Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:53:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Sparano wants Jason back
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sparano wants Jason back  (Read 4896 times)
AprFools_Phins

On the Coast of Somewhere Beautiful

« on: June 03, 2008, 10:03:45 pm »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-63dolphinswantsjtback,0,2149407.story

Sparano wants Jason Taylor back with Dolphins

Two weeks after announcing that Jason Taylor wouldn't be attending any upcoming team-related activities, including training camp, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said that he told the six-time Pro Bowl defensive end in a meeting last week that he and the organization want him back.

"I really wanted to make a point to Jason about is that we as an organization and certainly me as a head coach want to see Jason Taylor back here with the Miami Dolphins in uniform out on the field doing what he does best for the Miami Dolphins and that's running after quarterbacks and sacking quarterbacks,'' Sparano said during an interview on 560-WQAM radio Tuesday night.

"I think at the end of our visit, I know that Jason knows that's how I feel and we feel as an organization right now.''

Sparano said the rest of the meeting would remain confidential. Still, Sparano said the team is prepared to play the 3-4 defensive scheme without Taylor as the outside pass-rushing linebacker, and that's why the Dolphins signed veteran Charlie Anderson and held on to second-year player Quentin Moses.

On Sunday, Taylor acknowledged he had a cordial meeting with Sparano, but still hasn't met with vice president of football operations Bill Parcells. Taylor also said he plans to play one more season and although he will soon prepare to play football after some down time with his family, he isn't ready to commit to attending training camp, which begins in late July.

StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 10:12:11 pm »

All this tap dancing is rivalling "Dancing with the Stars".  Undecided

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:42:37 pm »

OK, so what the fuck is going on here?  Sparano says that he knows JT won't be at training camp, then he turns around and says this shit?   Either this was a big misunderstanding or somebody's lying. 

Big black eye for everyone involved.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 01:16:17 am »

OK, so what the fuck is going on here?  Sparano says that he knows JT won't be at training camp, then he turns around and says this shit?   Either this was a big misunderstanding or somebody's lying. 

You are the eternal poster child for overreaction...sweet mercy.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DolFan619
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 02:24:17 am »

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-63dolphinswantsjtback,0,2149407.story

Sparano wants Jason Taylor back with Dolphins

Two weeks after announcing that Jason Taylor wouldn't be attending any upcoming team-related activities, including training camp, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said that he told the six-time Pro Bowl defensive end in a meeting last week that he and the organization want him back.

"I really wanted to make a point to Jason about is that we as an organization and certainly me as a head coach want to see Jason Taylor back here with the Miami Dolphins in uniform out on the field doing what he does best for the Miami Dolphins and that's running after quarterbacks and sacking quarterbacks,'' Sparano said during an interview on 560-WQAM radio Tuesday night.

"I think at the end of our visit, I know that Jason knows that's how I feel and we feel as an organization right now.''

Sparano said the rest of the meeting would remain confidential. Still, Sparano said the team is prepared to play the 3-4 defensive scheme without Taylor as the outside pass-rushing linebacker, and that's why the Dolphins signed veteran Charlie Anderson and held on to second-year player Quentin Moses.

On Sunday, Taylor acknowledged he had a cordial meeting with Sparano, but still hasn't met with vice president of football operations Bill Parcells. Taylor also said he plans to play one more season and although he will soon prepare to play football after some down time with his family, he isn't ready to commit to attending training camp, which begins in late July.

Whatever.  If we have to put up with Jason one more year, then so be it.  He's pretty much killed his own trade value as it is.

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 07:31:32 am »

You are the eternal poster child for overreaction...sweet mercy.

My name is not Jtex.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 07:59:28 am »

OK, so what the fuck is going on here?  Sparano says that he knows JT won't be at training camp, then he turns around and says this shit?   Either this was a big misunderstanding or somebody's lying. 

It really isn't that hard to deduce what happened. 

The new-trio laid down the law.  New leadership, new rules, new discipline.  Everyone must be in the off-season work out program; everyone must be at all the OTA.  Don't participate in the off-season, don't bother showing up to fall  camp.  Classic BP.   

JT said I got plans for the summer, see ya all at the fall camp.  BP got pissed that JT was ignoring his leadership. 

Problem for the Dolphins is you can't lay down the law that strong, so now they are back peddling.   The Dolphins overstating the discipline and then needing to back off will hurt the discipline/leadership a bit, but it did get everyone else into the program, and JT is too much of a professional to undermine the team once reports so the damage will be minimal. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 08:58:12 am »

This happens to a team and a star veteran player every year. This just happens to be the time it finally happens to the Dolphins and everyone acts like they have never seen this take place beofre.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 10:57:12 am »

It's a lot easier to trade someone who is in camp than it is to trade someone hanging out at the Hollywood party scene, so I'm glad to see that JT will be coming in soon.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 01:33:10 pm »

Here's what happened. this is easy.

Sparano - "Jason will not be at camp" (Coach saying Jason won't be at camp to turn people against Jason)

JT - "who said that!?  I'll see you there" (Jason refuting the coach's claims

Sparano - "We want Jason there..."  (Coach backpedaling now that JT called him a liar in public)
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 10:36:56 am »

Wants him back? I don't think he ever left. Look at this  story:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/06/05/0605finstaylor.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

I think the very fact that Parcells is asking a very high price of a 1st rounder for him proves that Parcells doesn't want him going anywhere. If he wanted him gone he would be.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray