Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:24:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Chad Henne is a joke
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Chad Henne is a joke  (Read 16589 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 12:25:30 pm »

0-4 against ohio state, and 1-3 in bowls games and zero big ten titles. You guys got a real winner.

That is a legitimate concern.   I'm also concerned that his hi-lite reels are against the Gators.  As a fan of the Gators I'll be the first to tell you their defense sucked.  Add in the dismal performance against Appalachian State and if people feel completely sold on him, they have issues.

He may pan out to be one of the greats but he comes in with legitimate questions.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
KC

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 01:17:54 am »

You don't want to read too much into team losses here.  In the first 1 games of the year which were losses he didn't play well by any means but they were team losses and the team played poorly.  In the Ohio State game well they got their butts kicked and Henne's butt was certainly kicked as well.  He did play badly in that game along with the team which is usually the case when you only score 3 points.  To his defense somewhat though he was just coming off the injury and he wasn't 100% although he pretty much was when they kicked Gator butt in the bowl game.  As far the highlight reel well that was just someone editing that game and his career highlight reel would have other games in there trust me  Wink

The chances of Henne being another Tom Brady are slim but that could be said about most guys, but they both came from Michigan under the same coach for whatever that's worth. 
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 09:20:06 am »

I view it this way. The dolphins haven't had a top rung QB since 2 to 3 years before Danny retired. How do you fix it? You keep drafting QBs until you find a good one. QB is the hardest position to transition from college to pros, and a lot of fine college QBs wash out. So you need to keep picking them, and cross your fingers, until you find one who makes it.

The Dolphins neglected the QB position in the draft for 25 years, trying to plug in other team's cast offs after Danny retired (Culpepper, Fiedler, Griese, Lemon,etc,etc). Maybe Beck and Henne will never amount to much, but I'm pleased the fins are using draft picks to find a QB. Maybe we'll be fortunate and one of these two guys will show something and develop into a front line player, but if not, keep drafting QBs!

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 11:44:05 am »

I agree with Doctord.  You have to keep trying and failing to find a good QB.  Eventually, you're bound to run across one.  It was irresponsible for us not to keep trying for QBs in the Danny years.  It never hurts to start bringing up a young guy.

I drink your milkshake!
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 11:46:20 am »

That is a legitimate concern.   I'm also concerned that his hi-lite reels are against the Gators.  As a fan of the Gators I'll be the first to tell you their defense sucked.  Add in the dismal performance against Appalachian State and if people feel completely sold on him, they have issues.

He may pan out to be one of the greats but he comes in with legitimate questions.

Well 2007  was not so kind to Michigan.  Henne did very well in the previous years prior.  2007 was full of expectations and injuries. I think henne will be fine ! 

Flacco ,  Henne, and Woodson are the only QB's i wanted Miami to take.   

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 11:47:20 am »

Well 2007  was not so kind to Michigan.  Henne did very well in the previous years prior.  2007 was full of expectations and injuries. I think henne will be fine ! 

You could say the same thing about Brohm.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 11:29:23 pm »

Excellent point, boy he is great first 8 games of the season but when the pressure is on ROMO is a choker.

Jessica says he is a premature ejaculator as well..............Makes sense. Hes good out of the gate but can't finish the Job.   Cheesy

Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 11:31:27 pm »

I agree with Doctord.  You have to keep trying and failing to find a good QB.  Eventually, you're bound to run across one.  It was irresponsible for us not to keep trying for QBs in the Danny years.  It never hurts to start bringing up a young guy.

Exactly. That's why I wished they picked Colt Brennan in the 6th round instead of another Running-back.  Lets stockpile at an area of need...........

landlocked
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 03:57:06 pm »

wasn't that jake long "protecting" him?
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 06:08:59 pm »

Exactly. That's why I wished they picked Colt Brennan in the 6th round instead of another Running-back.  Lets stockpile at an area of need...........
Why waste a 6th round on a guy who would never make the team.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
bsfins
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 06:33:51 pm »

Anyone else read Peter Kings article last monday,about the possible trades in the second slot,and how it would have effected the rest of the QB's...
From peter Kings Monday morning QB
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- It was never excruciatingly close, but 20 minutes before the draft, St. Louis Rams decision-makers were sequestered in an office and seriously considering two trades down from No. 2, one of which would have changed the headlines in your Sunday newspapers.

Matt Ryan to Baltimore.

Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta.

Chris Long -- don't gasp so loud, Howie -- to the Raiders.

Chad Henne to Atlanta, somewhere in the middle of the first round as the Falcons' quarterback of the future, not Miami's.

Jacksonville NOT trading up for Derrick Harvey.

Vernon Gholston to the Chiefs.

Joe Flacco somewhere in the second round.

"Can you imagine,'' I said to Ryan late Saturday night, "you in Baltimore, and Henne and Glenn Dorsey here in Atlanta?''

"Really?'' he said. "Was it close?''

Again, not so close that the three teams involved in the discussions are regretting it this morning. But in re-creating the events of the two hours before the draft, I learned that the Rams had some lines in the water that would have surprised us all.

Farther down the article.....
The Falcons turned down the swap offer shortly before that. I write about that in SI this week, so I'll not spill everything about why. But I'll say that the Falcons were comfortable enough with their feelings for Henne that they figured if they lost Ryan, Dorsey and Henne would be a suitable draft-day bonanza.

So yeah Henne's a joke.... Roll Eyes

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/04/27/mmqb.draft/index.html
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 06:41:45 pm »

somebody at has too much time on his hands.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tepop84
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 08:54:30 pm »

New offensive coordinator Cam Cameron loves Ryan, but he also likes Flacco and Henne, and he thinks Flacco might have the traits and the arm to be special

Just like he can pass on Quinn cause Beck is so much better.  Fucking dumbass.
jacperkinsonisagoddperson

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 06:27:12 am »

you know as much as the dolphins complain about Brady i bet you guys would take him in a heartbeat.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 07:54:05 am »

you know as much as the dolphins complain about Brady i bet you guys would take him in a heartbeat.

Hi Patriots4Life....... bye Patriots4Life
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray