Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:52:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sparano: Taylor not attending training camp
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Sparano: Taylor not attending training camp  (Read 12212 times)
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 06:09:16 pm »

There has been a lack of loyalty going both ways for decades now, so this is not surprising, and really is nothing to get upset about. He was going to leave the team eventually through FA, trade, or retirement anyway.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 06:28:32 pm »

I love Jason Taylor until now...He is pulling a Ricky Williams on us. Yo Jason you signed a contract, why not be a man and honor it, you Benadict Arnold.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 06:35:06 pm »

Are we seriously going to lecture JT on loyalty?  Perhaps JT should call up his brother-in-law and ask him what he thinks about the Dolphins and loyalty.

Loyalty is a two-way street, and JT saw how "loyal" the team was to Zach.  I don't think it's a coincidence that he just now decided that it's time to look out for #1.

It amazes me how people can cheerfully nod when a player is cut because "this is a business," yet vilify players when the tables are turned.  JT gave the Dolphins many years of service.  No matter what happens, I'll still respect him for what he's already done for us.

Parcells should have traded him before the draft, instead of letting it get to this point.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 06:36:52 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 09:14:47 pm »

I saw a straw poll on AOL Fanhouse  A lot of fans agree with JT on this.
Tepop84
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 09:23:31 pm »

I love Jason Taylor until now...He is pulling a Ricky Williams on us. Yo Jason you signed a contract, why not be a man and honor it, you Benadict Arnold.

Yea, because teams never cut players.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 12:35:26 am »

So after ALL of the shit I got on this very forum 4 years ago for destroying Ricky Williams AND Jason Taylor (for blatantly calling out Ricky Williams and telling Taylor to shut the F up), I'm finally being "proved right" about this character (or, lack thereof). JT, as I've said FOR YEARS, has always been a big mouth, know-it-all, pompous ass clown, and when the going got tough and a new regime came into town, he didn't want to give up his comfort zone of being a high-paid primadonna on a 1-15 garbage squad where you don't work hard and you coast through the NFL season making millions. Now that Bill Parcells and company - you know, a system that actually WINS (hint Taylor, they've WON, what have YOU won?), JT packs his gear and moves to LA and now holds out. 

Miami - PLEASE outright release this aging, overrated clown. All the bullshit talk about Ricky Williams goes down the drain (it already did before when he two-faced his way back from what he said, and now again), and so does his winless career.

JT (And every other NFL player) - there is NO SUCH THING as "paying your dues", in case you idiots haven't figured this out yet. Let me repeat this one more time, because I know some of you high-priced clowns aren't necessarily road scholars: There is NO SUCH THING as "paying your dues" in the NFL. You are ALWAYS paying your dues, you are ALWAYS busting your ass like a rookie, and when you go 1-15, you have NO RIGHTS to be holding out or bitching about anything.

Remember everyone of the most true statement EVER. You should put this sentence in your signature lines: "The NFL is a business. It's also stands for "Not For Long", so shut your face and go to practice.

There is just no argument here. Show up to practice, period. If you don't, the door is that way. Simple as that. There are no such things as "sides" or "respect" here. You get your 1-15, over-rated, loud-mouthed, pretty boy, "they ain't comin' back on us" stupid ass to practice and that's the end of it.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
ethurst2
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 01:06:30 am »

So after ALL of the shit I got on this very forum 4 years ago for destroying Ricky Williams AND Jason Taylor (for blatantly calling out Ricky Williams and telling Taylor to shut the F up), I'm finally being "proved right" about this character (or, lack thereof). JT, as I've said FOR YEARS, has always been a big mouth, know-it-all, pompous ass clown, and when the going got tough and a new regime came into town, he didn't want to give up his comfort zone of being a high-paid primadonna on a 1-15 garbage squad where you don't work hard and you coast through the NFL season making millions. Now that Bill Parcells and company - you know, a system that actually WINS (hint Taylor, they've WON, what have YOU won?), JT packs his gear and moves to LA and now holds out. 

Miami - PLEASE outright release this aging, overrated clown. All the bullshit talk about Ricky Williams goes down the drain (it already did before when he two-faced his way back from what he said, and now again), and so does his winless career.

JT (And every other NFL player) - there is NO SUCH THING as "paying your dues", in case you idiots haven't figured this out yet. Let me repeat this one more time, because I know some of you high-priced clowns aren't necessarily road scholars: There is NO SUCH THING as "paying your dues" in the NFL. You are ALWAYS paying your dues, you are ALWAYS busting your ass like a rookie, and when you go 1-15, you have NO RIGHTS to be holding out or bitching about anything.

Remember everyone of the most true statement EVER. You should put this sentence in your signature lines: "The NFL is a business. It's also stands for "Not For Long", so shut your face and go to practice.

There is just no argument here. Show up to practice, period. If you don't, the door is that way. Simple as that. There are no such things as "sides" or "respect" here. You get your 1-15, over-rated, loud-mouthed, pretty boy, "they ain't comin' back on us" stupid ass to practice and that's the end of it.

Well, what is your view on Michael Strahan, who was in a similiar situation last year? Strahan has been more vocal than Taylor on a lot of issues.
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 08:48:28 am »

at this point, why would the dolphins give jt the privilege of playing for another team? his rights belong to the dolphins and if he is interested in playing football he plays for the fins or retires. trade away this diva for a 4th round pick? f that... start your "acting" career early dude.
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 11:21:37 am »

Wow, I'm agreeing with Cowboys and Hoodie...nice, guys!

Taylor's salary, or legacy, or loyalty are all irrelevant.  He'd be paid the same or more elsewhere, would have been as good or better if surrounded by talent rather than John Avery, Jamar Fletcher et al, and would have received the love and adulation he got here.  Taylor played excellent football for this team for 10 or 11 years and was betrayed by bad management and bad coaching.

Why is legacy and loyalty as it pertains to legacy irrelevant?  He may not have been given the oppurtunity he received in Miami.  Untill he was given his chance, most would have considered him way undersized for his position.  He played on teams with damn good defensive backs like Marion, Madison, Surtain.  I could argue that he wouldn't have been half of what his is now if it hadn't been for this team (vs. another).

And how has he been betrayed?  I hate to say it but other than the report of Parcells not talking to him in the locker room, Taylor has been treated awesome since he has been a Dolphin.  Sparano has been very supportive via the media even when he didn't have to be.  Behind closed doors may be another story, but that is all speculation.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 11:29:21 am »

I am wondering how much of Sparano's comments are the Dolphins "spin-doctoring" the situation ti turn the Miami fans against Jason Taylor.

Maybe I missed it, but I never heard JT say in an interview, directly, that he wants out.  I think he had every intention to return to the team in 08, but Parcells was a dick to him and JT doesn't want to play for another a-hole.  I don't blame him.

Maybe, behind closed doors, JT was asked not to show up to camp, or that he wouldn't be allowed in camp, and the team is spinning it to make him look like the bad guy.

Or maybe I'm way off base.

Just saying, something sounds fishy here.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 11:59:59 am »

I thought this opinion column was pretty good.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-miataylor052108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 12:03:28 pm »

please retire already jt, and go start acting. the dolphins won't miss you... its not like there has been a whole lot of winning around here with you on the team anyway.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 12:07:29 pm »

Parcells should have traded him before the draft, instead of letting it get to this point.

This is the part that I keep shaking my head and coming back to... If you're Parcells-Ireland, and you think there is ANY CHANCE that this situation can happen, don't you lower your price significantly in trade talks and ensure that you get something of value for him?

I mean...come on, who here wouldn't have preferred an extra 3rd round pick in this past draft instead of the drama we're getting now?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 12:10:36 pm »

All this public talk about JT not coming to camp has made his trade value zero.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 12:31:32 pm »

This is the part that I keep shaking my head and coming back to... If you're Parcells-Ireland, and you think there is ANY CHANCE that this situation can happen, don't you lower your price significantly in trade talks and ensure that you get something of value for him?

I mean...come on, who here wouldn't have preferred an extra 3rd round pick in this past draft instead of the drama we're getting now?

In fairness to the Dolphin's management that trade would be harder than it looks.  JT wasn't willing to go just anywhere.  If Dolphins traded him to the Ravens he wouldn't have showed up there either.  And the other teams knew it. 

The only potential trading partners are teams that made the playoffs or came close last year.  JT has high price tag salary-wise and many of those teams have cap issues.  Some of those teams might have said, we will give you a 5th round as is but we will go as high as a second round if JT agrees to a restructured 3 year deal for half the money.   So now you have a three way negotiation.  With the Dolphins and JT having totally conflicting goals. 

JT would be a great fit on the Pats. JT probably would even take a pay cut for that deal.  But Dolphins might be a bit leery of having two games where all the highlights are plays made by Wes, Sammy and Jason trouncing their former team.   

However, while Jason has played the off-season as professionally as one can while being a hold out.  The Dolphin management has not.  The coach could have said, "Jason is perusing other avenues during the off-season and has choose not to attend the off-season voluntary camps, as his right.  He continues to work out on a daily basis and his dancing is keeping him limber and sharp.  He is a seasoned veteran who is familiar with our play book and although his absence is missed, of all our players he is the only one for whom this learning would be a rehash of material he has already mastered.  We look forward to his return, but are also entertaining offers for a potential trade.  We are confident that whether he plays for the Dolphins or another team next year he will be a leader and huge contributor to his team." This would have kept his trade value up.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray