Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:40:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Toledo by the Bay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Toledo by the Bay  (Read 3363 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:37:43 pm »

Most of you guys know that I had a healthy man-crush with the physically imposing, yet oft-injured OT Joe Toledo when Miami drafted him out of UW. When he was released by the Dolphins, I understood the reasoning, but was pretty sad about it anyway.

Not any more... Joe Toledo signed with the 49ers this morning for a camp tryout. One more shot for Toledo to make it in the NFL...one more chance to prove that he has the talent I've claimed he's had for so long.

Do my Niners proud, Joe...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 01:13:35 pm »

Do my Niners, Joe...

Well...it IS San Fran!

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:01 pm »

Don't you have a weekend trip to Providence to get going on? Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 01:31:56 pm »

Ogunquit.  Get it right, man.   Grin

-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 01:34:59 pm »

Yeah...I thought you'd want to get a little further out from Portland...for discretion's sake. Grin

~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 02:16:03 pm »

What the heck would I want to go to Providence then for?  To get beat up by the Mafia?

-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 02:32:25 pm »

What the heck would I want to go to Providence then for?  To get beat up by the Mafia?

Puh-lease... P-Town has more nancy boys than any city east of SF. And, being from the new england area, it "automatically" means they are more gay AND more obnoxious than the west coast rump rangers. The only organized crime in Providence is the mafia window dressers union...

~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 02:48:09 pm »

You have your "P" cities in Rhode Island confused.  My father grew up in Providence, I know a little something of it.

Providence is a very gritty, crime ridden city that has a massive organized crime problem.

Provincetown is the city that is widely known as San Fran east and is on Cape Cod, but a lot of people think it's in Rhode Island because you can literally swim to RI from that city.

There is a HUGE difference between these two cities.

Here is a good article about organized crime and it's history in Providence:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/gangsters_outlaws/family_epics/providence_mob/1.html

Crime stats as of 2007 in Providence.  For a city of under 60,000 total check out the number of felony assualts and robbery.  It's a dirty, dangerous city.

http://www.providencepolice.com/stats.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 02:51:56 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged

-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 02:55:45 pm »

Your knowledge base of Provincetown far exceeds mine...I'll concede to your intimate grasp of the place. Wink

Jesus...did you just link to city stats in a sarcasm-fest? You worry me sometimes, Mainer...

~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 02:59:23 pm »

LOL...we vacationed in Orleans, which is right across the bay on Cape Cod from Ptown.  When we went into Ptown it would always throw my father into a tizzy.  Let's just say he's a TAD homophobic.  Seeing two dudes holding hands would make his head spin around on his shoulders.

Hence, my knowledge of both wonderful cities.

That and I'm secretly gay.  I don't really cover the Sox at all.  I spend all my time in Ptown!  Smiley

-Voltaire
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 08:08:41 am »

Most of you guys know that I had a healthy man-crush with the physically imposing, yet oft-injured OT Joe Toledo when Miami drafted him out of UW. When he was released by the Dolphins, I understood the reasoning, but was pretty sad about it anyway.

Not any more... Joe Toledo signed with the 49ers this morning for a camp tryout. One more shot for Toledo to make it in the NFL...one more chance to prove that he has the talent I've claimed he's had for so long.

Do my Niners proud, Joe...

So Bluto has signed with the Niners eh.....

Over??  Over??  NOTHING is over until WE decide it is!!!!!

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=9440.0
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:14:52 am by Tommy » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray