Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:32:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  2008 Draft Disaster Nominees
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2008 Draft Disaster Nominees  (Read 15179 times)
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 01:56:33 pm »

Mcfadden, Ryan, & Golston  will have me saying WTF WTF WTF WTF Angry Angry Angry

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 11:49:50 pm »

I'm gonna be honest..........The draft picks are so even across the board for the first 5-6 picks and we have so many needs.........I don't think the Dolphins gan go wrong unless they pick Taylor Mehlhaff ,Kicker out of Wisconsin.

Can I ask why all the hate for Matt Ryan? I'm not a huge fan or anything but I certainly wouldn't be upset if they picked him.  It would show me that they have zero% faith in the beck though , and I do not think that is the case.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 11:54:50 pm by Defense5499 » Logged

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 04:47:41 am »

Can I ask why all the hate for Matt Ryan?

Let's completely ignore any question marks people might have against him. Let's assume he would indeed be able to perform well in the NFL.

Drafting Ryan would still be stupid, because we simply don't have the players around him that would enable him to develop his skills. More likely, he'd be spending most of the time on his back.

The *only* scenario in which it makes sense to draft Ryan is if you believe he's a significantly better quarterback than you could "normally" get in the first round. In other words, if we could expect to get a player of roughly his skill (or better) in one of the 2009-2011 drafts, we should spend our first round pick this year on something else.

In the end, it's a question of value. If your o-line sucks, your running game is going to struggle and your quarterback is going to get hit a lot. No running game puts more pressure on your passing game, which isn't a good position to put a rookie quarterback in. Therefore, the added value of drafting a top quarterback isn't nearly as great as drafting e.g. a top offensive tackle.

Personally. I believe a quarterback of Ryan's skill is relatively common in the middle of the first round, so why should we spend our #1 overall on him this year?

Brady Quinn dropped to 22 last year. Leinart and Cutler were 10 and 11, respectively, the year before. Aaron Rodgers and Jason Campbell were drafted in the 20s three years ago. So was Losman the year before that, a draft where Roethlisberger was taken just outside the top 10.

That's a complete list of quarterbacks drafted 10-32 in the last four years. Do you really think Natty Ice, ermm, Matt Ryan is too good to fit in that group?
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 08:05:38 am »

Can I ask why all the hate for Matt Ryan? I'm not a huge fan or anything but I certainly wouldn't be upset if they picked him.

I'm with ya Defense.  I don't buy the "our line is absolutely horrific" line. Isn't this the same line that Brown ran behind when he lead the league in yards from scrimmage before he got hurt? Isn't this the same line that that a 38 yr. old QB and backup at best Lemon was behind when the team lost 6 games by 3 points or less.  The same line that Beck was behind when the team couldn't score an offensive TD in as many games as he QB'd,  and no more than 1 play later when Lemon comes in relief, he throws a strike for a TD to end that drought?

Besides, what makes anyone think they're drafting Ryan or McFadden? Every report I've read so far has them heavily leaning towards Long or Long. So there's nothing to worry.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:34:39 am by Thundergod » Logged
AprFools_Phins

On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 04:41:26 pm »

McFadden.  It would be like buying more speakers and installing them in a car with no wheels, windows, seats or a floor.

So true. Honorable mention also goes to Gholston-

Sidenote- I'd be happy with Ryan- as long as he's not the first overall...and for some reason I do not want Jake Long- I'm holding out hope for the other Long

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 08:12:36 am »

McFadden.  It would be like buying more speakers and installing them in a car with no wheels, windows, seats or a floor.

Hell, I'd take those new speakers, throw away the used ones that always break down, then put the new ones in when I got that bad ass car.  Wink
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 04:08:52 pm »

I have a strange sinking suspicion that Miami will draft Ginn again this year.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 12:33:52 am »

I have a strange sinking suspicion that Miami will draft Ginn again this year.

Grin LOL Grin

KC

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 04:17:32 am »

Billy Ginn who we find out at draft time is Ted's younger brother and we thought we drafted the family last year but it turns out that we need this guy who is actually in a wheelchair but has a real good personality and can hold the clipboard for our latest and greatest QB find who we found spit shining windshields on the streets of Miami after several years out of the league, and we figure out how to give away a second rounder for him.

Not having Cam Cameron's input on the picks pretty much removes the possibility of any real big nightmares although the one last year will live in infamy.  Cam's not worthy of the Ring of Dishonor he needs his own special ring as it's not fair to our other folks to be compared to him.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 04:25:35 am »

In terms of drafting disasters, Wannstedt takes the cake.  And the table its on.  And calls the cops to shut the party down.
RavensRdabest

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 12:47:49 pm »

If they pick Matt Ryan I will puke.
If you had picked him you not only would have puked but you would have hadd to pay him all the money you have
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray