Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2026, 09:06:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Penguins - Red Wings / Stanley Cup
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Penguins - Red Wings / Stanley Cup  (Read 25641 times)
landlocked
Guest
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 02:47:41 pm »

The Pens of today remind me of the 1983 Edmonton Oilers.... a cast of talented players headed up by a young rising superstar (Wayne Gretzky/Sidney Crosby). 

Granted, that 1983 Edmonton team lost to the NY Islanders in the Stanley Cup Finals that year...... but then went on to win five of the next seven Stanley Cups.
I think you are right on,Tommy.I was thinking the exact same thing while watching last night's game.I love the Penguins but they are just a bit too young this year.They will be awesome for the next few years.
Logged
landlocked
Guest
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 01:47:37 am »

WOW! The penguins win 4-3 in TRIPLE OVERTIME tonight!One has to wonder if it will wear on the "older" legs of the Red Wings players the rest of the series.Game 6 in Pittsburgh wednesday night.....
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 08:15:29 am »

That was a great game. Sykora even called he would score the game winner. I hope game 6 is close to being as good.
Logged
AprFools_Phins
Senior Member
****
Posts: 412


On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful


« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 06:47:34 pm »

I think the Pens actually have a better chance winning in Pittsburgh - I couldn't believe the game last night- I hope Wed.'s game isn't as nerve-racking (--Spelling of that??) last night's game was almost as bad as watching a Dolphins game! (ok not really almost...for like 1/4)
Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 01:20:24 am »

I'm so pissed I missed the end of that game.  I watched the first two periods then flipped it off.  I am SO PISSED!
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 08:59:27 am »

You should be Brian. The third period was some of the best hockey I have seen this season and Fluery absolutely stood on his head in OT to enable the Pens to win.
Logged
AprFools_Phins
Senior Member
****
Posts: 412


On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful


« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:02 pm »

Dammit...O well
Logged

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 08:16:47 am »

Great finish, they fought till the end.  The 6 on 4 power play inside 2 minutes sure was exciting.
Logged
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 11671

MaineDolFan
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 09:58:05 am »

Pittsburgh fans = completely trashy.  Your team lost, fair and square.  To boo Detroit while hoisting the Stanley Cup was ridiculous.  Show some class, jerk offs.
Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15219



« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 10:10:38 am »

Pittsburgh fans = completely trashy.  Your team lost, fair and square.  To boo Detroit while hoisting the Stanley Cup was ridiculous.  Show some class, jerk offs.

Its not as bad as booing santa claus or children. 
Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 11671

MaineDolFan
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 10:21:46 am »

The whole Santa thing in Philly...people need to really know the deal on that before they judge.  Santa was cheered intially when introduced and then the crowd saw that he was drunk and wearing a dirty outfit.  That's when they turned on him.

Logged

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 11:04:40 am »

Were they booing Detroit, or the commissioner?
Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 15955



« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 03:08:46 pm »

I think they were booing the commisssioner. A lot of Pittsburgh fans were sticking around to see the cup raising and I thought the booing stopped almost immediately after the commis walked off.
Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 28299

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 03:17:40 pm »

I think they were booing the commissioner. A lot of Pittsburgh fans were sticking around to see the cup raising and I thought the booing stopped almost immediately after the commis walked off.
That's what I figured.  The boo's didn't start until his fat mouth got on the mic, even when he was presenting the Con Smythe Trophy.
Logged
AprFools_Phins
Senior Member
****
Posts: 412


On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful


« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 11:32:13 pm »

Pittsburgh fans = completely trashy.  Your team lost, fair and square.  To boo Detroit while hoisting the Stanley Cup was ridiculous.  Show some class, jerk offs.

Don't agree. Are you telling me that if by chance you are in Miami for a game bw New England and us- they win- do you boo? I would...then again maybe I am just a trashy Pittsburgher
Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines