Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 11:21:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2008 NFL DRAFT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL DRAFT  (Read 27469 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2008, 12:30:38 pm »

Even though SF had one of this year's draft picks already in the fold (Big Joe Staley), I really like the trio that SF has added so far. Kentwan Balmer, Chilo Rachal and CB Reggie Nelson should all be able to step in and help the Niners this season. No trading down to accrue more selections though, and I really expected that to happen (they only have 6 picks after the Briggs' penalty).

Round 4 is coming up...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
landlocked
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2008, 01:07:29 pm »

DAMN!Tommy Zbikowski went to Baltimore.I love Tommy Z's hard nosed play but i HATE the ravens!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2008, 01:36:28 pm »

DAMN!Tommy Zbikowski went to Baltimore.I love Tommy Z's hard nosed play but i HATE the ravens!

I think the Ravens have had one of the top-5 drafts this year so far, at least by the way I rate the individual players. Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Tavares Gooden, Tom Zbikowski, Oniel Cousins...that's solid, and they still have 5 more picks to come.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2008, 02:23:36 pm »

RE: Opening day QB

I will be comfortable with whoever wins the job in training camp.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2008, 02:43:02 pm »

RE: Opening day QB

I will be comfortable with whoever wins the job in training camp.

Yeah, but the drafting of Chad Henne sends a clear message to John Beck..... you're not the starter unless you outdo both Henne and McCown.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2008, 02:43:56 pm »

Hey StL... Mr StL has to be happy, because the Rams are another team having an excellent draft. Chris Long, Donnie Avery, Joe Greco, Justin King, Keenan Burton and three more picks in rounds 6-7. Like Miami and SF, St Louis doesn't have a 5th rounder. Any reach by making Avery the first WR off the board at #33 is EASILY made up for by the outstanding value I feel they got with Greco-King-Burton in rounds 3-4. Greco and King, in particular, are two guys I was hoping to see land on either Miami or SF's roster.

~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2008, 04:40:43 pm »

Redskins just snagged Hawaii QB Colt Brennan. 

Funny what bad performances in your bowl game and the Scouting Combine can do to your draft stock.  This kid was supposedly a can't-miss prospect up until the Sugar Bowl.  He ended up sliding all the way to the 6th round.
DolFan619
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2008, 04:49:39 pm »

Redskins just snagged Hawaii QB Colt Brennan. 

Funny what bad performances in your bowl game and the Scouting Combine can do to your draft stock.  This kid was supposedly a can't-miss prospect up until the Sugar Bowl.  He ended up sliding all the way to the 6th round.

The West Coast Offense is probably the best fit for Colt.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2008, 05:05:33 pm »

The West Coast Offense is probably the best fit for Colt.

Ironically, Redskins head coach Jim Zorn endorsed this kid when he was QB coach for the Seahawks last season.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2008, 05:40:46 pm »

Interesting tidbit I've picked up from the guys at ESPN..... not a single Alabama player has been drafted.  This will not reflect well on Nick $aban. 

BTW, MUCPhin, your boy Pierre Garcon got snatched up. 
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2008, 05:42:57 pm »

Hey StL... Mr StL has to be happy, because the Rams are another team having an excellent draft. Chris Long, Donnie Avery, Joe Greco, Justin King, Keenan Burton and three more picks in rounds 6-7. Like Miami and SF, St Louis doesn't have a 5th rounder. Any reach by making Avery the first WR off the board at #33 is EASILY made up for by the outstanding value I feel they got with Greco-King-Burton in rounds 3-4. Greco and King, in particular, are two guys I was hoping to see land on either Miami or SF's roster.

Yes, we are amazed the Rams are not screwing up yet another draft.  I guess they finally learned their lesson.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2008, 05:49:11 pm »

^ The Jets still suck! I love thier 2nd pick  Roll Eyes
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2008, 05:53:29 pm »

^ The Jets still suck! I love thier 2nd pick  Roll Eyes

Two things you can count on most years:

1.  The Lions drafting a WR in the first round
2.  The Jets drafting a TE in the first round

Grin Grin Grin
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2008, 08:51:58 pm »

gocowboys... If you are looking for your previous inflammatory post about the phins getting swept, I regret to inform you that it's gone missing. Those types of posts really do live longer, unhealthier lives in the anti-fins section.

~ Micah Leggat
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2008, 08:54:05 pm »

By the way, a record was set today.  The most trades in NFL Draft history. 

34 trades over the past two days, dwarfing the old record of 28 set in 2004.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray