That man almost made a gentleman out of Keyshawn Johnson. if Bill talks to the guy and feels he's Miami Material I'm all for it. If he's a punk.......he won't get by the Parcells Punk ass bitch meter. But I'm all for some people coming to this team with some attitude.  As long as they back it up with action.  Wink

bsfins
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 06:21:12 pm »

No thank you,Why would Miami want to give up draft picks,Plus he's going to want a new contract....Hmmm Give up picks,and big contact to a WR that just turned 30,that just developed an attitude.....Doesn't make alot of sense to me...
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2008, 06:27:01 pm »

No thank you,Why would Miami want to give up draft picks,Plus he's going to want a new contract....Hmmm Give up picks,and big contact to a WR that just turned 30,that just developed an attitude.....Doesn't make alot of sense to me...

The only pick I'd consider is a swap with the Bengals.  They get our #1 and we get their #9
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray