Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:40:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Worst Moments in Dolphins History - Bracket
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Worst Moments in Dolphins History - Bracket  (Read 16234 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: June 23, 2008, 02:05:22 pm »

http://phinphanatic.com/

Our friends at PhinPhanatic are having a bracket where you vote on the worst moments in Dolphins history.  The first matchup is there now.  Just go to the homepage.

I drink your milkshake!
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 02:15:24 pm »

My vote is in!

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 03:44:13 pm »

I picked Saban leaving for this round.

I don't think that Pats snowplow thing was that big of a deal.  It's fucked up and kinda funny in hindsight, but the guy probably would've made the kick anyway.

I drink your milkshake!
Txmedic5

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 04:05:43 pm »

Hey All,

This is Brian, the writer on Phinphanatic.com and I wanted to personally thank Dave for putting this up for me.  Also thanks to all of you for voting.

I, like Dave, voted for Saban as well.  Although the league rules changed because of the "snow plow" game, historically I don't think it impacted the Phins all that much.

2 more events will be up tomorrow as well.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:15:49 pm »

I am curious are you going to put up the death of David Overstreet ?

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Txmedic5

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 04:22:13 pm »

I actually thought about putting him up.  In the end, I decided not to as I thought that his death really didn't impact the history of the team, it was one of the worst moments for sure, but the impact on the team itself was not far reaching.  I really had a hard time deciding to put him on or leaving him off.  In the end I decided to leave him off.  He deserves far better than having his name on a list with Wannstedt, Fletcher, and Moore.

By the way, you can see the full bracket as it is now by scrolling below the poll.  Each day I will have another poll open...M-F.  Each poll will be open for 5 days.  My plan is to have this over just before the start of Training Camp...kind of a put the demons to rest and start new kind of thing.
Guru-In-Vegas
Uber Member

I found it cheaper on the internet

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 04:30:40 pm »

I voted for Nick Saban.  Mostly because I wasn't born yet in '82. 
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 04:50:19 pm »

I actually thought about putting him up.  In the end, I decided not to as I thought that his death really didn't impact the history of the team, it was one of the worst moments for sure, but the impact on the team itself was not far reaching.  I really had a hard time deciding to put him on or leaving him off.  In the end I decided to leave him off.  He deserves far better than having his name on a list with Wannstedt, Fletcher, and Moore.

By the way, you can see the full bracket as it is now by scrolling below the poll.  Each day I will have another poll open...M-F.  Each poll will be open for 5 days.  My plan is to have this over just before the start of Training Camp...kind of a put the demons to rest and start new kind of thing.
Thanks for the reply and answer. I voted for the snowplow game .
I really like your site you have really good information. Some funny stuff too, the old man with a cake blazing, happy birthday Zack...lol...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:55:01 pm by simeon » Logged

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
DolFan619
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 04:51:32 pm »

I voted for Saban as well.  
Txmedic5

Email
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 05:00:59 pm »

Simeon:  Thans man, the cake was pretty funny, it took me awhile to figure out to get it to work...LOL.  Zach has really done a great job setting up the site.

You may enjoy the Marlin Briscoe feature as well.  It is an exclusive Im working on with the film company producing a movie about his life.

Thanks for the good words on the site.  I appreciate it.

B
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 05:34:40 pm »

Nice poll... I went with Saban, because I still feel the pain from that one.

I'll pimp these polls on the TDMMC Saturday Night show as well...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 06:11:30 pm »

Heres a big one you missed.
Robbie family sells to Wayne Huizenga.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:15:01 pm by simeon » Logged

Txmedic5

Email
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 06:39:30 pm »

Thanks Sun, thats really cool of you.
Txmedic5

Email
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 06:40:33 pm »

Heres a big one you missed.
Robbie family sells to Wayne Huizenga.

I thought about that one as well in the end I didn't know if that was nescessarily the worst thing that could have happened, Robbies death itself was probably worse.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 06:44:01 pm »

I voted on your poll, so - Save our beer!  Sign the petition - link below!  Smiley

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray